Mokoma

Lee will pin Pletcher

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux said:

And simultaneously a leprechaun riding a unicorn will swoop into BJC just as a comet strikes Earth, obliterating all life.

Is David Taylor loaning out his unicorn for this? Or does this leprechaun taking a chance at use one that’s not familiar with the BJC?  Clearly Taylor will be busy lassoing the comet and saving mankind, so his unicorn will be free for the night.  

Edited by MadMardigain

6 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Is David Taylor loaning out his unicorn for this? Or does this leprechaun taking a chance at use one that’s not familiar with the BJC?  Clearly Taylor will be busy lassoing the comet and saving mankind, so his unicorn will be free for the night.  

Yes, and that unicorn's name is BUBBA.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux said:

And simultaneously a leprechaun riding a unicorn will swoop into BJC just as a comet strikes Earth, obliterating all life.

Pretty farfetched. I really don’t think Pletcher would be riding Spencer Lee into BJC. 

The difference in this Match will be Lee’s dominance from the top position. Whether that makes Pletcher go neutral and sacrifice a point, or Pletcher getting taken down and ridden out a period versus getting that crucial 1 point escape.. one of these scenarios I think will be the difference in the match and in Lee’s favor.

6 hours ago, fightingsioux said:

All those Biblical types love this idea since Unicorns are mentioned nine times in the Bible.

No mention of Cats...

This is working out too well. 

something ****ty will happen. One guy is going to get injured or take a BS loss or something, which will make this potential rivalry way less compelling. Maybe they wrestle this week, but not at NCAAs. 

Hyperbole. Pletcher is a man on a mission this year. Lee could very well win, but I don’t think either guy is getting pinned unless someone brings a gun onto the mat. I expect a wild match with great scrambles that should be right up there with Hall/Kem and Joseph/Marinelli for match of the season

2 points:

1. Lee Pletcher if they end up splitting in the dual and the big ten championships, does the NCAA end at 141?
  2. Sorry to Hijack the thread, but Lee vs Mckee….McKee hitting those head pinches is why I HATE FREESTYLE SCORING. If it was FS he would have been up 8-0, and at no point did he establish control or dominance... Folk>free.

1 minute ago, Lurie92 said:

2 points:

1. Lee Pletcher if they end up splitting in the dual and the big ten championships, does the NCAA end at 141?
  2. Sorry to Hijack the thread, but Lee vs Mckee….McKee hitting those head pinches is why I HATE FREESTYLE SCORING. If it was FS he would have been up 8-0, and at no point did he establish control or dominance... Folk>free.

I do not think 141 will be last match.  133, 165, 174 and 184 are all more likely I believe.

Lee and Pletcher have 9 common opponents this year. Lee has done better in 5 of those 9 matches. Pletcher has done better in 4 of 9. Either wrestler pinning or dominating the other seems a bit of a stretch IMO...

19 minutes ago, Lurie92 said:

2 points:

1. Hmmmm, maybe? I could also see a few other matches ending the finals, namely 165 (Vincenzo / Marinelli), 174 (Hall / Kemerer). Maybe Zahid as well as it is his last finals. 

2. I see your point and I prefer folk as well but if the point is to expose your opponent like that, then under freestyle rules he actually did establish control in those situations. But I don't think Lee would have allowed himself to be exposed like that in a freestyle match.

16 hours ago, Mokoma said:

This is my prediction, and I’m not even sure it’s an outlandish prediction.

This match will not be close.

I'd love it if you were right. But I think the only way this happens is if Pletcher is smoking your pipe with you before the match. Although what are the odds that Tan Tom doesn't send Pletcher out Saturday night. He may prefer to see round one at Rutgers on a neutral mat.