Blue Dragons

Olympic Trials Finalists 86kg

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Again. I was just quoting you. The wording stays as is. There’s no guarantees in bets. If you don’t want to make a bet on your own predictions, just simply say no. 

You really can't be this stupid. You want me to bet you that he'll beat all four when there's not guarantee that he'll wrestle all four.  Man, are you thick?

2 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You really can't be this stupid. You want me to bet you that he'll beat all four when there's not guarantee that he'll wrestle all four.  Man, are you thick?

You could just deny the bet, as he stated.  Simple simple.

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What are your projected seeds for 86 keggers?

1/2 Taylor/Valencia.  This is assuming Taylor wins the qualifier. From there I have no idea how they will seed it, as one doesn’t really have criteria over the other. It’ll probably come down to the coaches vote, which I would think goes to Taylor. 

3 Ringer, Ringer/MyMar/Downey have round robin wins over each other. Ringer has the highest UWW calendar event placing of the three. 

4 Downey. He beat MyMar. It’s the criteria. 

5 MyMar 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

His body of work doesn’t not supersede Valencia and Ringer. They entered the same UWW tournament just a month ago. Ringer beat him, Valencia won it (by beating Ringer), and obviously both placed higher. Even if Taylor doesn’t win Pan Ams, PD has ZERO criteria to be the one seed. 

I said 'trump', not supercede.  And one tournament/one 1 point loss does not trump an entire 12 months body of work.  You guys can hate on Downey all you want.  None of you have ever met him and you're all a bunch of clowns. Downey over Taylor in three.

3 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

I said 'trump', not supercede.  And one tournament/one 1 point loss does not trump an entire 12 months body of work.  You guys can hate on Downey all you want.  None of you have ever met him and you're all a bunch of clowns. Downey over Taylor in three.

I’m not sure where you are getting the hate, from me at least. I’m strictly talking about the slated criteria. Maybe you haven’t seen it and that’s why you’re so confused?

Edited by Lurker

6 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

As far as what I do or don’t want you to do, it honestly makes no difference to me. Again I’m just proposing a bet based on your stated predictions. Nowhere in your prediction was there an “if”. 

So I guess that’s a no for ya?

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

1/2 Taylor/Valencia.  This is assuming Taylor wins the qualifier. From there I have no idea how they will seed it, as one doesn’t really have criteria over the other. It’ll probably come down to the coaches vote, which I would think goes to Taylor. 

3 Ringer, Ringer/MyMar/Downey have round robin wins over each other. Ringer has the highest UWW calendar event placing of the three. 

4 Downey. He beat MyMar. It’s the criteria. 

5 MyMar 

last several months...Dave Schultz Champ, U.S. Open Champ, WTT Champ, (forget Final X), Pan Ams Bronze, 9th at Worlds, 3rd at Matteo Petticone, World Team member....but just forget all of that because of a one point loss to Dieringer.  OK.  :)

1 minute ago, Blue Dragons said:

last several months...Dave Schultz Champ, U.S. Open Champ, WTT Champ, (forget Final X), Pan Ams Bronze, 9th at Worlds, 3rd at Matteo Petticone, World Team member....but just forget all of that because of a one point loss to Dieringer.  OK.  :)

You obviously haven’t seen the criteria, or care more about your agenda than acknowledging it. Either way, sorry, but you’re wrong. Opinions only matter if it goes down to the coaches vote. 

But none the less...

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

As far as what I do or don’t want you to do, it honestly makes no difference to me. Again I’m just proposing a bet based on your stated predictions. Nowhere in your prediction was there an “if”. 

So I guess that’s a no for ya?

The 'if' is implied because he can't beat someone if he doesn't meet them.  Is this really that hard for you to comprehend? Fix the wording, along with roundtrip.  Are you scared?

3 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You need to read the criteria again, Mr. Downey.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragons said:

The 'if' is implied because he can't beat someone if he doesn't meet them.  Is this really that hard for you to comprehend? Fix the wording, along with roundtrip.  Are you scared?

Yeah. Terrified. 

Just to help you out a little....You wrote a prediction here on this thread. I proposed a bet strictly on that prediction, nothing more, nothing less. You came back wanting me to change the wording of.....your prediction....AND wanted me to change the stakes. 

And then asked me if I was scared. Surely even you see the humor and entertainment value in that take??

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yeah. Terrified. 

Just to help you out a little....You wrote a prediction here on this thread. I proposed a bet strictly on that prediction, nothing more, nothing less. You came back wanting me to change the wording of.....your prediction....AND wanted me to change the stakes. 

And then asked me if I was scared. Surely even you see the humor and entertainment value in that take??

Although I think blue dragon is a total clown. He does have a point, their is no guarantee of seeds so who knows his path. Take the bet of Downey being the rep because to be honest he’s not that good. I doubt he’s top 5. 

PD2 still owes me $200 from when I gave 5-1 on his boy winning a title for Iowa. He wasn’t eligible I won by default.

This bet is silly because once PD3 goes 0 for, he’ll be back in Big Bad Baltimore living with the rents talking about how it’s not his fault he’s a clown and PD2 will have no reason to come back to the forums.

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Although I think blue dragon is a total clown. He does have a point, their is no guarantee of seeds so who knows his path. Take the bet of Downey being the rep because to be honest he’s not that good. I doubt he’s top 5Just sticking him to his exact predictions because yea, that’s a helluva good bet for me. 

I know, but he said it so just sticking him to his predictions. 

Edited by Lurker

4 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Alright since you’re not wanting to stand up to your predictions I’ll make it easier. Instead of the names you listed, how about if he beats three top 5 seeds. Going by criteria it looks like he’ll be seeded 4, which means he’d face (most likely) 5, 1, and 2/3. In the finals he needs to win the series. Deal?

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Alright since you’re not wanting to stand up to your predictions I’ll make it easier. Instead of the names you listed, how about if he beats three top 5 seeds. Going by criteria it looks like he’ll be seeded 4, which means he’d face (most likely) 5, 1, and 2/3. In the finals he needs to win the series. Deal?

You still don't get it.  If he meets ANY of the ones I mentioned and beats them I win. Sorry, but I can't guarantee that he'll meet all of them. Also, when he sees Taylor in the finals, he's allowed to lose one but has to win two.  Roundtrip. Deal? 

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

You obviously haven’t seen the criteria, or care more about your agenda than acknowledging it. Either way, sorry, but you’re wrong. Opinions only matter if it goes down to the coaches vote. 

But none the less...

So, according to you, if Taylor doesn't qualify the weight and doesn't get the #1 seed, I guess he would be seeded last because he has no recent criteria.  Am i now understanding the criteria?

Well I think it’s David Taylor vs Zahid Valencia or Myles Martin. I guess it will come down to how the brackets are seeded. I know that this weight is loaded like they all are. Now it could very well be that we see Dieringer in there against Taylor. And our last year’s rep PD3, has a punchers chance with his throws.