Just now, LJB said:

what you want and what you get are not always the same things...

it's better you learn that here... now... from me... than out there on the streets...

Thanks.  Your wisdom is always inspiring.

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:
5 hours ago, mspart said:
JB goes to Tokyo .
mspart

Yeah I'm confused how more people dont realize this

I still got JB, but you can’t see where people may be picking dake?

12 hours ago, LJB said:

to be honest, i think JBs shoes on the mat after 2 is going to be one of the seminal moments in USAW...

I really hope you're right (unless it's Green or Imar that dethrones him, which I'd prefer not even consider).

But yeah, I can easily see Dake calling it a career this year, especially if he wins gold.  I just hope it doesn't end in April.

17 hours ago, whaletail said:

I'm not sure how anyone can confidently pick between them.

Haha this is the correct statement. I only take such a strong JB side, because Dake fans are so "It's clear cut"...
It's not clear cut, and nothing Dake has done, not one match, suggests that.
I think it's 50/50 and i would favor Burroughs on history alone.
I've stated numerous times, I think Dake is the "Safer" choice, for a tournament format, because he tends to really control the action with his defense, and although matches are close he is never in danger in the early rounds.
Then there is Burroughs... whether its confidence, cockiness, gameplan or whatever.... will wrestle a local highschool star to a 7-7 criteria match in the opening round or 2, but when its a returning world medalist, he may win by 4 or 5 points... it's how he has always been and apparently will continue to be.
I know it's fun to say "We'll Dake crushes these cans at 79kg he will definitely crush people at 74kg" but it's just not the same.
Very excited about the match, but hate the guys posting that Dake is already going to win. If they are right, they will say "Told you so" if they are wrong "Nobody is going to call them out"..... its just one of those posts.

Anyways.
Fix (30% confident)
JO (50% confident)
JB ( 60% confident)
Taylor (70% confident)
Cox (80% confident)
Gable ( 50%)

Edited by spladle08

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

but when its a returning world medalist, he may win by 4 or 5 points... it's how he has always been and apparently will continue to be

Yeah, and "No man has ever beaten me twice" as well, right?

Wasn't Sidakov a returning world medalist?

Your wanting it doesn't make it so. Stick with your 50/50 statement so that I can agree with you.

8 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

Yeah, and "No man has ever beaten me twice" as well, right?

Wasn't Sidakov a returning world medalist?

Your wanting it doesn't make it so. Stick with your 50/50 statement so that I can agree with you.

I am admittedly drinking Whiskey right now, so sorry if I double talk.
It's a damn toss.
I wont be surprised if either wins, and I wont be surprised if Sidakov wins everything for the next few years (You dont beat both Chamizo and JB in back to back worlds without having a crazily impressive skillset)
I just think people are putting more stock in the (79kg) World Titles than they should when it comes down to JB vs KD h2h

Edited by spladle08

18 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I just think people are putting more stock in the (79kg) World Titles than they should when it comes down to JB vs KD h2h

I put plenty of stock in the value of Dake's 79kg. World Titles. I also feel that the cut to 74kg. hurts him, perhaps not as badly as the cut to 86kg would have hurt J'Den, but it still hurts him. And you don't want to be hurting at all if you expect to win against JB, who, as you say, has always been a clutch wrestler. Of course, the shine on that clutch has become progressively duller since the advent of Sidakov. Sidakov is the new clutch, for now anyway.