Sign in to follow this  
Conrad51

Finding good source for donating to the sport of wrestling

Doing some estate planning and looking for ideas on where to donate money to wrestling. There are a lot of people/things in life that I owe a debt of gratitude for my successes;  however, I firmly believe wrestling was the greatest influence. 

https://donate.usawrestling.org/living-the-dream-medal-fund  is one I'm definitely going to do.  I probably need a few others.  

Does anyone know much about how well the fund above is managed?

Other ideas?

22 minutes ago, Conrad51 said:

Doing some estate planning and looking for ideas on where to donate money to wrestling. There are a lot of people/things in life that I owe a debt of gratitude for my successes;  however, I firmly believe wrestling was the greatest influence. 

https://donate.usawrestling.org/living-the-dream-medal-fund  is one I'm definitely going to do.  I probably need a few others.  

Other ideas?

Best bang for your bucks: use the estate money to bet against JC, he will then donate his losses to your favorite program, you still, have all you money, wait till next weekend matches and repeat.  It kind've an infinite thing.  :)

1 hour ago, Conrad51 said:

Other ideas?

If your alma mater has wrestling and is one of the 40+ underfunded programs, then that would be a good start.

Look at your nearby High School programs and see what they need and if they would use the funds for their wrestling program. After that try the College programs you favor, from Jr. College to the four year programs. Helping the feeder programs like High School and small Colleges will help a lot of kids.

Conrad - that's very generous and thoughtful of you man.  Maybe you might want to consider planning / providing funds to schools who eliminated wrestling due to lack of funding. It would be great for the schools, wrestlers and wrestling in general to get these kids back on the mat competing. Good luck!

America’s Shrine to the sport, the National Wrestling Hall of Fame & Museum is a private nonprofit institution whose mission is to honor the sport of wrestling by preserving its history, recognizing extraordinary individual achievements, and inspiring future generations.

Your tax-deductible contribution can help the Hall of Fame fulfill its mission.

Learn more about the Hall of Fame at https://nwhof.org/

For more information on estate planning for the Hall of Fame, call (405) 377-5243.

Thank you for your support of wrestling and helping to continue to Grow The Sport.

The best and most worthy individual wrestling-related program I know of is the Harvey Twisters in the south side of Chicago. They aren’t very active when it comes to fundraising, etc. and barely even posts on social media...but it’s an incredible outfit.

There’s been lots of press on it over the years so I won’t bother regurgitating it here, but so yourself a favor and look it up. There are lots of impoverished and violent places in the Chicagoland area, but perhaps none to the extent of Harvey. It’s a town on Chicago’s southern border with a population of less than 25k that had 23 homicides in 2019 alone.

Quintroy Harrell deserves more recognition for what he’s done over the past 30 years with the Twisters.