Lurker

What if I told you....

That two time world and defending Olympic Champion moved from his home in Columbus to the NLWC to try and get better results at the upcoming Games....but didn’t make the team??

How would the non PSU fans respond? 
And for that matter....what would the PSU fans have to say??

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Pretty sure the non PSU fans would claim "Carl" sold him a bill of goods, or some other thing to make it out like NLWC misled or otherwise failed him. Isn't that the SOP? 

you can't get butt hurt over something that hasn't happened yet... give it time... you will get plenty of time to answer every laughing post when cox is our 2020 rep...

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Pretty sure the non PSU fans would claim "Carl" sold him a bill of goods, or some other thing to make it out like NLWC misled or otherwise failed him. Isn't that the SOP? 

I’m not sure what “SOP” is? 

And I should have mentioned I’m not at all saying that’s what’s going to happen. To me it’s a pick ‘em between the two.  It just occurred to me...man if that does happen....imagine all the chat room fodder for all the keyboard tough guys/hypocrites out there!  (On both sides)

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, LJB said:

you can't get butt hurt over something that hasn't happened yet... give it time... you will get plenty of time to answer every laughing post when cox is our 2020 rep...

OK Bud.

Edited by TBar1977

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I understand "Carl" is the real reason Dan Gable lost that final NCAA match as well as the comeback match against LeRoy Kemp. He's also the reason Robin Reed quit wrestling before "Carl" enrolled at ISU and John Smith retired from active competition.

"Carl" is the only human who can beat Gort, the world destroyer as seen in the film THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. Actually beat him on the mat without having to use the phrase "klaatu barada nikto".

"Carl" is supernatural and grew up bench pressing the Heber Creeper in Heber City, UT so the railroad workers could service it without having to use an industrial jack. If something good happens in the world, "Carl" is the reason.

Edited by WillieBoy

2 hours ago, pamela said:

Even if Snyder makes the Oly team, it seems anything less than gold in Tokyo will be considered a failure to his critics. This would be true whether he stayed at the OhioRTC or not. The expectation level has been through the roof, and unfairly so. 

Well based on his comments, it seems he would consider that a failure also.

I'm a big fan of Snyder.  Always like the kid, and then the man.  

When he won his WC's and OLY's, he wasn't nearly as "stocky".  I fear that he focused too much on lifting, and if you watch his matches, especially the losses, there's a level of "rigidity" in his motion and movements that he didn't have when he was younger and more "agile".  

I've said it on here before, and I'll say it again, even though I'll get heckled.  He needs to train differently... and not just wrestling.  Gain more range of motion and movement.  Focus less on "lifting strength" and more on "functional strength".  His technique will remain so long as he practices wrestling the way he has been.  Sometimes, less is more, and in this case, I think less muscle "volume" will equate to more versatility and dynamism.  

That being said... I see Cox beating Snyder 2 matches to 0.  Both super close.  But Cox will be able to take Snyder down due to Athleticism, and Snyder will not be able to return the favor due to the aforementioned rigidity.

The evidence that god is pissed at Carl is increasing every day. I would blame it all on god since god is allegedly to be thanked for all of Carl's earlier success.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Snyder.  Always like the kid, and then the man.  

When he won his WC's and OLY's, he wasn't nearly as "stocky".  I fear that he focused too much on lifting, and if you watch his matches, especially the losses, there's a level of "rigidity" in his motion and movements that he didn't have when he was younger and more "agile".  

I've said it on here before, and I'll say it again, even though I'll get heckled.  He needs to train differently... and not just wrestling.  Gain more range of motion and movement.  Focus less on "lifting strength" and more on "functional strength".  His technique will remain so long as he practices wrestling the way he has been.  Sometimes, less is more, and in this case, I think less muscle "volume" will equate to more versatility and dynamism.  

That being said... I see Cox beating Snyder 2 matches to 0.  Both super close.  But Cox will be able to take Snyder down due to Athleticism, and Snyder will not be able to return the favor due to the aforementioned rigidity.

I think Snyder would benefit from a power yoga program. He is way too rigid. His hips seem tight compared to a true freestyler like Kyle Dake.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

I think Snyder would benefit from a power yoga program. He is way too rigid. His hips seem tight compared to a true freestyler like Kyle Dake.

You had me until “compared to a true freestyler”. What credentials does one need to become a true freestyler if two world and Olympic golds does not qualify?

You had me until “compared to a true freestyler”. What credentials does one need to become a true freestyler if two world and Olympic golds does not qualify?

Good hips, good upper body series, and par Tere chops.

Kyle has a great low ankle, a snap down, and that's about it. I know he's gutted and thrown lower tier guys, but he really avoids those positions against elite guys.

His pace was a huge reason behind his success imo

10 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Good hips, good upper body series, and par Tere chops.

Kyle has a great low ankle, a snap down, and that's about it. I know he's gutted and thrown lower tier guys, but he really avoids those positions against elite guys.

His pace was a huge reason behind his success imo

So winning two worlds and olympics isn’t enough?  Okie doke.  I always felt results kind of were kinda the big factor 

The narrative should be....Snyder moved to NLWC to improve his scrambling abilities that will put him in the best position to contend for an Olympic Gold against the best of the world. It's a learning process. There will be bumps in the road (Pellicone), but, Cael and Varner have had major success at the upper weights and their specialty is technique progression.

I would love to see Snyder put the strongman weights away....but, it seems that he never will and strongly believe that bench pressing 405lbs helps him wrestle. I personally don't....but to each their own. 

Edited by MrDream
Error

So winning two worlds and olympics isn’t enough?  Okie doke.  I always felt results kind of were kinda the big factor 
If he doesn't change his style he won't win another gold medal at the Olympics or worlds.

I guess we will see.

9 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

If he doesn't change his style he won't win another gold medal at the Olympics or worlds.

I guess we will see.

Don’t disagree with that. Honestly even if he does I don’t know that he’s beating Sad again. Just too good.