Jump to content
Blue Dragons

Olympic Trials Finalists 86kg

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

He doesn't think anything. Right now he's the second best option in rhe country behind a world champion. There's no shame in that. Everybody needs to give the guy a break as far as his wrestling goes. He was one match from qualifying the weight. That's a hell of a lot better than 95% of our wrestlers would do. Whether you like him or not from his past actions has no bearing on his wrestling so maybe, just maybe, we just show him a little support and get out of his ass.

Pretty sure Bo Nickal is our 2nd best option, he just may compete up at 97 kg, for whatever reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

He doesn't think anything. Right now he's the second best option in rhe country behind a world champion. There's no shame in that. Everybody needs to give the guy a break as far as his wrestling goes. He was one match from qualifying the weight. That's a hell of a lot better than 95% of our wrestlers would do. Whether you like him or not from his past actions has no bearing on his wrestling so maybe, just maybe, we just show him a little support and get out of his ass.

I think most of that “hate” right now is geared at his father for his way about going about his business around here. 
 

As for us kidding ourselves if we want to think his motivation is to go up to take on Snyder and Sad....so you’re saying Cox is full of ****?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think most of that “hate” right now is geared at his father for his way about going about his business around here. 
 

As for us kidding ourselves if we want to think his motivation is to go up to take on Snyder and Sad....so you’re saying Cox is full of ****?

I can see what your saying about Downey's dad. As for Cox, I was in the airport bar posting. On looking at it in the cold grey light of the next morning, I may be wrong. I may have to revise my opinion. I'll get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I can see what your saying about Downey's dad. As for Cox, I was in the airport bar posting. On looking at it in the cold grey light of the next morning, I may be wrong. I may have to revise my opinion. I'll get back to you.

I certainly think the weight cut played a factor, of course it did.  But I also believe in what he said.  He's beaten Taylor, he's beaten Dake, two other world champions.   From the perspective the biggest challenge is going up to (in his mind) take out Snyder and then Sad.  That's an amazing challenge with amazing internal rewards (as well as external).  The guys that get to this level do so by challenging themselves beyond what most can imagine.  Obviously don't know what is going on in his head, but I can certainly see it something like "I can do this horrendous weight cut and challenge a guy I've already beaten, or I can go up and potentially pull off one of the most amazing Olympic runs in American history".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretty sure Bo Nickal is our 2nd best option, he just may compete up at 97 kg, for whatever reason.
Bo Nickal is afraid to wrestle 86 and he's afraid to wrestle Snyder via his weak forfeit a few weeks ago.

He's the most overrated freestyler we have. Wtf has he done in freestyle, except duck and run?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Bo Nickal is afraid to wrestle 86 and he's afraid to wrestle Snyder via his weak forfeit a few weeks ago.

He's the most overrated freestyler we have. Wtf has he done in freestyle, except duck and run?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

He forfeited one match to his teammate (I know I know, the very first time we have ever seen that happen) and won U-23 gold in dominating fashion. And your comment is what has he done in freestyle but duck and run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Bo Nickal is afraid to wrestle 86 and he's afraid to wrestle Snyder via his weak forfeit a few weeks ago.

He's the most overrated freestyler we have. Wtf has he done in freestyle, except duck and run?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

You do realize he is a world champion freestyler right?

He's also number 2 on the world team at 92 KG, behind 2 time world champion J'Den Cox.

He is not bad, and he's definitely not overrated.  

Unless he decides to skip trials all together, he will either be a finalist (potential winner) at 86 KG or finish in the top 3 at 97 KG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I certainly think the weight cut played a factor, of course it did.  But I also believe in what he said.  He's beaten Taylor, he's beaten Dake, two other world champions.   From the perspective the biggest challenge is going up to (in his mind) take out Snyder and then Sad.  That's an amazing challenge with amazing internal rewards (as well as external).  The guys that get to this level do so by challenging themselves beyond what most can imagine.  Obviously don't know what is going on in his head, but I can certainly see it something like "I can do this horrendous weight cut and challenge a guy I've already beaten, or I can go up and potentially pull off one of the most amazing Olympic runs in American history".

You're right and I was just being a douche about him going up which surprises me because I like J'den. I was just basing it a lot on the fact that he looked very skinny so I was assuming that he was messing around cutting weight and realized how difficult it was going to be and just decided to go 97. But if he made it a few years ago there's no reason to think he couldn't do it again. I'm certainly looking forward to the trials.

Edited by ConnorsDad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

You're right and I was just being a douche about him going up which surprises me because I like J'den. I was just basing it a lot on the fact that he looked very skinny so I was assuming that he was messing around cutting weight and realized how difficult it was going to be and just decided to go 97. But if he made it a few years ago there's no reason to think he couldn't do it again. I'm certainly looking forward to the trials.

Ditto!

(To the trials part, not to you being a douce!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I can see what your saying about Downey's dad. As for Cox, I was in the airport bar posting. On looking at it in the cold grey light of the next morning, I may be wrong. I may have to revise my opinion. I'll get back to you.

What has Downey's dad done on this thread other than confront the buttholes that want to bash his kid.  The guy is Baltimore and loves his kid.  These haters think it's ok to badmouth his kid but he gives it back to them, he's the bad guy.  They're typical snowflakes...dish it out but can't take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 8:45 PM, nhs67 said:

Only you and his father, @Blue Dragons.

Because you know that if they're on the same side Downey doesn't stand a fart's chance in a $HlT storm of making the finals.

On the contrary, if Downey is on the same side of the bracket he's the ONLY one that stands a fart's chance of making the finals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

What has Downey's dad done on this thread other than confront the buttholes that want to bash his kid.  The guy is Baltimore and loves his kid.  These haters think it's ok to badmouth his kid but he gives it back to them, he's the bad guy.  They're typical snowflakes...dish it out but can't take it. 

Most of the people aren’t bashing your kid, we are just not predicting him to win it. You take offense to it and act like a teenager on social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 7:36 AM, Mokoma said:

Pretty sure Bo Nickal is our 2nd best option, he just may compete up at 97 kg, for whatever reason.

Yeah, because he has a better shot at 97.  Just like Cox wants the greater challenge at 97.  You people are brain dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Most of the people aren’t bashing your kid, we are just not predicting him to win it. You take offense to it and act like a teenager on social media. 

First of all, he's not my kid. Secondly, PD2 wasn't giving it back to most of the people, just those that were bashing his kid. Thirdly, you can predict whomever you want and so can I..end of story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 6:20 PM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

You see what USA wrestling thinks of Downey, he’s the current world teamer not wrestling at the Olympic qualifier. I just hope he gets put in the top half so I can watch Taylor tech him 

Yeah, the 2019 WT member had his shot and he came up one match short, so they're going with the 2018 WT member who also just happens to be a world champion. Downey has told me he's fine with it. He had his chance and he's rooting for Taylor. You're problem with Downey is so obviously personal that it's laughable. What, did he kick your ***, steal your girl? Curious minds want to know.

Edited by Blue Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Yeah, the 2019 WT member had his shot and he came up one match short, so they're going with the 2018 WT member who also just happens to be a world champion. Downey has told me he's fine with it. He had his chance and he's rooting for Taylor. You're problem with Downey is so obviously personal that it's laughable. What, did he kick your ***, steal your girl? Curious minds want to know.

One match short? Omfg. Mr Downey. You're drunk. Uber home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

First of all, he's not my kid. Secondly, PD2 wasn't giving it back to most of the people, just those that were bashing his kid. Thirdly, you can predict whomever you want and so can I..end of story.

I mean actually anyone can predict who they want, but end of story is when our team is set. Looking forward to the next chapter in this book. And the finale, whether your son is a part of it or not. 

Edited by Lurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

First of all, he's not my kid. Secondly, PD2 wasn't giving it back to most of the people, just those that were bashing his kid. Thirdly, you can predict whomever you want and so can I..end of story.

You are what you post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Yeah, because he has a better shot at 97.  Just like Cox wants the greater challenge at 97.  You people are brain dead.

Let me guess, Cox wasn’t really looking for the greater challenge, he was running from a guy he’s already beaten (before he went to OTC full time) and...your son!  Can I have some of what you’re smoking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...