Mokoma

Lee will pin Pletcher

1 hour ago, AIW-HS said:

Pletcher ain’t beating Lee this year. 

I'm with ya on this one. Lee showed me a couple things tonight. While he presses hard he only takes shots when he feels he has an advantage. Much more strategic in his attacks while still wearing down his opponent. Pletcher looked gassed to me and that is not something that can be solved between now and the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

... Pletcher looked gassed to me and that is not something that can be solved between now and the end of the season.

That's right. Just ask Joey McKenna.... :P

Edited by PABuck

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I'm with ya on this one. Lee showed me a couple things tonight. While he presses hard he only takes shots when he feels he has an advantage. Much more strategic in his attacks while still wearing down his opponent. Pletcher looked gassed to me and that is not something that can be solved between now and the end of the season.

3 weeks not long enough to train conditioning? That is half an mma camp. 

A 4 or 5 minute match, I would slightly favor Pletcher. When conditioning isn’t a factor, Pletcher looks a tad bit better. However, conditioning is actually a HUGE factor and the last 2.5 minutes favor Lee considerably. 

Lee’s gas tank advantage is as much as I have seen since Metcalf, maybe even more. His attack rate actually goes up in the 3rd and he has become a hammer on top so if he has to finish the match on top he can and will. 

Edited by MSU158

I'm curious how Lee vs. Retherford goes.

They might meet up at Olympic Trials if Lee manages to get past Yianni, which should be interesting. 

Yianni is crazy good with scrambles but Lee is now a force to be reckoned with. And he neutralized Eierman's scrambling when they met at the US Open.

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

I will bet you lee wins each time they wrestle. I have to win 2 matched prob you only 1.

Well no guarantee they wrestle 2 more times.  How about 2:1 (I’ll donate $5 to $10 for you) Lee doesn’t go undefeated on the year?

If I’m Penn State I’m looking at how much Pletcher was able to get to his legs, and each was from space. Lee dominated when he had his hands on him. If they can keep Pletcher from getting under Lee’s hands, the next match will have some separation.  If not and Pletcher can adjust and finish...we may have a different match. 

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

This match was at BJC. I think the remaining matches will be closer. I think Pletcher takes it at B1Gs, but Lee wins it all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Odd as it sounds, Pletcher very much looked like he got Carvered at BJC.

He's never had gas tank issues previously (that I recall), and apparently he's a distance runner as well.

Last night, however, was a tale of two halves, and subsequent Lee's second period TD, it almost seemed like Pletcher had been injured in the exchange.  He went from controlling the match to utterly defeated in a moment, and didn't even raise his head for the duration of the ride out.

Maybe it was just Nick's pace, but the second half of that match was a complete headscratcher for me.

11 hours ago, dmm53 said:

I'm curious how Lee vs. Retherford goes.

They might meet up at Olympic Trials if Lee manages to get past Yianni, which should be interesting. 

Yianni is crazy good with scrambles but Lee is now a force to be reckoned with. And he neutralized Eierman's scrambling when they met at the US Open.

He no doubt earned the win vs Eierman at the open but the nature of FS neutralizes a good chuck of scrambling on its own.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Scrambling is different in free, since you can't expose your back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes it’s different. It’s still there. And they do it very very well. Point is FS does not negate scrambling. Good scrambling can be just as effective in FS

Edited by Lurker

Just now, TBar1977 said:

After watching Lee-Pletcher 1, I think Nick wins the next two matches as well. He can get to Nick's legs more often, and his conversion rate is very high. 

He gets to his own legs?