Mokoma

Lee will pin Pletcher

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I really don't know what that post means. 

You asked who last put up a football score on Luke right?  Tariq Wilson pretty sure had close to 20 on him in his major at nationals, which was 2 years ago.  Micic won 14-1 over Luke last year.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

You asked who last put up a football score on Luke right?  Tariq Wilson pretty sure had close to 20 on him in his major at nationals, which was 2 years ago.  Micic won 14-1 over Luke last year.

Micic won 14-1? I'll stand corrected if thats true. 

Still don't think he is gonna major pletcher.

5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Micic won 14-1? I'll stand corrected if thats true. 

Still don't think he is gonna major pletcher.

It’s true.  Tariq beat him 17-8 at nationals in 2018.

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

if gulibon beat him he ain't qualifying 

Heck he only beat Corey Keener of PSU in February 2018, 5-4.  Gulibon beat him twice, 5-3 and then 11-4 at nationals.

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

Pletcher is the worst wrestler in the NCAA

Not quite what I’m saying at all.  Luke is tough and will finish top 5 again this year, quite possibly being in the finals.  However, Nick Lee will smash him at least once.

3 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Not quite what I’m saying at all.  Luke is tough and will finish top 5 again this year, quite possibly being in the finals.  However, Nick Lee will smash him at least once.

I'm just joking. I didn't realize he had been blown out that badly.

Still saying lee won't get bonus.....the line is Lee -2.5.

Edited by hammerlockthree

11 hours ago, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

What makes you think you’re a bigger psu fan? I live in state college

Well, it was a joke actually. But I can say with certainty that I am the Penn State fan with a better sense of humor.

8 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'm just joking. I didn't realize he had been blown out that badly.

Still saying lee won't get bonus.....the line is Lee -2.5.

I take Lee -2.5 for this first match for sure.

Just now, MadMardigain said:

Does a stall warning count as 0.5?

Haha, I assume you know this but the half point is important and means that Lee winning by 3 or more is a win for me and by 2 or less is a win for hammerlockthree.  

Good point on the stalling and I take the over on 0.5 stall calls against Pletcher.

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

1/25/19 Micic 14 Pletcher 1. 

At NCAAs though it was 6-1 Micic.

Serious question. How many of Pletcher's matches have you watched this year? I've watched all of his matches and of any wrestler in all of college he probably looks the most improved. The weight bump to 141 from 133 has been a huge difference for him. Last year's results have little bearing on his success this year. 

Lee is a great wrestler and could very well win but so could Pletcher. I actually have Lee as a slight favorite.

Edited by DocBZ

22 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Serious question. How many of Pletcher's matches have you watched this year? I've watched all of his matches and of any wrestler in all of college he probably looks the most improved. The weight bump to 141 from 133 has been a huge difference for him. Last year's results have little bearing on his success this year. 

Lee is a great wrestler and could very well win but so could Pletcher. I actually have Lee as a slight favorite.

How many of Nick Lee's matches have you watched?  Talk about "most improved."  I'm guessing you'll see one of his matches this weekend, unless someone is ducking.

31 minutes ago, klehner said:

How many of Nick Lee's matches have you watched?  Talk about "most improved."  I'm guessing you'll see one of his matches this weekend, unless someone is ducking.

Truth!  Watching Lee at US Senior Nationals, plus this season, there is a clear and distinct difference in his game.

1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

Funny you should ask. Last night as I was reading this thread I thought to myself that I have only seen a couple of Pletcher's matches this year. I should watch a few more to see what I see. So I watched 4 more last night. There is no question that Pletcher has taken a big step forward from last year.

I am with you on both counts. Pletcher could win, but I favor Lee. Their results against common wrestlers is about as close to identical as you can get in the real world. But, my gut says go with Lee. I can offer nothing more scientific than that.