Is anyone else a big fan of the additional shows that are being done?  I know FLO gets a lot of flak and in some cases rightfully so but I think anytime we can get more content its a good thing.  Brining in Ben has been a good change of pace and now seeing and hearing more from the rest of the crew I think is awesome.  Also great coverage over last week on the PIAA team tourney.  Love that in Hawaii I can watch live.

It's great, nice to highlight Bray, Spey, etc who often don't get a lot of mic time on the main podcast.  The recaps are solid too because they have time to mention some of the non-elite duals and wins.  Heck, one of the few (only?) times my alma mater (Northern Illinois) was mentioned when Anthony Gibson beat Grant Leeth.  Content every day, I love it. 

I listen to a couple other podcasts so I have only been able to listen to the three regular shows and just delete the monday/friday episodes because I figure there's a lot of redundancy there.

just my opinion - but I think the main shows are better off without nomad.  i've always wished bratke got more airtime though.

Edited by Witherman

Flowrestling continues to look for ways to give us more for our money. They seem to get better each year.  The new FRL’s are just another example. I also believe they have something to do with the extra coverage provided by BTN and other national broadcasts. For me, the $150 annual rate is a bargain for the content they provide.

I have never understood the complaints about Flo. I feel like I definitely get my money's worth there. 

I do like the additional content. Love the addition of Askren in every way possible. He is an enjoyable mix of goofiness, knowledge and strong opinions. Makes for good listening.

Each guy has their strengths and weaknesses so trying to wedge them all into one or two podcasts a week was getting awkward. Nice to see them spread their wings a bit. The aren't all great in the format, but hopefully with practice and exposure they get more comfortable and grow. I believe they will.

2 hours ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

Is anyone else a big fan of the additional shows that are being done?  I know FLO gets a lot of flak and in some cases rightfully so but I think anytime we can get more content its a good thing.  Brining in Ben has been a good change of pace and now seeing and hearing more from the rest of the crew I think is awesome.  Also great coverage over last week on the PIAA team tourney.  Love that in Hawaii I can watch live.

Did you see the crowds at that?  Massive snoozefest.

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

Did you see the crowds at that?  Massive snoozefest.

I did not. How is it that PA doesnt get attendance? Iowa hasnt been great for years yet each class is packed full throughout, especially the small class which IMO has the worst wrestling.

Btw, Im not trying to pick a fight or taking shots at PA. Genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Flowrestling continues to look for ways to give us more for our money. They seem to get better each year.  The new FRL’s are just another example. I also believe they have something to do with the extra coverage provided by BTN and other national broadcasts. For me, the $150 annual rate is a bargain for the content they provide.

...and with the new content and new things they try, it tells me that money is being used wisely. 

Not sure what FRL has to do with Flo being worth the cost, FRL is available without a subscription.   Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see that change in the future, and I do know they also have some additional podcasts with the subscription.

But I definitely appreciate the additional content.   Askren is good,  but I listen to the Rudis podcast too, so it’s kinda like they just combined the two.  My favorite new addition is David Bray.  He is very knowledgeable and well spoken and has good takes.

9 hours ago, unknown said:

150$ for a ****ty stream and poor customer service

You must still be pissed from the Penn State vs OK State match. I feel like I haven’t had any issues since then that wasn’t my internet connections fault. 

17 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

I love Ben, listened to every episode of both versions of his old podcast, but he monopolizes the airtime. It seems like the Skype delay makes it hard for everyone to get their $0.02 in, but I want to here more from Bratke and Nomad. 

Probably in the minority here but man I am not a fan at all of the new set up with askren.  I understand Ben has way more experience with wrestling but he constantly monopolizes the conversations,  he talks over everyone else (so much so that he actually on occassion apologizes multiple times per broadcast about it) and its almost as if he looks for reasons to make others look bad.  It just makes for a bad broadcast. Also,  It is a huge pet peeve of mine when you are debating with someone and they call you out if you use an exaggerated term or make a small mistake that really doesn't effect the overall point you are trying to make or something like that and askren looks for that with every exchange.

For example: PSA (This is an example of the point im trying to make, not an actual conversation)

Pyles:"In that last match, wrestler A got like 100 takedowns."

Ben: "Well actually he only got 10 so you're wrong, you said 100 and that's not right." 

Pyles: "Ben i know it wasn't actually 100---"

Ben: "NO YOU WERE WRONG IT WASN'T THAT MUCH." HAHAH OMG THAT REMINDS ME OF THIS ONE TIME...."

To me its the podcast version of calling someone out for a grammatical mistake during a online debate.  It does nothing to contribute to the conversation and just seems childish.

Ok, end rant.  

Probably in the minority here but man I am not a fan at all of the new set up with askren.  I understand Ben has way more experience with wrestling but he constantly monopolizes the conversations,  he talks over everyone else (so much so that he actually on occassion apologizes multiple times per broadcast about it) and its almost as if he looks for reasons to make others look bad.  It just makes for a bad broadcast. Also,  It is a huge pet peeve of mine when you are debating with someone and they call you out if you use an exaggerated term or make a small mistake that really doesn't effect the overall point you are trying to make or something like that and askren looks for that with every exchange.
For example: PSA (This is an example of the point im trying to make, not an actual conversation)
Ben: "Well actually he only got 10 so you're wrong, you said 100 and that's not right." 
Ben: "NO YOU WERE WRONG IT WASN'T THAT MUCH." HAHAH OMG THAT REMINDS ME OF THIS ONE TIME...."

To me its the podcast version of calling someone out for a grammatical mistake during a online debate.  It does nothing to contribute to the conversation and just seems childish.

Ok, end rant.  

This pretty much sums it up. I hear people saying it’s nice to hear from the other guys now but the other guys have been reduced to basically nothing. Spey is completely off the show, if Bray is there you don’t hear from him anymore, and Askren just interrupts every topic with some story that the guys have to give a charity laugh to when he’s done and try to get back to whatever they were talking about. I like the perspective he brings on certain topics because he has experience that the other guys don’t but enough with the crap jokes every two minutes followed by that dopey laugh. If you like the show better now then more power to you but I just don’t think it’s as good as it used to be because they have to center around Askren now and it’s annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

Ok, end rant.  

I've been listening to these and i don't recall hearing that exchange.  Are you certain you are referring to FRL?

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I've been listening to these and i don't recall hearing that exchange.  Are you certain you are referring to FRL?

No, that exchange was completely made up and just meant as an example.  (Hence the PSA right before it)  It is exchanges like that though that are a pet peeve of mine.  Here is another example...again this is not verbatim from a specific episode...just supposed to be used as a general example of the idea.  

Pyles: "so then Venz hits a high crotch and gets the takedown"

Ben: "Actually he hit a double leg to get the takedown sooo that's what he did"

Pyles: ok you're right a double but either way he got the takedo---"

Ben: NO YOU SAID HIGH CROTCH AND THAT DIDNT HAPPEN. SO YOU'RE WRONG, HAHAHA ANY WAY TO THE POINT  I NOW WANT TO TALK ABOUT..."

Pyles: (silence)

KB: (silence)

I am just not a fan of a person who has to point out small mistakes others make when they are speaking, especially when it really doesn't effect the point trying to be communicated to try and seem like the bigger, cooler guy.  It's very disrespectful in my eyes. Again, I am probably in the minority here, it just irks me and makes me want to only listen to the weekend shows with Nomad and/or Brey (or any show Ben isn't a part of)

21 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Completely agree. I'm not sure why Flo generates such visceral reactions. How can anyone argue with their expanded content - partnership with BTN, numerous duals, replays, interviews, films for $150/year - compared to other subscriptions for streaming, a bargin.

9 hours ago, Thor77 said:

You must still be pissed from the Penn State vs OK State match. I feel like I haven’t had any issues since then that wasn’t my internet connections fault. 

I am still butt hurt about that match.  I canceled right after, but hey, if everyone is now vouching for Flo then obviously I should reconsider.

Also, I’m a big fan of Askren’s addition.  I think he’s pretty insightful, his stories are pretty funny, and the malcontent in me finds it amusing when he gives Pyles a hard time! 

7 hours ago, LCpl Schmuckatelli said:

I am still butt hurt about that match.  I canceled right after, but hey, if everyone is now vouching for Flo then obviously I should reconsider.

Also, I’m a big fan of Askren’s addition.  I think he’s pretty insightful, his stories are pretty funny, and the malcontent in me finds it amusing when he gives Pyles a hard time! 

I have not had an issue since that match. Flo has improved by leaps and bounds, no use judging them on one broadcast from 3 years ago. 

I've been trying to consider whether I would like to subscribe to something like Flowrestling, but that may be a different question.  

I feel like I am really an outsider because I have listened to two podcasts.  In all fairness, I wasn't aware of those podcasts until very recently.  This is what I had my biggest issue with:

There was a section where they talked about wrestlers transitioning to MMA or grappling events, etc.  Then they made this "don't @ me about this" argument where they said some people wouldn't be happy, but they felt this was still worthwhile as it might help wrestlers with their futures.  I didn't have an issue with them bringing it up as much as their almost attack at fans that might feel they should stick to wrestling.  

Maybe they could have a shorter podcast dedicated to that.  I am sure there is a lot of wrestling they never even get around to covering, and just seemed strange the way the were almost offended if anyone would want them to cover wrestling exclusively.

What does everyone think of the swearing?  Old FRLs- CP would make a huge deal every time Willie would drop a swear word?  I enjoyed these treats every now and then, but CP would always say "kids are wtching/listening."  He'd really chastise him.  Since Askren came on, he has had free reign to say whatever he wants...he is not dropping F bombs, but everything else seems a-okay.  I figured this would be the case when Ben came over from the Rudis podcast, as he talked that way there.  I didn't figure he'd put on a filter bc FLO said so.  Again, I enjoy a swear if used properly....just a thought that I feel like that was probably a small example of how Willie may have felt restricted/limited with his creativity....then to see the next person not have the same constraints.