Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Willie’s Tweet

I hated on Willie here for a long time. I was probably a little too aggressive, but now I just feel bad for him.

It seems like he went into this without thinking about the market he serves. What is it that Willie provides? HS rankings and his opinion. I can go to Flo and look at that while my subscription also gets me tons of matches, duals and tourneys. Why would I need to pay more to see him rank one guy 5 when Flo has them ranked 4? There is not enough value there to justify another subscription just to see that. He also shares his opinion. For most of us diehards, he doesn't really offer anything we don't know. Why would I pay when I can listen to FRL for free. Willie doesn't have the wrestling experience someone like an Askren has. He just watches and reports on what he sees. I don't think it's more valuable coming from him, than it is coming from CP or Nomad. 

This take on the Olympics has its points, but he has said this before. Its not a good sign when you just recycle the same opinion you shared before. He is not gonna have much luck until he can find a way to differentiate himself and give people a legit reason to want to sign up for Rokfin. I don't think he is even close right now. 

Edited by russelscout

22 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I hated on Willie here for a long time. I was probably a little too aggressive, but now I just feel bad for him.

It seems like he went into this without thinking about the market he serves. What is it that Willie provides? HS rankings and his opinion. I can go to Flo and look at that while my subscription also gets me tons of matches, duals and tourneys. Why would I need to pay more to see him rank one guy 5 when Flo has them ranked 4? There is not enough value there to justify another subscription just to see that. He also shares his opinion. For most of us diehards, he doesn't really offer anything we don't know. Why would I pay when I can listen to FRL for free. Willie doesn't have the wrestling experience someone like an Askren has. He just watches and reports on what he sees. I don't think it's more valuable coming from him, than it is coming from CP or Nomad. 

This take on the Olympics has its points, but he has said this before. Its not a good sign when you just recycle the same opinion you shared before. He is not gonna have much luck until he can find a way to differentiate himself and give people a legit reason to want to sign up for Rokfin. I don't think he is even close right now. 

Agreed, I said this when he first made the move and tried to charge $10 a month for a tenth of the content Flo provides for only a few dollars a month more. 

I only wrote the article because my original tweet was worded poorly. article was free btw (so business model) doesn't apply much.

several of you know how i feel - the current olympic program is an abomination that we should all fight to improve. there's no 'motive' here other than that.