sidakova4991

J'den Cox Announces Move up to 97kg

Just now, Crotalus said:

I've watched it many times, yet J'den's hand has been raised every time. What should I look for this time? A temper tantrum and a flying chair? Or something earlier around the time Taylor tried to break J'den's knee?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes 

First thought is about the presentation of this on the front page of the site: Asinine way to present it. "watch the video" - when some have limited bandwidth and speed which means many videos won't play as they time out before enough is loaded.

Second, I hope he does well. Getting past Kyle Snyder will be a feat all by itself. He's fast and tough but Snyder is a mountain to get past. Should be interesting matches if the two do meet for real.

Not having to cut weight means he should be at full strength and have his speed going without the penalty of sucking down over the week before weight ins and no problem with them. That may help a lot.

Edited by WillieBoy

2 hours ago, LJB said:

he continued in that match... DT blew by bum rushing him like an 8 year old instead of actually wrestling him and getting the one takedown he needed to make the team... he then threw a temper tantrum on the mat and his a chair got tossed by his always classy coach...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

olympic bronze is being dominated?

that's all you need to see folks...

Boris Makojev completely dominated and exposed J'den... In the same sense that David Taylor "wrestled like an 8 yr old"...

No matter how much you cry, J'den was so sure that he had no chance to beat Taylor again he was willing to go up to 97kg and sacrifice himself to Olympic Champion Kyle Snyder. 

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They split the first 2 matches and a third even if you say was completely fair was a razor close win for Cox. So in what world would Cox be gifting his spot at 86. Keep in mind DT did what Cox could not. 

You mean physically get bigger and grow into a weight class and then win a world title? Wait they both did. The only difference was David did it only once Cox was able to move into his best weight class. I'm a David Taylor fan but there's no way you can spin anything that happened in the past as being David was better than J'den. There's no ****ing way unless you, not you personally, are an idiot. As for this year at 86kg, we will never know. The simple fact that obviously 92 kilos is Jden's best weight makes it moot.

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

You mean physically get bigger and grow into a weight class and then win a world title? Wait they both did. The only difference was David did it only once Cox was able to move into his best weight class. I'm a David Taylor fan but there's no way you can spin anything that happened in the past as being David was better than J'den. There's no ****ing way unless you, not you personally, are an idiot. As for this year at 86kg, we will never know. The simple fact that obviously 92 kilos is Jden's best weight makes it moot.

In your opinion is 92 kg as tough of a weight class as 86 kg?

2 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

I feel sorry for people with 2500+ posts on an obscure internet forum most of which consist of doing PR work for one particular wrestler. 

Check your history and LJB there are hundreds and hundreds of posts sucking J'den off and excusing his faking injuries. Check my post history and you will see Im not even a DT fan. I just have eyes and Im willing to tell the truth to the 4-5 J'den obsessed posters on here wiling to call him out on his BS or even admit that he has no chance to make the WT. 

*licks window*

Shocked Nickal does not go down. Only one or two cracks at being Olympian. I think team wise better as well if he lost Taylor and Taylor got hurt. I would feel comfortable with Bo. Plus he may win. As far as to late make cut. 8 weeks get down not optimum. But definitely can do it. I have sucked down in one week 15-llbs and was smaller weight. Not real smart though.

If not Zahid. 

56 minutes ago, LJB said:

olympic bronze is getting exposed now...

(insert whatever pointing and laughing emoji you prefer)

soooooo salty...

I swear to you when I read that I literally spit Coke all over the inside of my car. That's the funniest ****ing thing I may have ever read. What makes it even better is there actually might be a human out there who thinks that's true.

1 hour ago, ConnorsDad said:

I'm a huge Taylor fan but and we will never know who was going to win it this year. The one thing, unfortunately for us DT fans, that we know about the year in question is that J'den Cox was better than David Taylor. How do we know that? He beat him.

Oh really? Thats funny b/c I'm J'den Cox's #1 fan. But even I have to admit that he faked an injury and was handed some points by the ref that clearly shouldn't have been awarded. 

Your position or "No ref has ever made a poor call that cost the better wrestler the match" is one I disagree with. 

3 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

Oh really? Thats funny b/c I'm J'den Cox's #1 fan. But even I have to admit that he faked an injury and was handed some points by the ref that clearly shouldn't have been awarded. 

Your position or "No ref has ever made a poor call that cost the better wrestler the match" is one I disagree with. 

*licks window*

8 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

In your opinion is 92 kg as tough of a weight class as 86 kg?

And 86 kilos is not as tough or was not as tough as 74 kilos at the time David moved up. And when they created those new classes, I'm pretty sure David could have wrestled at 79 kilos if he had wanted to. But he would have been behind Kyle Dake.

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

And 86 kilos is not as tough or was not as tough as 74 kilos at the time David moved up. And when they created those new classes, I'm pretty sure David could have wrestled at 79 kilos if he had wanted to. But he would have been behind Kyle Dake.

if DT wasn't such a sissy he would have been a man and cut to 65 and given us our first world medal since old blue was a pup...

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

That has no bearing on this discussion whatsoever, my point was DT won gold at 86 Cox didn’t. 86 is a tougher weight class than 92.

13 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

I feel sorry for people with 2500+ posts on an obscure internet forum most of which consist of doing PR work for one particular wrestler. 

Check your history and LJB there are hundreds and hundreds of posts sucking J'den off and excusing his faking injuries. Check my post history and you will see Im not even a DT fan. I just have eyes and Im willing to tell the truth to the 4-5 J'den obsessed posters on here wiling to call him out on his BS or even admit that he has no chance to make the WT. 

Thanks but I don’t need to check my history. But your are a treat to read. 

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

That has no bearing on this discussion whatsoever, my point was DT won gold at 86 Cox didn’t. 86 is a tougher weight class than 92.

No, you said he did something J'den never did. I just pointed out that there's more than one way to look at it. After not being able to beat anybody and get on the team David moved up to 86 & won a world gold. After beating David and winning a world bronze medal J'den moved up to 92 kilos and won a world gold. What I didn't do was pick and choose the parts that I like or that I think further my argument. I listed all of them.

I'm a David Taylor fan but there's no way you can spin anything that happened in the past as being David was better than J'den.

Oh come on. You've been on this forum far too long to not know the kind of spin that can be put on David Taylor.

But I'm with you and hope he brings home gold. I'd love for his actual credentials to keep getting closer to his fantasy results.

Does anybody honestly think (other than 1 jock sniffer) that if the weight cut was a complete non issue, that Cox would not have gone to 86kg? At 97 you have Kyle, Bo, Zilmer, Gadsden and MM. At 86 kg you have DT off knee surgery, PD, Ringer and Zahid. 

1 minute ago, Crotalus said:

Oh come on. You've been on this forum far too long to not know the kind of spin that can be put on David Taylor.

But I'm with you and hope he brings home gold. I'd love for his actual credentials to keep getting closer to his fantasy results.

You are correct. On this forum you can probably find some people that believe. Hitler won the war and lived till he was 80.

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Does anybody honestly think (other than 1 jock sniffer) that if the weight cut was a complete non issue, that Cox would not have gone to 86kg? At 97 you have Kyle, Bo, Zilmer, Gadsden and MM. At 86 kg you have DT off knee surgery, PD, Ringer and Zahid. 

Please tell me your joking... the majority of this forum had Cox dropping to 86. You were probably in that camp, I said from the jump that Cox was going up because he couldn’t compete at 86 under the new rules.