wrestlingnerd

Nickal’s weight

Now that the Cox weight thread is an artifact, it’s time to dust off our crystal balls and discuss whether Nickal is going to do the right thing and compete for the 86 kg spot or mail it in at 97 kg. If there was ever a shred of doubt as to which weight is the right one for Nickal, Cox’s decisión now removes all doubt. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I’m guessing what it “looks like” probably isn’t factoring in to his decision making either. 

I was trying to be nice about it but I'm perfectly willing to say, if he goes 97, he isn't making a serious run. 

BTW that's a great imitation of making a point. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

i must say, i will be glad when the trials are over and Bo can quit wasting his and everyone else's time and money and just go ahead and go on to fighting... 

it's almost like he made someone a promise and is "keeping" it in the most lazy way ever... 

10 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I was trying to be nice about it but I'm perfectly willing to say, if he goes 97, he isn't making a serious run. 

BTW that's a great imitation of making a point. 

Thanks. It comes naturally. 
And I’m glad you cleared up for us what is in Bo’s head. Good work. 

9 hours ago, BTC said:

Bo is a beast and has potential to develop into a world level hammer but theres no way in hell hes beating the best the world has to offer including our guys by going 97. 

I'm in the camp that Bo is undersized and should compete at 86 unless he has packed on 39.8 pounds of muscle since his freshman year weight of 174

BUT...

Maybe he is pursuing the same route as Cox and going for the biggest challenge? Can't fault a competitor for that.

Edited by bnwtwg

28 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Maybe he is pursuing the same route as Cox and going for the biggest challenge? Can't fault a competitor for that.

If the biggest challenge means giving up a bunch of weight to the best wrestlers in the world, why doesn't NIckal just jump up to 125?

Either the thought of cutting 3 pounds is so dreadful that he would rather give up 20, or he doesn't want to compete with Taylor. That's the only way I see it.

Edited by Crotalus

I'm in the camp that Bo is undersized and should compete at 86 unless he has packed on 39.8 pounds of muscle since his freshman year weight of 174
BUT...
Biggest challenge would be at 86 kg. No Show Bo isn't up for a challenge or he wouldn't have forfeited to Snyder in Italy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have to say I find the idea that Bo doesn’t want to wrestle his mentor as ludicrous. People keep saying this. Has Bo ever said anything that indicates he refuses to go 86kg in deference to Taylor? Think about it. What does it mean? Is it that he thinks he can win at 86kg and feels it’s unfair to take it away from Taylor? You think Taylor believes Bo has a shot? If Bo believes this then he’s got a might big ego thinking he can make the team at 86kg but is electing instead to go 97kg. Or he really doesn’t care about making the team in which case why is he even going to the trials? This is so thin it kills me. If Bo thought he could make the team at 86kg I think he’d try to make the team at 86kg. 

12 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I have to say I find the idea that Bo doesn’t want to wrestle his mentor as ludicrous. People keep saying this. Has Bo ever said anything that indicates he refuses to go 86kg in deference to Taylor? Think about it. What does it mean? Is it that he thinks he can win at 86kg and feels it’s unfair to take it away from Taylor? You think Taylor believes Bo has a shot? If Bo believes this then he’s got a might big ego thinking he can make the team at 86kg but is electing instead to go 97kg. Or he really doesn’t care about making the team in which case why is he even going to the trials? This is so thin it kills me. If Bo thought he could make the team at 86kg I think he’d try to make the team at 86kg. 

Doesn't it take a big time ego to give up 20 pounds to try and make the team against a 5 time and a 4 time world/Olympic medalist instead of cutting 3 lbs? You think Taylor dominates him so bad that that sounds like the best path?

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

/\

Message boards are for speculation and I don’t think there is anything with trying to draw your own conclusions based on evidence. More evidence will surface shortly, but from what we have seen, he doesn’t seem interested in losing weight or taking a serious run at the Olympics 

20 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Message boards are for speculation and I don’t think there is anything with trying to draw your own conclusions based on evidence. More evidence will surface shortly, but from what we have seen, he doesn’t seem interested in losing weight or taking a serious run at the Olympics 

Lurker's posts are just empty snarky posturing.