Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Interesting Article on Iowa Wrestling and Desanto's Injury

Honestly that article doesn’t tell us anything we haven’t read on these threads here, minus the bickering back and forth from all the would be doctors on both sides telling each other what the extent of the injury is. Only difference is this article is a one way street. 

At least AD was at the Michigan meet, and not on crutches (at least not matside).

Hopefully, he strained something, and is only being held out because they don't need him, and will be back for B10s.

I'm not an Iowa fan, but 133 is so much more exciting with him in the mix.

If AD's knee is seriously injured, he will be wearing the Iowa brace.

If his knee wasn't seriously injured, he will be wearing the Iowa brace.

And...we will never know the extent of the injury unless he is showing pain at conferences.

It's kind of funny how the article plays out the slimmest scenarios, like if ADS is out for the rest of the season. Haha. There's probably a less than 1% chance that he'll sit out the postseason. But then again, I defer to the title of the column.

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

If AD's knee is seriously injured, he will be wearing the Iowa brace.

If his knee wasn't seriously injured, he will be wearing the Iowa brace.

And...we will never know the extent of the injury unless he is showing pain at conferences.

I look forward to this becoming a convo similar to when Cory Clark was injured and people said he couldn't have been that hurt because he looked pretty good against Kaid Brock. It could also become a discussion where people speak about it like McD's senior year, and he wasn't as hurt as Iowa fans suggested, and it was actually the weight cut, poor wrestling, or Brand's fault. It could also become a discussion like when Spencer Lee was in no way sick, but all the wrestlers were catching up to him and also somehow Brand's fault. This should be an exciting the next few months to see how this evolves. 

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I look forward to this becoming a convo similar to when Cory Clark was injured and people said he couldn't have been that hurt because he looked pretty good against Kaid Brock. It could also become a discussion where people speak about it like McD's senior year, and he wasn't as hurt as Iowa fans suggested, and it was actually the weight cut, poor wrestling, or Brand's fault. It could also become a discussion like when Spencer Lee was in no way sick, but all the wrestlers were catching up to him and also somehow Brand's fault. This should be an exciting the next few months to see how this evolves. 

I hope Brands has a little fun with the fans and media, bottoms-out everyone's expectations, then we see Iowa put up 171 points at nationals, haha.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

What about a big neck brace to prevent the near side cradle.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pics?

Hey, let's also start this fun rumor. Big Tony Cass will also be sportin' that Iowa leg brace soon. He will "strategically rest up" vs Minnesota then show up at BIGs with the Iowa leg brace. They must have the one left over from Sam Stoll. I'm sure that would fit nicely. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Pics?

Hey, let's also start this fun rumor. Big Tony Cass will also be sportin' that Iowa leg brace soon. He will "strategically rest up" vs Minnesota then show up at BIGs with the Iowa leg brace. They must have the one left over from Sam Stoll. I'm sure that would fit nicely. 

Maybe we give JC a chance to get his money back betting the over/under on Iowa big braces at b10s, say 6.5?  ;)

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Pics?

Dude, your hatred for Iowa is just off the charts.  Who cares if the Iowa guys come out in a brace?  Clearly if the Iowa wrestlers feel they need it for protection of their health they are going to wear it.  It does not give the Iowa guys an advantage as many of them have lost with one on.  So why do you feel the need to go after the heath of the Iowa wrestlers?  Lee tore his ACL…Marinelli was also hurt…Sam Stoll shot his own damn leg off…they were injured!!

Doesn’t Rasheed wear a wrapping over his leg? Didn’t a Penn State wrestler come out in a shoulder brace this past weekend. ( I can’t remember but I’m pretty sure I saw a brace on one of them)  Why the need to knock every single little thing the Iowa guys do?

41 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

Dude, your hatred for Iowa is just off the charts.  Who cares if the Iowa guys come out in a brace?  Clearly if the Iowa wrestlers feel they need it for protection of their health they are going to wear it.  It does not give the Iowa guys an advantage as many of them have lost with one on.  So why do you feel the need to go after the heath of the Iowa wrestlers?  Lee tore his ACL…Marinelli was also hurt…Sam Stoll shot his own damn leg off…they were injured!!

Doesn’t Rasheed wear a wrapping over his leg? Didn’t a Penn State wrestler come out in a shoulder brace this past weekend. ( I can’t remember but I’m pretty sure I saw a brace on one of them)  Why the need to knock every single little thing the Iowa guys do?

I can see you didn't take my favorite college course, "Sense of Humor 101". 

46 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

Lee tore his ACL…Marinelli was also hurt…Sam Stoll shot his own damn leg off…they were injured!!

If this is true maybe Tommie B is holding out on us and they did amputate  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯