cjc007

Saduleav cradled and exposed at Euro's.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

But we can’t see he’s right side of the body at all. That’s kind of what I was getting at. It was certainly close no doubt. If he would have been able to keep Sad from rocking, her May have gotten it. 

Whether it was touching at the same time or not, it doesn't really matter, per the rule book, it didn't look like a fall, but it was close:

"When the defensive wrestler is held by his opponent with his two shoulders against the mat for a sufficient time to allow the referee to observe the total control of the fall, the resulting hold is considered to be a fall."

That's kind of subjective, but there seems to be no control at all.

11 minutes ago, Axe_Spartan said:

Whether it was touching at the same time or not, it doesn't really matter, per the rule book, it didn't look like a fall, but it was close:

"When the defensive wrestler is held by his opponent with his two shoulders against the mat for a sufficient time to allow the referee to observe the total control of the fall, the resulting hold is considered to be a fall."

agreed

Not to speak for the OP, but whether or not Sadulaev was pinned is less interesting than the fact that he showed flashes of vulnerability and sloppiness at Euros. I know it’s been said that Russia sometimes  uses tournaments as testing grounds and scouting opportunities for World/Olympics but I don’t think anyone expected anything less than a complete bulldozing by Sad even if he was going at just 85% or whatever. Sad’s matches portend a very tough 97kg field in Tokyo this summer.

6 hours ago, pamela said:

He also sort of got tossed by Nurov in his first match, which doesn’t happen very often. Maybe Sadulaev has the flu.

I've heard nurov is from Dagestan, too. Sadulaev and nurov train often times together, they both know each other very well, maybe that's why nurov could score this points 

6 hours ago, Axe_Spartan said:

Other than a locked-up inside cradle that the Turk just drove him over to his back with

6 hours ago, Axe_Spartan said:

It takes a long time to call a fall in Freestyle. This isn't the same as collegiate wrestling where one referee makes all the decisions. You always see the referee look the the mat judge and the chairman before signaling the fall. That being said, the touch fall comment earlier in this thread was an odd one.

7 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Although you're probably right in this instance, good god you're f$#kin' obnoxious.

probably?

ha...

and just you know, i wear your scorn like a badge of honor...

3 hours ago, LJB said:

he doesn't have a 97 frame at all...

LJ sometimes it's hard to tell when you're being a little facetious or sarcastic. I'm not sure here. Although Snyder has less body fat both he and the tank are relatively short for the weight class. As good as he is, he's not immune to the same problems as everybody else complacency, HEW, etc.

17 hours ago, pamela said:

Not to speak for the OP, but whether or not Sadulaev was pinned is less interesting than the fact that he showed flashes of vulnerability and sloppiness at Euros. I know it’s been said that Russia sometimes  uses tournaments as testing grounds and scouting opportunities for World/Olympics but I don’t think anyone expected anything less than a complete bulldozing by Sad even if he was going at just 85% or whatever. Sad’s matches portend a very tough 97kg field in Tokyo this summer.

I don’t know. That attempted lateral drop didn’t score, and it would have on most, but Sad hit a nice cartwheel that started mid air, and had the opponent in more danger than he was. I don’t think that was a flash of vulnerable.

He got cradled and he got out. That was really it. Granted we’re just not used to seeing him in trouble, I just wouldn’t look into it too much. I could be wrong. 

Why does everyone think he is chubby? His ab obliques are huge and that doesn’t come from being fat. He just has a huge butt and thighs so it’s not flattering, and he doesn’t bench and curl all day so he doesn’t have 42” pythons

Edited by bnwtwg

19 hours ago, Tofurky said:

It takes a long time to call a fall in Freestyle. This isn't the same as collegiate wrestling where one referee makes all the decisions. You always see the referee look the the mat judge and the chairman before signaling the fall. That being said, the touch fall comment earlier in this thread was an odd one.

This might be the dumbest thing in freestyle. A ref looking at a pin has to confirm it with some dude with no angle sitting behind a table. Am I missing something here. Why is this a thing?