sidakova4991

J'den Cox Announces Move up to 97kg

26 minutes ago, pamela said:

It's a better narrative for the sport, but the whole thing about weighing in under at last year's trials is verifiable. I was actually surprised earlier that you didn't take immediate exception to Cox's statement because he was lowkey throwing some shade at DT. He basically said he's conquered 86 (and 92) and that the real challenge is up at 97.

I don’t think anyone could say he conquered 86. He never won gold 

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I don’t think anyone could say he conquered 86. He never won gold 

I'm not saying I agree with him but Cox did win an Olympic Bronze and could have been a finalist if it wasn't for a dumb mental lapse regarding criteria, and he came back and medaled at Worlds the following year after Taylor called him a quitter or something like that on social media. He probably felt like he took care of business.

43 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Given how much he was able to pour out against Taylor while dehydrated at 86, they will need add some drainage to the mats when he's at 97.

Cael contacted the PSU Grad who is the head greenskeeper at Augusta National Golf Club to get some ideas as to how their sub air system could be tweaked for a wrestling venue. Suffice it to say, the mat will be dry this year. 

22 minutes ago, pamela said:

I'm not saying I agree with him but Cox did win an Olympic Bronze and could have been a finalist if it wasn't for a dumb mental lapse regarding criteria, and he came back and medaled at Worlds the following year after Taylor called him a quitter or something like that on social media. He probably felt like he took care of business.

I don’t remember exactly what he said, but it was something about him having a cakewalk to the finals and him choking. It was kinda rude but it was also kinda true. In my mind they are 1 and 1 against each other, that third match was a total debacle. I was hoping Cox went down so they could’ve settle the score. 

I think this is a better decision for J'den, but I think he will lose to Kyle.  If I'm wrong, J'den may shock the world.  If I'm right, and Snyder improves as he desires, he may shock the world.  OTT's will be pretty good I think, or maybe  97 finals will be. 

mspart

I don’t remember exactly what he said, but it was something about him having a cakewalk to the finals and him choking. It was kinda rude but it was also kinda true. In my mind they are 1 and 1 against each other, that third match was a total debacle. I was hoping Cox went down so they could’ve settle the score. 
He posted that it "made him sick" when J'den lost. While most everyone thinks J'den should have and could have beaten that guy, Taylor had no place to make a comment like that while he was at home on his couch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Anyone think Snyder has known this for some time?  His brother is still at Ohio State and with Cox at the Ohio RTC there had to be some indication before this/

Doubtful, Askren even said he has begged J'Den for the answer and he was tight lipped.  So I doubt he would let Kevin know and not let his good friend Askren. 

52 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Exact tweet from DT on 8/25/17:

”Cox had the Golden goose served on the golden platter to be WC with that draw. He is too talented to have no fight down 6-1. Makes me sick.”

Edited by MDogg

7 minutes ago, MDogg said:

”Cox had the Golden goose served on the golden platter to be WC with that draw. He is too talented to have no fight down 6-1. Makes me sick.”

Interesting thing about that is that it notably fired up Cox in real time. And I think he’s lost maybe once since?? (2018 Dogu?)

Edited by Lurker

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Interesting thing about that is that it notably fired up Cox in real time. And I think he’s lost maybe once since?? (2018 Dogu?)

He also moved up to the very much less competitive non Olympic weight of 92 kg. While Taylor ran the gauntlet and won gold the next year at the weight Cox couldn’t get it done. 

10 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Yes thank you, like I said it was rude of him to say but no one can deny Cox had a cakewalk draw compared to Taylor’s the next year. 

9 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He also moved up to the very much less competitive non Olympic weight of 92 kg. While Taylor ran the gauntlet and won gold the next year at the weight Cox couldn’t get it done. 

I wasn’t trying to throw shade or pit one against the other (I truly don’t understand why that kind of stuff is initial reaction of the majority. Do we feel better about ourselves?)  I was just trying to say that......it was interesting that comment lit a noticeable Fire in cox immediately, and he’s only lost once since. 

2 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

J'den just knows theres no way he was beating Taylor with the extra weight cut. He was lucky enough the refs handed it to him the first time with his fake injury BS. 

If hes not going to make the team he may as well not cut weight. Snyder will beat Cox 2 matches to 0 guaranteed. 

snyder won't get one takedown...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

it was a dik thing to say... DT was still salty after him totally blowing that last match and acting like a spoiled child in the aftermath...

my guess is DT gets he was being a punk and has bettered himself since... 

Agree it wasn’t a right thing to say, and I’m guessing the same as far as then to now. We are all guilty of more than once spouting out and then later thinking...yeah maybe I should have kept my mouth shut on that one. Fortunately for some of us, social media wasn’t around those days. 

2 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

If J'den fakes another injury but this time decides not to finish the match, i agree. 

fakes another injury?

he continued in that match... DT blew by bum rushing him like an 8 year old instead of actually wrestling him and getting the one takedown he needed to make the team... he then threw a temper tantrum on the mat and his a chair got tossed by his always classy coach...

that was 100% on DT...

Just now, LJB said:

fakes another injury?

he continued in that match... DT blew by bum rushing him like an 8 year old instead of actually wrestling him and getting the one takedown he needed to make the team... he then threw a temper tantrum on the mat and his a chair got tossed by his always classy coach...

that was 100% on DT...

He faked the injury for a breather, was handed a takedown and additional step out point he didn't earn. Then he flopped onto the mat one second after the match in the biggest drama queen move in US wrestling history.  DT was the better wrestler then and hes the better wrestler now. Cox knows this and thats why hes going up to lose to Snyder and pretend that he did it to "challenge himself". 

Sorry these facts upset the 5-6 J'den fangirl accounts on this sub that obsessively white knight him on here. But zero chance he beats Snyder. ZERO. Cry about it.