WillieBoy

Utah Valley, coaching change?

Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah is 1-10 so far this season.

A few good guys but overall pretty low performance.

Is it time to re-evaluate the coaching staff? Take a closer look at what is happening in the room? Push a bigger recruiting budget?

The area is nice. Outdoor activities, mountains, hunting and a lot to offer.

Any answers to why they are doing so poorly this year?

Romero’s been hurt all year, Findlay is out for the year, Lamont has been up and down but he just stuck bridges of Wyoming, and I think there ranked heavyweight has missed a lot of duels. I think there just having a tough year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WillieBoy said:

Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah is 1-10 so far this season.

A few good guys but overall pretty low performance.

Is it time to re-evaluate the coaching staff? Take a closer look at what is happening in the room? Push a bigger recruiting budget?

The area is nice. Outdoor activities, mountains, hunting and a lot to offer.

Any answers to why they are doing so poorly this year?

School president attends every home match matside.You see her jumping up and down yelling and waving pom-poms.So administration is very involved in the program.

Edited by calot

They seem to get crushed by injuries these last couple seasons, they had a great start to last season even beat Rutgers but not the same team by February.

this year is similar no Findlay, Romero, Bastian missed some time, the Orndorffs been in and out the line up, Lamont came out of redshirt late.

in my opinion this seasons results are more of a perfect storm of injuries and they are still going in the right direction moving forward 

I see the injuries and know they take a big toll. WHY so many injured and being held out?

Is it training methods? Pushing too hard or not enough? Maybe changing the weight program and some room routines could help prevent some injuries?

I know in football NDSU credits a lot of their success to the weight/strength training coaches and a lack of major injuries as a (perceived) result. Do you think working more weight/wrestling specific training would make a difference for them?

It is a nice school with good kids and Williams is a good coach - but they are not performing.

What solution to get the program moving forward?

I mentioned this same thing in a thread a month or more back. UVU seems to hit a lot of bad luck for some reason. They have been my pick to be the sleeper almost every year, then about 3-4 bad things happen. They have had some very good recruiting classes. I am not sure what the deal is but you ask some valid questions. 

Just now, JasonBryant said:

This was actually a pretty good team on paper coming into the year, but man, I've not see a team decimated by injuries this much in a while. Lehigh that one year they started 0-7 ... was that last year? 

yup

16 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

I see the injuries and know they take a big toll. WHY so many injured and being held out?

Is it training methods? Pushing too hard or not enough? Maybe changing the weight program and some room routines could help prevent some injuries?

I know in football NDSU credits a lot of their success to the weight/strength training coaches and a lack of major injuries as a (perceived) result. Do you think working more weight/wrestling specific training would make a difference for them?

It is a nice school with good kids and Williams is a good coach - but they are not performing.

What solution to get the program moving forward?

I've been lurking on here for years but found something I have some experience on. Jim Kramer runs the NDSU strength and conditioning program and was in that position when I wrestled there. He has his finger prints on all of the sports but the strength programs are all very sport specific. We had very few injuries during my time there and the training methods question always pops in my head when talking an injury riddled team/season/athelete.