Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have hear a lot of speculation as to whether or not Berge would be returning this season.  Although I believe he will not, lets say he did I have a few questions.

 

1.  Is he going to be able to compete at or near the level he would be had he been wrestling all year?

2.  Would he qualify for NCAA's?  I also get Pipher may not as well.

3. Is the return on sending him out there worth it.   He could get a medical for this year and maybe his NCAA points would not make up what I think might be a 35 point difference from Iowa's point projection?

 

Hoping Cael has a plan and I am sure he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

I have hear a lot of speculation as to whether or not Berge would be returning this season.  Although I believe he will not, lets say he did I have a few questions.

 

1.  Is he going to be able to compete at or near the level he would be had he been wrestling all year?

2.  Would he qualify for NCAA's?  I also get Pipher may not as well.

3. Is the return on sending him out there worth it.   He could get a medical for this year and maybe his NCAA points would not make up what I think might be a 35 point difference from Iowa's point projection?

 

Hoping Cael has a plan and I am sure he does.

He is downstairs drilling right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Is he going to be able to compete at or near the level he would be had he been wrestling all year?

Assuming he competes (a big assumption at this point) he's probably not as close to 100 percent as he'd be if he'd been competing all year. But the staff would know how close he is and make a sound judgment based on that knowledge. 

 

2.  Would he qualify for NCAA's?  I also get Pipher may not as well.

He'd likely qualify for NCAAs by earning a spot at Big10's. In theory he could even win Big10's, but he only needs to take one of the league's allocated spots. 

 

3. Is the return on sending him out there worth it.   He could get a medical for this year and maybe his NCAA points would not make up what I think might be a 35 point difference from Iowa's point projection?

Whether its worth it is obviously a staff decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

I would say 157 is the B1G weakest weight.  How many auto qualifiers do you see them getting?

Big will get 6 or 7 allocations I think. That is the worst one in the Big, but it still is high. 
  
I think even a 60% Berge takes out Ryan Thomas and Jake Tucker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

I would say 157 is the B1G weakest weight.  How many auto qualifiers do you see them getting?

6 or 7. Berge at the level he was at for his one match this year would easily take a spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope he's healthy.  If he comes back this year and isn't at any additional risk of concussions, that's great.  Having suffered them, he is medically more likely to suffer them again in the future, and frankly, it's scary the things we're learning about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Big will get 6 or 7 allocations I think. That is the worst one in the Big, but it still is high. 
  
I think even a 60% Berge takes out Ryan Thomas and Jake Tucker 

LOL!  Are you talking 60% strength or conditioning or 60% of his appendages?  I say Thomas or Tucker easily pin him if it’s any of the above.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

I don't get all of the reading into the fact that he went to the Mayo clinic. He's from Minnesota so he could have been going to a hospital close to home and he could have been there for a final clearance to compete. 

Stop bringing common sense to this forum! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buckshot1969 said:

I don't get all of the reading into the fact that he went to the Mayo clinic. He's from Minnesota so he could have been going to a hospital close to home and he could have been there for a final clearance to compete. 

May have just been someone trying to document that he was still breathing.  Your not gonna be sent, nor will Mayo accept, if you ain't still breathing.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...