hammerlockthree

So is Darmstadt a contender now?

56 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

Darmstadt is a freak, don’t know if he beats Moore this year but guarantee he will make Adams look silly.  Adams highly overrated 

Why is Adams overrated? He’s a sophomore whose 25-0 with 14 bonus point wins, he has 1 match which he won by 2, every other match he’s won by more then takedown. I’m not saying he’s a world beater but he was a NQ as a freshman on a terrible team and now has really stepped it up this year 

Darmstadt is a contender because nobody can disagree that he is one of the most dangerous guys at 197.  That being said, his style is just as dangerous to himself, and if you can hold your own rolling around on the mat with him (literally) there is a chance you can catch him on his back.  

Adams and Darmstadt would be a good one to watch.  

55 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Why is Adams overrated? He’s a sophomore whose 25-0 with 14 bonus point wins, he has 1 match which he won by 2, every other match he’s won by more then takedown. I’m not saying he’s a world beater but he was a NQ as a freshman on a terrible team and now has really stepped it up this year 

Once the flo Bros get ahold of him and start putting his favorite star wars movie pick on instragram 40 times a week, we'll know he is overrated. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

10 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

Darmstadt is a contender because nobody can disagree that he is one of the most dangerous guys at 197.  That being said, his style is just as dangerous to himself, and if you can hold your own rolling around on the mat with him (literally) there is a chance you can catch him on his back.  

Adams and Darmstadt would be a good one to watch.  

who can roll around with him though? 

27 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Adams, a healthy tanner Sloan, I believe him and Darmstadt had a 1 point match this year. I’m sure there are others, I mean he’s been pinned by Webster and Venz this year.

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Adams, a healthy tanner Sloan, I believe him and Darmstadt had a 1 point match this year. I’m sure there are others, I mean he’s been pinned by Webster and Venz this year.

At 184.

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

yeah but part of the contender calculus is that 84 doesn't count.

My take on Adams is that he is a freak athlete, don't think he could close positions on darmstadt.

43 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Anyone who has pinned him or beaten him.  Darmstadt is prone to cradles simply because of his build, but he is fully aware of that.  Pinners have the best chance against him.  Most of his losses are by fall.  Vast majority.

If I were an EIWA 197, I would watch the DeSanto RBY match to learn the cradle defense to a single leg.  

Edited by Cptafw164

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

My take on Adams is that he is a freak athlete, don't think he could close positions on darmstadt.

From what I’ve seen of Adams’s ( probably about 6 matches) he seems like a high level scrambler and looks just as comfortable as Darmstadt rolling around the mat, that being said I wouldn’t be surprised if this match ended in under a minute and I’m not sure whose pinning who lol I really hope they hit at ncaas should be a great match 

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Freak athletes are precisely the types who would beat Darmstadt.  Usually freak athletes are pinners.  

3 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

Freak athletes are precisely the types who would beat Darmstadt.  Usually freak athletes are pinners.  

I’d love to see Josh Hokit vs Darmstadt...2 completely opposite styles, I think that match would be all fireworks, it’s a shame Hokit didn’t want to make the cut to 197 he’d probably be a finalist favorite 

Edited by Antitroll2828

19 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I thought the reason Hokit is not cutting to 197 is because he is also training for the NFL draft and needs to add as much as weight as possible?

Yes, there was no way for him to make the cut to 197 and put himself in the best position to get drafted, it’s a shame because I think he really could’ve been a finalist at 197 but he’s only looking like a R12 guy at heavyweight 

17 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

FWIW, Moore has beaten Darmstadt convincingly going back to high school (a tech fall I believe). I think Moore is a tough stylistic match up for him. However, Darmstadt is dangerous enough to never be counted out. I do think he's probably the second best guy when healthy and firing on all cylinders. 

Moore pinned Darmstadt at the Bill Dies tournament final in 3:51.

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

I didn’t ask you . The poster I quoted said he believed it was a tech fall so I corrected him. K tough guy?

You are, of course, correct.  I apologize for misreading what you were intending.

24 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

And Brandon Whitman continues to show promise at times, then other times he loses to guys he has no business losing too. Talk about a guy that really needs a redshirt season. 

And, as you said, a bump to 285.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

As of today , no he doesn’t appear to be.....

Not everyone wrestles at their best every match.  I recall Gabe Dean losing to Nolan Boyd as his only loss his junior year; he happened to be sick at that match.

10 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

Darmstadt's a monster.  He's entitled to a bad day.

But every day is a bad day for that Cornell announcer on ESPN+.  Must be Koll's brother in law to have gotten that job.  Think I'll be hearing him say "Johnny Loew" in my sleep.

And Clay “Lay-out” lol