Jump to content
Mokoma

Lee will pin Pletcher

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lurie92 said:

2 points

  1. Sorry to Hijack the thread, but Lee vs Mckee….McKee hitting those head pinches is why I HATE FREESTYLE SCORING. If it was FS he would have been up 8-0, and at no point did he establish control or dominance... Folk>free.

 

The counter argument to that was that it was a beautiful technique that put his opponent on his back, in danger, and scrambling for his life....for which he was rewarded nothing. And not to get too argumentative with you, but it would have been 4-1.  Lee was on a knee for both exposures, and he would have gotten 1 reversal.  Big difference down three vs two points from superiority.
 

It’s just a matter of preference, for me free>folk. 

Edited by Lurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

All those Biblical types love this idea since Unicorns are mentioned nine times in the Bible.

No mention of Cats...

A bit reaching, but typical of the media industry.  

"A re'em, also reëm (Hebrew: רְאֵם), is an animal mentioned nine times in the Hebrew Bible and variously translated as a unicorn or a wild ox."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 82bordeaux said:

I'd love it if you were right. But I think the only way this happens is if Pletcher is smoking your pipe with you before the match. Although what are the odds that Tan Tom doesn't send Pletcher out Saturday night. He may prefer to see round one at Rutgers on a neutral mat.

I guess we already knew it, but if one of them ducks then even more proof of duals don't matter.

Unless maybe tOSU bumps up Pletcher/Sasso?

 

125: Heinselman dec Meredith 3-0 tOSU

133: RBY maj Decatur 4-3 PSU

141: Lee tech backup 9-3 PSU

149: Pletcher maj Verk 9-7 PSU

157: Sasso maj Pipher/Gardner 11-9 tOSU

165: Joseph dec Smith 12-11 PSU

174: Hall dec Romero 15-11 PSU

184: Jordan dec Brooks 15-14 (tOSU would need this upset to win IMO)

197: Moore major Rasheed 18-15 tOSU

285: Nevills dec Traub 18-18

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I guess we already knew it, but if one of them ducks then even more proof of duals don't matter.

Unless maybe tOSU bumps up Pletcher/Sasso?

 

125: Heinselman dec Meredith 3-0 tOSU

133: RBY maj Decatur 4-3 PSU

141: Lee tech backup 9-3 PSU

149: Pletcher maj Verk 9-7 PSU

157: Sasso maj Pipher/Gardner 11-9 tOSU

165: Joseph dec Smith 12-11 PSU

174: Hall dec Romero 15-11 PSU

184: Jordan dec Brooks 15-14 (tOSU would need this upset to win IMO)

197: Moore major Rasheed 18-15 tOSU

285: Nevills dec Traub 18-18

 

 

This is very unlikely.  Lee would likely pin backup, and Pletcher would only win a decision at best against Verkleeran.  I might even favor Verkleeran with the size difference.  Ohio State has very little chance to win this meet.  22-11 is more likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I wouldn't want you to miss it. Its on Saturday. Probably a typo, but better safe than sorry.

I know when it is. Its on BTN which I have. I actually have a friend in from out of town and have to do the whole host thing and these fine people know zilch about wrestling, so I am taping it and will watch after they leave. Life is complicated some times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

This is very unlikely.  Lee would likely pin backup, and Pletcher would only win a decision at best against Verkleeran.  I might even favor Verkleeran with the size difference.  Ohio State has very little chance to win this meet.  22-11 is more likely.

No way Verk beats Pletcher, but I could see it being only a decision.   The least likely thing is Jordan beating Brooks which would be 21-15 if you flip it, I think everything else is plausible if not likely.   Just trying to think of a scenario where Ryan could duck Lee but still claim to be trying to win the dual.   But in all likelihood their best shot of winning of course is with Pletcher beating Lee.  

Lee is not guaranteed to pin the backup.  Yes his pin of McKee was nice but he does "only" have 3 other pins on the year, and they were in the first week of the season against guys from Navy, Bloomsburg and Maryland.   Happel was pinned too, but if tOSU doesn't send out Pletcher, I'm betting they can find a guy that can avoid getting pinned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

No way Verk beats Pletcher, but I could see it being only a decision.   The least likely thing is Jordan beating Brooks which would be 21-15 if you flip it, I think everything else is plausible if not likely.   Just trying to think of a scenario where Ryan could duck Lee but still claim to be trying to win the dual.   But in all likelihood their best shot of winning of course is with Pletcher beating Lee.  

Lee is not guaranteed to pin the backup.  Yes his pin of McKee was nice but he does "only" have 3 other pins on the year, and they were in the first week of the season against guys from Navy, Bloomsburg and Maryland.   Happel was pinned too, but if tOSU doesn't send out Pletcher, I'm betting they can find a guy that can avoid getting pinned.

I will be very surprised if OSU can keep it to 21-15 at BJC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mokoma said:

This is my prediction, and I’m not even sure it’s an outlandish prediction.

This match will not be close.

Not outlandish, with the flurry of scrambling these two potentially bring, and Lee's length, there are times in the Pletcher's matches

where he is susceptible to the nearside cradle. It will happen in one of these three matches (Dual, Big Ten's, or NCAA's)...book it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, Mokoma said:

This is my prediction, and I’m not even sure it’s an outlandish prediction.

This match will not be close.

 

There are several subscription wrestling sites and podcasts, and yet you are giving away this in-depth analysis for free. Bold move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah. Pletcher is 2 feet tall, who was the last guy who put up a football score on him?

Tariq had nearly 100, or at least it felt that way.  That was 2 years ago though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...