Mokoma

Lee will pin Pletcher

6 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

....2020 Nick Lee handles 2019 Nick Lee.

likewise for Pletcher... moreso, even. Compare the difference in margin of victory for each from last year to this... as much as Lee has improved this year, an objective case for "Pletcher having imporoved even more" can be made. McKenna lost to Lee at home last year... Pletcher got "carvered" ... the rematch will be closer

19 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Guess that .5 stalling warning I was asking for didn’t come into play since it went to a full stall point.  

When did Pletcher get his first stall warning?

The next two I understand, but prior to being taken down, he was never close to stalling.

1 hour ago, PABuck said:

likewise for Pletcher... moreso, even. Compare the difference in margin of victory for each from last year to this... as much as Lee has improved this year, an objective case for "Pletcher having imporoved even more" can be made. McKenna lost to Lee at home last year... Pletcher got "carvered" ... the rematch will be closer

I agree that a case for Pletcher being the most improved wrestler this year would be hard to argue against. But it was 2020, the new and improved, Pletcher that lost last night. 

And please dont take that as a knock on Pletcher. I think he is a great wrestler and I imagine he is a great person. I just think the situation is different than last year between McKenna and Lee.

Last year McKenna won their three match series by an aggregate of 1 point. And when Lee won it was a come back from 5-1. Lee took charge at the very end. Last night it was all Lee after the initial takedown. And when Pletcher couldn't get out from bottom to end the second is when he appeared gassed.

I just think its different. and I know you dont. 

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I agree that a case for Pletcher being the most improved wrestler this year would be hard to argue against. But it was 2020, the new and improved, Pletcher that lost last night. 

And please dont take that as a knock on Pletcher. I think he is a great wrestler and I imagine he is a great person. I just think the situation is different than last year between McKenna and Lee.

Last year McKenna won their three match series by an aggregate of 1 point. And when Lee won it was a come back from 5-1. Lee took charge at the very end. Last night it was all Lee after the initial takedown. And when Pletcher couldn't get out from bottom to end the second is when he appeared gassed.

I just think its different. and I know you dont. 

I disagree with this assessment.  I thought Pletcher was controlling the positioning and movement of that match into the second period, and then there was a shift.  How much is Lee's pace and how much is the big match "gassing" we sometime see in those big arena matches, I don't know.  I think the two are closer than that match made it appear, and I think Pletcher takes the one at B1Gs.  But I do think Lee is slightly better and wins the NCAA title when he adjusts to Pletcher's adjustments.

Lee has been coming up out of his stance more this year than the last couple. Or maybe I should stay his stance has been a little higher. My opinion, Pletcher needs to make his adjustments in finishing.  He got to Lee’s legs plenty. I think Lee needs to bring his stance back down a little. Keep Pletcher from getting under his hands and to Lee’s legs from space. When Lee was able to get his hands on him Pletcher wasn’t able to penetrate through that and Lee controlled things. Watching this first match I felt like if Lee can get him into ties and keep him off his legs from space, Pletcher will have nothing for him. 

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lee has been coming up out of his stance more this year than the last couple. Or maybe I should stay his stance has been a little higher. My opinion, Pletcher needs to make his adjustments in finishing.  He got to Lee’s legs plenty. I think Lee needs to bring his stance back down a little. Keep Pletcher from getting under his hands and to Lee’s legs from space. When Lee was able to get his hands on him Pletcher wasn’t able to penetrate through that and Lee controlled things. Watching this first match I felt like if Lee can get him into ties and keep him off his legs from space, Pletcher will have nothing for him. 

I think Pletcher really only has one adjustment he can make, he will always be limited in what he can do by his dimensions.  I think he cleans up the finishes for the next match.  Lee's body type will allow for more adjustments to be made, he just has more tools i nthe box, especially with his superior mat wrestling.  I think Pletcher only wins if he keeps this as a predominantly neutral match, and he slows down a little to avoid gassing.