Sign in to follow this  
Kentucky_Mudflap

Iowa Penn State Nationals Brakedown its a Horse Race Gents

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

Was it tho? Iowa didn't become favorites until after the season started. Next year was supposed to be "the year".

Because people thought Lee was taking a Oly redshirt.  No way that was going to happen.

58 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Had Teske panned out at 125 (a NQ at worst, and probable R12 guy), Berge been healthy, and Shaq performed as expected, PSU would obviously be much closer this year.

Assuming Kemerer gets a medical, Iowa simply adds Eierman next year, while PSU loses Hall, Cenzo and Shaq, while adding Starocci, Beard and maybe Howard.  And few recognized Starocci's talent pre-Scuffle.

Makes sense that most were forecasting next year as Iowa's best opportunity to win it all, but things have changed.

Imagine Kemerer bulking to 184 and Nelson Brands at 174, redshirt Assad.

10 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Mudflap is selling Murin, Lugo, Young and Warner short.  I don't think any are finalists but I think they are all top 5.

Kimmer is looking like a finalist.  He may never beat Hall again but he is there and he is not your typical former Hawkeye from the last 9 years.  He was beating Palacio as a freshman and got funked to his back, he should've been a finalist.  As a sophomore, he was dinged everywhere and took 4th.  He is looking great at 174 and is healthy.

He is a finalist.

Funked? He got pinned with a Peterson lol literally a move 1st year wrestlers are taught ( to be fair Palacio hits it better then anyone I’ve seen) but still it was some crazy funk.

he barley beat labriola and was tied with lydy until the 3rd period, he hasn’t wrestled in a tournament of any kind in 2 years and it’s just assumed he’s going to walk past kutler and joe smith when he’s struggled at home in carver with guys that aren’t on that level .

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Funked? He got pinned with a Peterson lol literally a move 1st year wrestlers are taught ( to be fair Palacio hits it better then anyone I’ve seen) but still it was some crazy funk.

he barley beat labriola and was tied with lydy until the 3rd period, he hasn’t wrestled in a tournament of any kind in 2 years and it’s just assumed he’s going to walk past kutler and joe smith when he’s struggled at home in carver with guys that aren’t on that level .

OK....pretty passionate about Kemdog not making the finals.  We will see but the kid is a stud who knows what the finals are like.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Rby could win as well

Lugo could be 3rd and he can just as easily lose to someone like Degan and take 7th

MK beat labriola on a last second takedown, and has 1 point or OT matches every time he’s wrestled Kutler and Joe Smith, your guaranteeing atleast 2nd for a guy whose never made it past the quarters and hasn’t wrestled a single big match outside Carver in 2 years.

assad just lost 3 straight matches and was sat for wilcke, he’s also lost to a NAIA kid this year...Brooks is another level 

warner finished 7th last year as the 5 seed, he lost to the 21 seed Lane and the 16 Hokit and he definitely looked better last season 

still agree Iowa’s the favorite but I think your selling Penn State short

Not selling Penn State short I'm looking at it and responding to Mudflaps points. He says these are best case. Lets look at your points, his and mine and see if we can be OBJECTIVE.  My contention, doesn't make him a bad guy, and others is that Mudflaps totals are very friendly to PSU and not so to Iowa. 

RBY could win as well - Mudflap had RBY 3rd and AD 8th. There's no way, barring injury, anybody can say objectively 8th is Austin's best place nor is he five spots worse than RBY. Having RBY third or first and DeSanto eight is very PSU homerish or just wanting to get a discussion going.

The MK thing - Go back and look. I did not guarantee him finishing second. What you say about close matches, quarterfinals & Carver Hawkeye is correct. But he did just beat Mark Hall. I can live with what mudflap put but again, he said best case. And I don't believe anybody thinks Kem dog's best possible place is third. If we are being honest and somebody really thinks RBY could win it, then the same has to be said for Kemerer

Assad/Brooks - Having been replaced for a match by Wilke has no bearing on his best possible result, but again nobody looking at it objectively would think Aaron Brooks is any type of level above Assad after beating him 7-3. Not only is third a stretch for Brooks but you can't begin to think that a dnp with only two points is Assad's best possible result.

Lugo - Of course, he could lose and finish seventh. He could win it all. Neither one of those are his best possible result objectively.

Warner - Objectively, a guy who finished seventh last year and hasn't looked like a world-beater this year but is ranked in the top five certainly has a ceiling above 6th.

Here is an "issue" I have with your points. You said you think I'm selling Penn State short, but none of your points concerns a Penn State wrestler except RBY.  They all deal with trying to find a way to drop down an Iowa wrestler. KM attempted to put up the best case scenario for both teams. Even if you believe what he put down was the best possible result for every Penn State wrestler there's no way in hell it's the best possible one for every Iowa wrestler. I'm not selling Penn State short you're just not giving Iowa the credit they deserve.

PSU having trouble finding a 125lber(Curse of the Suriano) is damn near the only thing keeping the door open for Iowa.  Even though Iowa looks super strong next season, PSU has a ton of young talent that should allow for them to manipulate the lineup from 133 all the way through 285 to make the best line up possible.

125:  Still looks like a hole.

133: RBY/Howard

141: Lee/Bartlett

149: Lee/Verkleeren/Boone

157: Berge/Boone

165:  Joe Lee/Manville

174:  Starocci/Manville

184:  Brooks

197:  Beard

285:  Kerkvliet/Nevills.........Cassar?

They are still going to be very hard to beat and will be VERY YOUNG with the exception of Nick Lee!

5 minutes ago, Boompa said:

OK....pretty passionate about Kemdog not making the finals.  We will see but the kid is a stud who knows what the finals are like.

I’m not saying he can’t make a finals but there are multiple guys that he’s going to have tight 1 takedown matches with and he’s still hasn’t had a 2 day weigh in at 174

3 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

PSU having trouble finding a 125lber(Curse of the Suriano) is damn near the only thing keeping the door open for Iowa.  Even though Iowa looks super strong next season, PSU has a ton of young talent that should allow for them to manipulate the lineup from 133 all the way through 285 to make the best line up possible.

They are still going to be very hard to beat and will be VERY YOUNG with the exception of Nick Lee!

Howard will most likely be a multi year 125 

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

If they go "ALL IN" next year, that would mean Robbie Howard at 125 and Robbie won't be a hole in the line up. Not a Champ either, but a lot better than decent. 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m not saying he can’t make a finals but there are multiple guys that he’s going to have tight 1 takedown matches with and he’s still hasn’t had a 2 day weigh in at 174

Wow, someone who just jumped 17 pounds is going to have trouble with a 2 day weigh in?  Seriously?  Ever listen to yourself?

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He also beat Hall rather convincingly and is 11-0 this season.  He has steadily improved as the season has gone on and appears to be hitting on all cylinders.  But, you can continue to cherry pick his worst career results all you want.  However, for added context, he is 71-6 having taken 3rd and 4th so far in 2 tries.  Of those 6 losses, 3 were to Nolf(4 time finalist, 3 time champ).  1 was to Jordan(3x AA, 1x Finalist), whom he also beat earlier in the year and outplaced that NCAA tournament.  1 was to Palacio(2xAA), a very unorthodox wrestler and the other was an injury default to Berger, whom he was 3-0 against before the injury.

Short of an injury, be prepared to see Kemerer wrestling on Saturday Night!

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If they go "ALL IN" next year, that would mean Robbie Howard at 125 and Robbie won't be a hole in the line up. Not a Champ either, but a lot better than decent. 

Man, I just don't see Howard getting there and, if he does, I don't see him being effective.  There is a reason he is projected to 133.......

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He’s fully planning on going 125 

14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Oh, the eye test. That settles everything. 

I am sorry if I trust my eyes and Flo's projections at this point. Considering that Suriano ended up at 133(even if it was somewhere else), Teske couldn't make 125 and they basically have had to grab someone from the streets to fill 125, this is the ONE WEIGHT where I am not confident the grand plan will work out for a guy that doesn't exactly have the body type that screams 125lb lifer!

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I am sorry if I trust my eyes and Flo's projections at this point. Considering that Suriano ended up at 133(even if it was somewhere else), Teske couldn't make 125 and they basically have had to grab someone from the streets to fill 125, this is the ONE WEIGHT where I am not confident the grand plan will work out for a guy that doesn't exactly have the body type that screams 125lb lifer!

No need to apologize. Stick to your guns on Robbie not making 125. You are entitled to your opinion. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

No need to apologize. Stick to your guns on Robbie not making 125. You are entitled to your opinion. 

Oh, I did say he may weigh in at 125.  I just don't see him being nearly as effective as he would be at a more ideal weight.  But, if he wants to start, 125 looks to be the only spot for the foreseeable future, unless RBY decides to redshirt for a season, but even that would only delay an overlap year at 133.  Bartlett is likely a weight class above him for 4 years and I wouldn't expect Howard to knock him off.

No, I get that 125 is likely where he HAS TO go, but after Teske, I am not sold that this will work out for PSU.

Let me ask you this.  Do you honestly expect him to be a 4 year 125lber?

4 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Oh, I did say he may weigh in at 125.  I just don't see him being nearly as effective as he would be at a more ideal weight.  But, if he wants to start, 125 looks to be the only spot for the foreseeable future, unless RBY decides to redshirt for a season, but even that would only delay an overlap year at 133.  Bartlett is likely a weight class above him for 4 years and I wouldn't expect Howard to knock him off.

No, I get that 125 is likely where he HAS TO go, but after Teske, I am not sold that this will work out for PSU.

Let me ask you this.  Do you honestly expect him to be a 4 year 125lber?

He doesn’t have a problem making 125, Flo is routinely way off with most things NJ wrestling, they listed him as future 133 during the beginning of his jr year excepting him to grow again and he hasn’t.

i would expect he ll be a 125 for them for 2 years 

54 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

He also beat Hall rather convincingly and is 11-0 this season.  He has steadily improved as the season has gone on and appears to be hitting on all cylinders.  But, you can continue to cherry pick his worst career results all you want.  However, for added context, he is 71-6 having taken 3rd and 4th so far in 2 tries.  Of those 6 losses, 3 were to Nolf(4 time finalist, 3 time champ).  1 was to Jordan(3x AA, 1x Finalist), whom he also beat earlier in the year and outplaced that NCAA tournament.  1 was to Palacio(2xAA), a very unorthodox wrestler and the other was an injury default to Berger, whom he was 3-0 against before the injury.

Short of an injury, be prepared to see Kemerer wrestling on Saturday Night!

The antitrolled showed he is just a troll.