Sign in to follow this  
kgschalhoub

ACC Conference

On 2/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, iGranby said:

The ACC is my second favorite conference to follow anymore. NC State is my second favorite program to follow in the country. Not far behind is Pitt. 

I would love to see the conference bring back at least a few programs. 

Has Georgia Tech ever had a program? With HS wrestling very quickly getting very good in the state that would be a great program to bring into the fold imo. 

It would be much better to get UGA or event Georgia State. GT isn’t going to attract most of the good Georgia high schoolers. 

Georgia Tech had a team until the early 1980s.  Wake Forest had a team for a few years in the early 1960s.  BC dropped in 2014.  

Most of the growth in wrestling is, at small private colleges that are enrollment driven at the NAIA and Div 3 levels. 

Edited by Sparky

I should have realized, BU Dropping meant EIWA was left only with BU and BU, But BU was in the EWL (Boston, Bucknell, Binghamton, Bloomsburg) (I think there are like 4 other D1 BUs without wrestling. Sp BoU. BuU, BiU, Bl, Bryant BrU, and I guess Bucknell says screw Butler

15 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

"ACC Conference"?

Right up there with "PIN Number"

and maybe

"La La Trattoria" restaurant.

You're right! I make this mistake sometimes. I bet more people say PIN number than just PIN. But the point of the thread is still a good discussion area.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:38 PM, Housebuye said:

It would be much better to get UGA or event Georgia State. GT isn’t going to attract most of the good Georgia high schoolers. 

What makes you say that?

Not being rude, I am legitimately curious. I dont know much about the GA HS scene or Tech as a school. 

6 hours ago, kgschalhoub said:

You're right! I make this mistake sometimes. I bet more people say PIN number than just PIN. But the point of the thread is still a good discussion area.

Yes, it is a good discussion.

Would be nice to see teams added but not likely it will happen - unless some of the schools look seriously at adding women's wrestling and tag a men's team on to keep things even.