Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MagnetBack

Michigan State beats Wisconsin

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, potentiallydangerous said:

No, if he took the mat healthy it would have. Does everything on the internet have to be explained piece by piece? I guess I should have just said it would have been different if Moran were not injured.

What you are saying is accurate, but most duals have starters missing. 
  
If half the lineup was out, fine. It would somewhat temper the value of the win. 1 starter out? I don’t think it’s fair to assume Wisconsin would’ve won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even without Moran, Wisconsin is still a heavy favorite in that match. Michigan State showed up to scrap and should be congratulated for their efforts, regardless of if Wisconsin was missing 1 starter. 
 

Related: name one team in the country that has rolled out the same 10 starters every single match this year. Injuries happen, it’s part of the sport. This is still a head scratcher of a loss for the badgers. It happens sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Even without Moran, Wisconsin is still a heavy favorite in that match. Michigan State showed up to scrap and should be congratulated for their efforts, regardless of if Wisconsin was missing 1 starter. 
 

Related: name one team in the country that has rolled out the same 10 starters every single match this year. Injuries happen, it’s part of the sport. This is still a head scratcher of a loss for the badgers. It happens sometimes.

Yup 100%
 

I also don’t think it matters much in terms of the post season. I don’t think anyone has Sebastian a real chance at AAing, and he is the only one that lost that was ranked. 
  
Wisconsin needs high placements from Gross, Hilger, and Wick, then 1 or 2 more, to make the podium. They realistically have a shot at 141 and 149. Nobody else is AAing. 
  
They need a near perfect performance to make the podium. They have the firepower if everyone delivers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yup 100%
 

I also don’t think it matters much in terms of the post season. I don’t think anyone has Sebastian a real chance at AAing, and he is the only one that lost that was ranked. 
  
Wisconsin needs high placements from Gross, Hilger, and Wick, then 1 or 2 more, to make the podium. They realistically have a shot at 141 and 149. Nobody else is AAing. 
  
They need a near perfect performance to make the podium. They have the firepower if everyone delivers 

Yeah agree with all of this. I’m not a huge believer that they have a chance to AA at 149. 141 I think has a pretty decent shot depending on how Morans draw is and if he’s back healthy. 
 

More than anything else, this is just a huge confidence builder for Sparty and a little bit of a gut punch for Wisconsin. It won’t mean much more than that though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

Even without Moran, Wisconsin is still a heavy favorite in that match. Michigan State showed up to scrap and should be congratulated for their efforts, regardless of if Wisconsin was missing 1 starter. 
 

Related: name one team in the country that has rolled out the same 10 starters every single match this year. Injuries happen, it’s part of the sport. This is still a head scratcher of a loss for the badgers. It happens sometimes.

There aren't any. No team has had fewer than twelve different starters, aside from Presbyterian with ten, and Presbyterian has rolled out at least three of the Forfeit brothers in every dual.

Edited by SetonHallPirate
Correction to Presbyterian's starter count from nine to ten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

No, if he took the mat healthy it would have. Does everything on the internet have to be explained piece by piece? I guess I should have just said it would have been different if Moran were not injured.

No. You aren't getting the point.

We could all play what if all we want. Wisconsin put their best team out tonight. That didn't include Moran because the staff knew he shouldn't wrestle.

Santos tonight still beats Moran tonight, had he suited up. You don't get to choose what version of Moran shows up.

Using your logic I could then turn around and say that had Foley wrestled 125 would have been bonus the other way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...