shieldofpistis

I confident Penn St defeats Ohio St by at least 8

1 hour ago, jross said:

Rule 312 of humbledom is to never use the word humble to describe yourself in a conversation with others.  If we were face to face, I would ask if you've heard the Indian philosopher  saying "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you are not like him.”  What does that saying mean and what actions have you taken on this post?  For pleasantness sake, turn your other cheek.

What label best describes the nature of these comments?

• See i know what im talking about
  • In my short time on this site I bet I have brought more original content than you
  • Who is the real loser?

What are these examples of?

• Worms like you don't intimidate me.
  • Chances are I went to the better schools between us and received the higher degree with better grades than you. 
  • Plus jimmy c wants his winnings to go to nlwc.  I want mine to.only go to Christian organizations

I made mistakes with what I typed.  I had a right to defend myself from a bully.  But I should have shown more class and not sink to his level.  It was frustrating because he would not stop referring me to Jimmy C, and I told him if he went to my youtube page he could see for certain I am not him.  Thank you for enlightening me.  I will do better in the future. Or try to. 

1 hour ago, jross said:

Rule 312 of humbledom is to never use the word humble to describe yourself in a conversation with others.  If we were face to face, I would ask if you've heard the Indian philosopher  saying "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you are not like him.”  What does that saying mean and what actions have you taken on this post?  For pleasantness sake, turn your other cheek.

What label best describes the nature of these comments?

• See i know what im talking about
  • In my short time on this site I bet I have brought more original content than you
  • Who is the real loser?

What are these examples of?

• Worms like you don't intimidate me.
  • Chances are I went to the better schools between us and received the higher degree with better grades than you. 
  • Plus jimmy c wants his winnings to go to nlwc.  I want mine to.only go to Christian organizations

If you hold a new time poster- me- to this high threshhold, I wonder why you haven't said anything negative about Ionel though.  He has been the bully in this. I reacted wrongly to him, but I did try to make him strop by asking him nicely about three or four times.  JROSS, please be consistent. 

6 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

There is no threat in there!!!!  Get off it.  You are really being a snowflake.  I said nothing threatening.  You can't prove it.  You should apologize.  But I am kind of tired of it.  So why don't we let it go.  

Why don't you respond to my mail? Is it not more Christian to handle disputes in private?  Yes, very much so.  I really don't think you want to debate theology with me.  We are here to talk about wrestling anyway.  And you probably know a lot more about wrestling than I do.  Even though I am winning our bet.  But still, I am here to learn.  I am 42 and next year I want to wrestle at a tournament.  It sounds crazy.  My wife was against it.  But I told her if I didn't wrestle I would go back to boxing.  So she gladly accepted the wrestling.  I would like this site to help me mentally prepare me.  I am pretty certain I have theology over you.  But on that same token, you have wrestling over me.  And I am in need of that.  So what about peace?

What are you talking about?! I saw your mail and replied. We are good, not sure why you’re quoting this again as I said in the PM I was just ribbing you and took it too far. Above this post you will also see where I made a plea about leaving you alone and that you were a good guy....

3 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

What are you talking about?! I saw your mail and replied. We are good, not sure why you’re quoting this again as I said in the PM I was just ribbing you and took it too far. Above this post you will also see where I made a plea about leaving you alone and that you were a good guy....

I can't find your email.  Are you sure you sent it to me?  

Thank you for being at peace.  Forgive my mistakes.  I am learning how to interact in an online community.  Thank you for being able to put everything behind you and start over. 

Just now, shieldofpistis said:

I can't find your email.  Are you sure you sent it to me?  

Thank you for being at peace.  Forgive my mistakes.  I am learning how to interact in an online community.  Thank you for being able to put everything behind you and start over. 

Yeah no worries, just a heads up a lot of **** talking occurs here between people. I’ve taken it too far a few times but always apologize.

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

If you hold a new time poster- me- to this high threshhold, I wonder why you haven't said anything negative about Ionel though.  He has been the bully in this. I reacted wrongly to him, but I did try to make him strop by asking him nicely about three or four times.  JROSS, please be consistent. 

TBH - you set yourself to a higher standard when you stated your religion.  Your own belief is enough for your to consider changing your behavior, after you are made aware of it.  Ionel was trolling you to get a rise.   No, you did not deserve it.  The best we can do on this forum is to prevent opportunities for trolling, through careful actions of our own.  When it is too late, recognize when you are being trolled and stop feeding it.  Keep the emotion out of your responses.  Poke fun at yourself (example from me).  You don't have to be right.  You can also report it and if this forum has good moderators, they will address it (banning users for repeat offense).   Comparably, reddit allows for downvoting as a means to shadowban users; a feature gap on this forum.

My perception was that you misinterpreted ionel's initial intent.  His first comment seemed like a joke, more at JC's expense than yours, and all in good fun.  I considered a light-weight form of community hazing and somewhat humorous if you followed JC bets.  You didn't read it that way and perceived it as a mean attack.  Your first response was defensive "Don't compare me."  This dug yourself a little hole.  Ionel trolled with his implicit comment that one couldn't win a bet against himself.  From there, you were angry and full-on engaged in a defensive mindset.  You tell him to 'apply logic' and continue defending against a JC comparison.  Then you state something that reads like a challenge to "say it to your face."  Finally you dug yourself a large hole by stating your Christian religion.  That statement made your defensive behavior look worse.  Christians want to be sinless -- an impossible standard and one that causes everyone to scrutinize you closely...  Your defensive comments were snacks for more trolling; "JC and new guy bad at betting."  At that point, your actions turned to more defensiveness "I won more bets" and insulting/labeling "Who is the loser?"  Then the community, and not just ionel, was hawk-eying your comments and all your mistakes were magnified - math, writing, putting words in other's mouths. 

Your last quote has one piece of humbleness to it "I reacted wrongly" and is defensive through deflection "look at what others are doing."  Take accountability for yourself and let others take it for themselves.  FWIW - if I was a moderator of this forum, the only ionel post that I'd consider unacceptable was the 3Rs post.  If you reported it, I'd warn him and would also warn you.  Note: I have reported repeat labeling behavior before but did not do so here.

Edited by jross

49 minutes ago, jross said:

TBH - you set yourself to a higher standard when you stated your religion.  Your own belief is enough for your to consider changing your behavior, after you are made aware of it.  Ionel was trolling you to get a rise.   No, you did not deserve it.  The best we can do on this forum is to prevent opportunities for trolling, through careful actions of our own.  When it is too late, recognize when you are being trolled and stop feeding it.  Keep the emotion out of your responses.  Poke fun at yourself (example from me).  You don't have to be right.  You can also report it and if this forum has good moderators, they will address it (banning users for repeat offense).   Comparably, reddit allows for downvoting as a means to shadowban users; a feature gap on this forum.

My perception was that you misinterpreted ionel's initial intent.  His first comment seemed like a joke, more at JC's expense than yours, and all in good fun.  I considered a light-weight form of community hazing and somewhat humorous if you followed JC bets.  You didn't read it that way and perceived it as a mean attack.  Your first response was defensive "Don't compare me."  This dug yourself a little hole.  Ionel trolled with his implicit comment that one couldn't win a bet against himself.  From there, you were angry and full-on engaged in a defensive mindset.  You tell him to 'apply logic' and continue defending against a JC comparison.  Then you state something that reads like a challenge to "say it to your face."  Finally you dug yourself a large hole by stating your Christian religion.  That statement made your defensive behavior look worse.  Christians want to be sinless -- an impossible standard and one that causes everyone to scrutinize you closely...  Your defensive comments were snacks for more trolling; "JC and new guy bad at betting."  At that point, your actions turned to more defensiveness "I won more bets" and insulting/labeling "Who is the loser?"  Then the community, and not just ionel, was hawk-eying your comments and all your mistakes were magnified - math, writing, putting words in other's mouths. 

Your last quote has one piece of humbleness to it "I reacted wrongly" and is defensive through deflection "look at what others are doing."  Take accountability for yourself and let others take it for themselves.  FWIW - if I was a moderator of this forum, the only ionel post that I'd consider unacceptable was the 3Rs post.  If you reported it, I'd warn him and would also warn you.  Note: I have reported repeat labeling behavior before but did not do so here.

I think your timelime is off a little.  I actually asked ionel to stop calling me Jimmy C in a mail and I gave him evidence of why I wasn't him- but he ignored it.   I lost one bet on Penn State minus 8, but won three bets- 2 were because Nick Lee won and 1 was because Penn St. won outright.  So I'm not sure why I'm being called a bad better.  But I mean, it doesn't really matter in the long run.  Thinking about it, it actually works in my favor if people think I"m a bad better. 

I am not sure you know half of what ionel actually did say----but you are right.  I am accountable for my words, not his.  He will have to stand before God, and so will I.  We won't be judged for each other's sins.  The goal of a Christian, by the way, is to be faithful, not to be sinless. 

Thank you for correcting me.  I am sorry that I let immature bullying get under my skin.  I reacted, I did not respond.  I ask for your forgiveness so we can put this whole thing behind us.  I agree with you that I escalated the conflict by how I reacted.  

On 2/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, treep2000 said:

@TBar1977 should appreciate this...

Buckeye homer time (but realistic homer):

149 - Sasso dec. Verk.  Verk kept it close with Micah.  Verk keeps it close with Sasso.  7-6 PSU

Nice job.  You nailed it!  

Did anyone pick up the broadcast comment that Sasso has pinned Verk before and that Verk has teched Sasso in freestyle?  

2018 U.S. Junior World Team Trials

Jarod Verkleeren (65 kg) lost his first match, 2-2 criteria to Sammy Sasso. Jarod then won several straight matches to place third in the challenge tournament. In the match for the bronze, Jarod faced Sasso again and scored a 15-4 victory in the rematch.  Verk also won against Gfeller and Murin.

Capture.jpg

Edited by jross