pamela

Gramma Cup/Cerro Pelado 2020

I saw that Robbie Smith and Riley Briggs won bronze in GR this week.

Does MFS start today or tomorrow? USA Wrestling had two different sets of dates, and UWW doesn’t have them listed either.

Is it assumed now that J’Den Cox is going 97 for this?

36 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

CO > Atlanta > Miami > Havana

They need a new travel agent. 

Unfortunately they are stuck at the mercy of the Olympic Desk at United.   USOC related international travel goes through there.

1 minute ago, MonagFam said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to watch this?

USA Wrestling says there’s no livestream available for the event. There may not even be reliable internet, so I guess we’ll have to wait for matches and results to be posted after the fact.

14 minutes ago, pamela said:

USA Wrestling says there’s no livestream available for the event. There may not even be reliable internet, so I guess we’ll have to wait for matches and results to be posted after the fact.

Thanks! I sometimes find past or present streaming videos on YouTube,  but it is tougher when it might be in a different language, so I wasnt sure if that might be the case here.

Pantaleo must be making that decent down to 65, unless he's accepted he's a tweener and is going to give 70 keggers a proper go the next few years.

Any chance we see San Marino have a 70 kegger next season? Would he be Italy's #1?

Someone's got to say it..... J'Den not exactly lighting it up in his debut at 97 kg.... 5-3 over Salas Perez who literally wrestled in the 2008 Olympics (do these Cubans every retire?) and 4-0 over Kasper. 

A win is a win I guess. 

Hard to take too much away from it without any video to see how he looked. Salas Perez may be getting a little long in the tooth, but that's still a solid win. And J'den doesn't typically light up the scoreboard. He is typically nearly impossible to score on, but obviously Salas Perez did. Not sure what the score of his finals match was.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2020/February/16/Pantaleo-and-Cox-win-gold-medals-at-Cerro-Pelado-in-Cuba

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Let Jden acclimate to the weight class before passing judgment. Tough to make a good assessment without video or even a match description. Salas is a decent win though. Hes been a perennial contender for years. 

Let Jden acclimate to the weight class before passing judgment. Tough to make a good assessment without video or even a match description. Salas is a decent win though. Hes been a perennial contender for years. 
Salas is a former world silver medalist.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Salas is a former world silver medalist.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yep. Lost in finals to Sadulaev in 2014 Worlds  where A.S. won his first of many titles.

1 hour ago, 77again said:

Yep. Lost in finals to Sadulaev in 2014 Worlds  where A.S. won his first of many titles.

Yea he buried Salas in that match. So much so that Salas gave him a nice open palm strike out of frustration. One thing that I find noteworthy is that Snyder and Salas wrestled at Beat the Streets a few years ago. Salas gave Snyder a pretty tough match where his athleticism was giving Snyder trouble early on in the match. Snyder came back and won but Salas impressed me with how athletic he was. His gas tank failed him if I remember it correctly. That could be a sign of how a Snyder vs Cox could play out.

4 hours ago, BTC said:

Yea he buried Salas in that match. So much so that Salas gave him a nice open palm strike out of frustration. One thing that I find noteworthy is that Snyder and Salas wrestled at Beat the Streets a few years ago. Salas gave Snyder a pretty tough match where his athleticism was giving Snyder trouble early on in the match. Snyder came back and won but Salas impressed me with how athletic he was. His gas tank failed him if I remember it correctly. That could be a sign of how a Snyder vs Cox could play out.

Wasn't that the BTS on the ship deck where the mat was wet? I wouldn't take too much out of that match. 

28 minutes ago, pepeFantastico said:

It was on a roof in the city. But it was extremely high humidity and mats were getting slick.

Thanks pepe. I knew one of them had slippery mats and was pretty sure that Snyder-Salas match was during that event.