Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

A Box Filled with Vintage Official Wrestling Guides

Take a look at this quick clip featuring a box filled with vintage official wrestling guides at the Dan Gable Wrestling Museum.

Some of younger dudes here may find this especially interesting because this is how information about wrestling was disseminated way before the internet.

Can't really elaborate, since it's pretty simple without trying to come across as trying to hawk a product on this thread. 

I produce a digital document each year before the NCAAs that is very similar in nature to these older championship guides. I have a number of them myself and they're great for history. Mine gets used by ESPN, media and production crews as well as the fans who buy it for their computer or tablets. 

5 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

Can't really elaborate, since it's pretty simple without trying to come across as trying to hawk a product on this thread. 

I produce a digital document each year before the NCAAs that is very similar in nature to these older championship guides. I have a number of them myself and they're great for history. Mine gets used by ESPN, media and production crews as well as the fans who buy it for their computer or tablets. 

Wow - that sounds really interesting Jason - something I definitely would enjoy checking out. 

Because I did some officiating, in a addition to coaching I started getting those rules books in 1968 and got them until high school wrestling came up with their own rules books.  Nice addition to my library.