Blue Dragons

Olympic Trials Finalists 86kg

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

By the couple of pictures that went out it looked like he at least was giving 86 a good look.  PURELY speculating here but I wonder if he did a test cut (which I've talked about here, being surprised if he wouldn't before making a final decision) and felt like there was too much being sacrificed in terms of being able to perform at his best.  Interesting development none the less.

This. 

It won't be fashionable to spout this line while J'Den is talking about taking on Snyder and Sads and the like, but the cut and weigh in rules had to have played a part.

By the couple of pictures that went out it looked like he at least was giving 86 a good look.  PURELY speculating here but I wonder if he did a test cut (which I've talked about here, being surprised if he wouldn't before making a final decision) and felt like there was too much being sacrificed in terms of being able to perform at his best.  Interesting development none the less.
Listen to his interview he just put out on USA wrestling twitter for your answer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, pamela said:

I can't wait to see how Taylor looks on the mat at the Pan Am qualifier. He had better be good to go, given the dropoff at 86kg.

Keeping fingers crossed DT looks healthy again, but wouldn't be shocked either Ringer or Zahid could win an Olympic medal. 

59 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Listen to his interview he just put out on USA wrestling twitter for your answer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It didn't really.  He talked about preparing his body for 86 throughout the past year but didn't mention anything about a test weigh in.  But neither here nor there....he's going to 97 and it just made that final alot more exciting!

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Keeping fingers crossed DT looks healthy again, but wouldn't be shocked either Ringer or Zahid could win an Olympic medal. 

ringer at 86 is not special... too small...

i want to believe zahid has a chance...

7 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

PD3 will be the #2 seed and he will beat Taylor 2 of 3. 

while i appreciate your "fandom"... there is absolutely nothing to suggest that is going to happen...

11 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

I’d be surprised if Downey wins his quarters match, he’ll probably have someone like Martin. I know he beat him last time they wrestled but it took an all time melt down by Martin to do it. I’d be shocked if he even mad it to the final. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

What has PD3 done to deserve the #2 seed? He lost to Ringer, who lost to Zahid at the same tournament.

17 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

Not so certain he will be the 2 seed:

criteria 1: Ringer has head to head over him

criteria 2: Don't believe he has any common opponent criteria over Zahid.  He has a common over Ringer, but the head to head loss to Ringer supercedes

Criteria 3:  Both Zahid and Ringer out placed him at the ranking event

Criteria 4:  He doesn't have the results for the coaches to vote by majority for seeding him over Zahid and Ringer.

I'm not sure how he gets the 2 seed.  Unfortunately being on the team '19 does not factor in since the weight did not get qualified. It's looking like 4 at best.

This just got a whole lot clearer with Cox going 97.  

Finals will be Taylor and Zahid, assuming current presumed participants.  

3rd Place is between Martin and Ringer at this point, with Downey and Brooks battling for 5th/6th.  

Bo entering the weight could throw a giant monkey wrench in things.  A presumed 6 pound cut is nothing, and his recent results at 92kg and in Rome (except against Mohammadian, but that guys a freak) will show that he'll be quite capable at 86kg.  

Taylor still beats Bo, assuming full health and ability.  Until someone like Zahid/Bo beat someone like Yazdani, it's just not a conversation.

PD3 will beat Zahid, Ringer, and Martin.  He's too tough, too strong, and too nasty.  Oh, and he's finally in shape.  My crystal ball is crystal clear.  Seeds don't matter...just messing with ya all. :)

Edited by Blue Dragons

2 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

PD3 will beat Zahid, Ringer, and Martin.  He's too tough, too strong, and too nasty.  Oh, and he's finally in shape.  My crystal ball is crystal clear.  Seeds don't matter...just messing with ya all. :)

If he does not beat Zahid, Ringer, Martin, and Taylor (as you said he would earlier in this thread)....you never post on here again. If he does, I pay your airfare to Tokyo. Is it a deal?

Taylor should be a heavy favorite to make the best of 3. (And win it imo.)

Will be fun to see if the 2018 rep is on the other side and can make it back to best of 3 finals.  

Edited by 2td3nf

18 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

This. 

It won't be fashionable to spout this line while J'Den is talking about taking on Snyder and Sads and the like, but the cut and weigh in rules had to have played a part.

I'm as big of a J'den fan as there is, but I think this played the biggest part. I'm not doubting that he wants the challenge, but both weights are a huge challenge. It's all about where he can perform the best, and he openly talked about how tough cutting to 86 was with day before weigh ins and only one of them. A year ago, everyone thought he would never go 86 again but then we slowly convinced each other that it was going to happen. Regardless, I can't wait for OTTs.

Zahid/Ringer seems to be a toss-up at this point and the only consistency is that the loser gets beat up every time so who knows which one prevails at OTT? But here's my top-8 prediction before brackets and assuming Bo stays at 97 as he has consistently said and done thus far

Taylor

Zahid

Ringer

S. Brooks

Heflin

Pfarr

Martin

A. Brooks

14 hours ago, Lurker said:

If he does not beat Zahid, Ringer, Martin, and Taylor (as you said he would earlier in this thread)....you never post on here again. If he does, I pay your airfare to Tokyo. Is it a deal?

I’ll pay for half the flight if it’s a one way ticket.

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Zahid/Ringer seems to be a toss-up at this point and the only consistency is that the loser gets beat up every time so who knows which one prevails at OTT? But here's my top-8 prediction before brackets and assuming Bo stays at 97 as he has consistently said and done thus far

Taylor

Zahid

Ringer

S. Brooks

Heflin

Pfarr

Martin

A. Brooks

That' a good list. The right wrestlers in the right order down to the 8th spot. Like it a lot.