shieldofpistis

I confident Penn St defeats Ohio St by at least 8

38 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

And you lose the oppisite of both bets.  Think it through.

No, because one bet was that PSU would win by at least 8, and one was that OSU would win by at least 8.  Since the total score margin was less than 8 neither condition was fulfilled and you lost both bets.

2 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

And you lose the oppisite of both bets.  Think it through.

You offered what is know as an inverted market. 

Scenario 1: PSU wins by 8 or more. You win the PSU -7.9 bet and lose the tOSU -7.9 bet. It's a push.

Scenario 2: tOSU wins by 8 or more. You win the tOSU bet and lose the PSU bet. It's a push.

Scenario 3: Either team wins by 7 or less. You lose the tOSU bet and you lose the PSU bet. You owe me 2x your net worth plus 2x your buying power. We can set up a payment plan.

Is that thought through enough for you?

You wanted to make this about guts, when it was really about brains. You win the battle of guts.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You're as good at math as your are at betting. I win both bets.

Well he is not good at reading (accusing folks of stuff they didn't say), not good at writing (look at thread title & posts), shouldn't expect much in the math area, believe rather devoid of the three Rs.  Now KMF aint no good in the 3Rs or pucuation but he has to work at it this won seems to come bye it naturaly.  ;)

44 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well he is not good at reading (accusing folks of stuff they didn't say), not good at writing (look at thread title & posts), shouldn't expect much in the math area, believe rather devoid of the three Rs.  Now KMF aint no good in the 3Rs or pucuation but he has to work at it this won seems to come bye it naturaly.  ;)

Because I have grammar issues because I type with big fingers on a small phone I am devoid of the 3 "r's"? 

That is idiotic and you are being a bully.  Chances are I went to the better schools between us and received the higher degree with better grades than you.  Worms like you dont intimidate me.  I believe you are a coward.  I think you wound  compmetely change the way you talk to me if we were to meet face to face.  But when you can hide behind a screen you act as a bully.  That is one difference between us.  I dont bully people and I do not say things to ramdom people that I would be agraid to sau to Deontae Wilder. 

Back to the bet. I said Penn st was going to win by 8.  They won by 4 I think.  So Ohio St plus 8 was the winner.  If someone would have bet Ohio St plus 8 and but an equal amount on Penn St -8 then the person would have lost the Penn St bet and the juice.  Betting both ways was a losed because only one side won.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You offered what is know as an inverted market. 

Scenario 1: PSU wins by 8 or more. You win the PSU -7.9 bet and lose the tOSU -7.9 bet. It's a push.

Scenario 2: tOSU wins by 8 or more. You win the tOSU bet and lose the PSU bet. It's a push.

Scenario 3: Either team wins by 7 or less. You lose the tOSU bet and you lose the PSU bet. You owe me 2x your net worth plus 2x your buying power. We can set up a payment plan.

Is that thought through enough for you?

You wanted to make this about guts, when it was really about brains. You win the battle of guts.

Yeah i get it. Sorry it took me long to figurr out.  In my defense i did say i made a mistske and wouldnt take penn st plus 8

16 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Because I have grammar issues because I type with big fingers on a small phone I am devoid of the 3 "r's"? 

That is idiotic and you are being a bully.  Chances are I went to the better schools between us and received the higher degree with better grades than you.  Worms like you dont intimidate me.  I believe you are a coward.  I think you wound  compmetely change the way you talk to me if we were to meet face to face.  But when you can hide behind a screen you act as a bully.  That is one difference between us.  I dont bully people and I do not say things to ramdom people that I would be agraid to sau to Deontae Wilder. 

Back to the bet. I said Penn st was going to win by 8.  They won by 4 I think.  So Ohio St plus 8 was the winner.  If someone would have bet Ohio St plus 8 and but an equal amount on Penn St -8 then the person would have lost the Penn St bet and the juice.  Betting both ways was a losed because only one side won.

You make a lot of threats to people. Very Christian of you.

4 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

What threats have I made? I never threatened anything.  I am stating certain behaviors would change in person. Is that a threat?

Yes, that is actually the definition of a threat.

3 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Yes, that is actually the definition of a threat.

No its not. I actually stated my behavior would not change. 

That guy was a jerk and i stated he wouldn't have the courage to be a jerk in my presence.  Im talking about his actions not mine. 

By definition not threat in any way.  Im simply cslling out a bully.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Don't paint with too broad of a brush - KMF can flat-out cipher!  :)

3 hours ago, ionel said:

well sure who cant cipher with a 6 pack of truth siram and if use gonna tell me u ain't never had a good pbr ima gonna call you a liar 

What did I accuse you of saying that you did not?  

In my short time on this site I bet I have brought more original content than you.  This is a wrestling site. Why do you feel need to be insulting?

Edited by shieldofpistis

37 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

In my short time on this site I bet I have brought more original content than you.  This is a wrestling site. Why do you feel need to be insulting?

Hast thou considered removing the beam from thy own eye?

Just now, jross said:

The people I know that are humble let others give them that label.  Think about it.

That is actually what I did.  You called me arrogant.  I responded that the people who know me say  I am humble. I let them label me.  Dont be foolish.  I practice exactly what you recommened.  Now ler us let it go. 

2 minutes ago, jross said:

The people I know that are humble let others give them that label.  Think about it.

Nonsense. For example,  I am extremely humble. The humblest of them all. Perhaps Donald Trump could exceed my humility but I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

That is actually what I did.  You called me arrogant.  I responded that the people who know me say  I am humble. I let them label me.  Dont be foolish.  I practice exactly what you recommened.  Now ler us let it go. 

Rule 312 of humbledom is to never use the word humble to describe yourself in a conversation with others.  If we were face to face, I would ask if you've heard the Indian philosopher  saying "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you are not like him.”  What does that saying mean and what actions have you taken on this post?  For pleasantness sake, turn your other cheek.

What label best describes the nature of these comments?

• See i know what im talking about
  • In my short time on this site I bet I have brought more original content than you
  • Who is the real loser?

What are these examples of?

• Worms like you don't intimidate me.
  • Chances are I went to the better schools between us and received the higher degree with better grades than you. 
  • Plus jimmy c wants his winnings to go to nlwc.  I want mine to.only go to Christian organizations

7 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

You make a lot of threats to people. Very Christian of you.

There is no threat in there!!!!  Get off it.  You are really being a snowflake.  I said nothing threatening.  You can't prove it.  You should apologize.  But I am kind of tired of it.  So why don't we let it go.  

Why don't you respond to my mail? Is it not more Christian to handle disputes in private?  Yes, very much so.  I really don't think you want to debate theology with me.  We are here to talk about wrestling anyway.  And you probably know a lot more about wrestling than I do.  Even though I am winning our bet.  But still, I am here to learn.  I am 42 and next year I want to wrestle at a tournament.  It sounds crazy.  My wife was against it.  But I told her if I didn't wrestle I would go back to boxing.  So she gladly accepted the wrestling.  I would like this site to help me mentally prepare me.  I am pretty certain I have theology over you.  But on that same token, you have wrestling over me.  And I am in need of that.  So what about peace?