nom

Ohio RTC emotional conflict

J’Den going 97kg ... wow.  It must be tough for the Ohio RTC to fully commit to having him defeat their golden child.  I’m sure they still have very strong bonds to Snyder.

It’s easy to say they (Ohio RTC staff) will do all they can to help Cox beat Snyder .... but .... will they?  Every weakness exposed (there aren’t many I’m sure), every Snyder go to position / move they know, every nuance etc.  ....

Ugh.  Glad I’m not them.  

J’Den going 97kg ... wow.  It must be tough for the Ohio RTC to fully commit to having him defeat their golden child.  I’m sure they still have very strong bonds to Snyder.
It’s easy to say they (Ohio RTC staff) will do all they can to help Cox beat Snyder .... but .... will they?  Every weakness exposed (there aren’t many I’m sure), every Snyder go to position / move they know, every nuance etc.  ....
Ugh.  Glad I’m not them.  

I'm sure they're motivated to beat Benedict Kyle.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's that big of a conflict for Ohio State fans  as you might believe. Judging from the reaction on tOSU boards most fans will be rooting for Cox, including myself.

Edited by DocBZ

I bet it is tough on the coaches. No matter how upset they were that Snyder left, they still spent a lot of time with him and I’m sure they wish him well. But now they are going to be coaching J’Den to beat him! They know all Snyder’s tendencies so I am guessing that’s why J’den went there 

32 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I bet it is tough on the coaches. No matter how upset they were that Snyder left, they still spent a lot of time with him and I’m sure they wish him well. But now they are going to be coaching J’Den to beat him! They know all Snyder’s tendencies so I am guessing that’s why J’den went there 

He left, so it's their job to coach against him.  He's working the PSU NCAA guys against them.  What happens in 2020 doesn't take anything away from what they accomplished in 2016. 

12 hours ago, nom said:

Ugh.  Glad I’m not them.  

This is laughable. It happens in the sport. Snyder isn't exactly an extremely complicated wrestler either. They're paying Cox to win and make others better. They would gain literally nothing by being butt hurt over a transfer. 

10 hours ago, LJB said:

snyder is not the first person to leave one training situation for another... it's really not that big a deal to anyone except a "fan"

and all those are gonna be smiling come april anyway...

How is it not a big deal when you go to your rivals RTC and It already cost them Kerkvliet? That's not a big deal?

13 hours ago, nom said:

Ugh.  Glad I’m not them.  

He's not full-time Ohio RTC.  Plan is to split his training between the OTC and Columbus.  Wouldn't be surprised if KJ stays in his corner for the remainder of the year.  

Snyder may be able to defeat Cox more times than Cox defeats Snyder, however I think Cox has a much better chance against Sadulaev.  I don't think Snyder will beat Saduleav again.  On the other hand, Cox is faster.  And he gets so sweaty.  If Saduleav doesn't score on him in the first 2 minutes I think Cox may be able to keep the scoring down.  

I am not much of an international wrestling fan.  I think folk style is better than free style as far as being practical.  MMA has proven that.  What good is it to take someone down if you can't keep them down?  Riding and escapes are a big part of grappling which freestyle misses.   Anyway, that's why I don't follow freestyle unless it is the olympics.  But I have this question. 

How would Snyder do against the Olympic heavyweights if he gained about 10 pounds of muscle? Remember, Snyder wouldn't have to worry about a weight cut.  I am not sure how good the international heavyweights are.  I know Stevenson and Gwiz would be challenges, but I actually think Snyder could defeat both of them.  Stevenson would be a big challenge next year, but Snyder is much better than Cassar ever has been.  I'm not sure Stevenson's upper body would be that much stronger than Snyder's if Snyder gained 10 pounds of muscle.  

What I am proposing is that Snyder may have a better chance of gold at heavyweight than at light heavyweight considering he can't beat Sadulaev.  But I am ignorant about international heavies. I am basing on guys a little better than Gwiz and Stevenson. 

Cox is a live dog against Sadulaev.  I might even bet him if he was 10 to 1.  Obvioulsy if it was a pick em I would go with the Russian tank.  But I think Cox may have the tools, the defense, the speed, and the slippery sweat to keep it a low scoring match. 

If I am wrong please don't bash me.  Instead, teach me.  Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Snyder may be able to defeat Cox more times than Cox defeats Snyder, however I think Cox has a much better chance against Sadulaev.  I don't think Snyder will beat Saduleav again.  On the other hand, Cox is faster.  And he gets so sweaty.  If Saduleav doesn't score on him in the first 2 minutes I think Cox may be able to keep the scoring down.  

I am not much of an international wrestling fan.  I think folk style is better than free style as far as being practical.  MMA has proven that.  What good is it to take someone down if you can't keep them down?  Riding and escapes are a big part of grappling which freestyle misses.   Anyway, that's why I don't follow freestyle unless it is the olympics.  But I have this question. 

How would Snyder do against the Olympic heavyweights if he gained about 10 pounds of muscle? Remember, Snyder wouldn't have to worry about a weight cut.  I am not sure how good the international heavyweights are.  I know Stevenson and Gwiz would be challenges, but I actually think Snyder could defeat both of them.  Stevenson would be a big challenge next year, but Snyder is much better than Cassar ever has been.  I'm not sure Stevenson's upper body would be that much stronger than Snyder's if Snyder gained 10 pounds of muscle.  

What I am proposing is that Snyder may have a better chance of gold at heavyweight than at light heavyweight considering he can't beat Sadulaev.  But I am ignorant about international heavies. I am basing on guys a little better than Gwiz and Stevenson. 

Cox is a live dog against Sadulaev.  I might even bet him if he was 10 to 1.  Obvioulsy if it was a pick em I would go with the Russian tank.  But I think Cox may have the tools, the defense, the speed, and the slippery sweat to keep it a low scoring match. 

Don't bet against Snyder...unless you are Jeff Bezos:

"Jeff Bezos is so rich, he got divorced

and he's still the richest man in the world."

Chris Rock

23 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

look up snyder vs akgul... that will tell you how he does against an elite international HWY...

gable is a stylistic nightmare for snyder... snyder doesn't want any of that smoke... gwiz not as much... i expect gable to smash gwiz at trials... parris is the one question at HWY...

11 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Snyder would be competitive at heavyweight and could medal with the right draw. But he would not get past Akgul or Geno. They might not be quite as skilled as Sadulaev (but who is?), but they are still incredible and big.

14 hours ago, LJB said:

look up snyder vs akgul... that will tell you how he does against an elite international HWY...

gable is a stylistic nightmare for snyder... snyder doesn't want any of that smoke... gwiz not as much... i expect gable to smash gwiz at trials... parris is the one question at HWY...

So do you think Snyder has a better chance at beating Akgul or the Russian Tank?

3 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Snyder would be competitive at heavyweight and could medal with the right draw. But he would not get past Akgul or Geno. They might not be quite as skilled as Sadulaev (but who is?), but they are still incredible and big.

So Snyder is not big or strong enough against elite internation wrestlers.  How close to you think Stevenson is to being elite at international level?

7 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

So do you think Snyder has a better chance at beating Akgul or the Russian Tank?

snyder has no chance of beating akgul... 

snyder has beat sadulaev...

snyder will not wrestle either one anytime soon...

15 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

I just feel like putting on another mass of muscle is the last thing Snyder needs to do to improve.  It wouldn't be like he would going against heavyweights (both here and abroad) that don't move very well.

32 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

So Snyder is not big or strong enough against elite internation wrestlers.  How close to you think Stevenson is to being elite at international level?

I don't think Snyder has the size to compete with the top two. And putting on more weight would probably only limit him more. He struggled with Coon's size and Coon isn't anywhere near as skilled as Akgul or Geno. Snyder could be competitive with a lot of the other heavies, though.

Steveson seems to be right there with Gwiz (and I think Snyder would be right there, too). So they all could medal with the right draw. But I see  Steveson matching up with a guy like Akgul about the same as Gwiz did.

(The good news for the US is those two are getting a little long in the tooth.)

Edited by Crotalus

On 2/11/2020 at 8:35 PM, nom said:

Ugh.  Glad I’m not them.  

They are professionals, and should/will/damn well better act like it.  Snyder, for whatever reason, broke the professional bond.  His choice and it should be respected.  That said, they are obligated to do everything in their power to defeat anyone and everyone in the way of an ORTC competitor.  It's business.  They have more to gain by their new man winning than letting off the gas for their old man.

Edited by Coach_J