HurricaneWrestling2

Iowa - Minnesota Discussion Thread...

40 minutes ago, Perry said:

Do you deny young stalled on top? You're deflecting to what you believe he did in neutral despite his inability to score

He did and was warned for it, so I don't know what your complaint is. It's a rideout. The whole point is to ride. If you want to talk about stalling, talk about your guy taking one shot the whole match.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Gable seems so indifferent about may wrestling, it may cost him against Parris.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It seems to me Gable really only cares about freestyle. I think Folk, and UofM is just a free degree to him.

His talent level is greater than anyone else.  However Parris is close enough that his passion and drive couple with close athleticism may be enough to clip Gable this year, or in the years to come.

In freestyle give me Gable, but folk style is a coin flip imo.

13 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I dont think so. Im not confident in 84 at all.

I think it may be unlikely because of 84, but it’s possible. Assad has an outside chance. The other 9 all have really good chances. I was unsure about Murin, but he really showed me something to tonight. Murin just needs to avoid Red (and Demas in my opinion) in wrestlebacks and he will be fine. I like Real Woods a lot, but the reality of his season is that his best result is a close loss to Pletcher. Murin will be way more battle tested in March. 

18 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I think it may be unlikely because of 84, but it’s possible. Assad has an outside chance. The other 9 all have really good chances. I was unsure about Murin, but he really showed me something to tonight. Murin just needs to avoid Red (and Demas in my opinion) in wrestlebacks and he will be fine. I like Real Woods a lot, but the reality of his season is that his best result is a close loss to Pletcher. Murin will be way more battle tested in March. 

Sleep on real woods to your own demise 

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Sleep on real woods to your own demise 

I said in another thread that I think he’s a dark horse title contender. But I still do think a lot of other guys will he more battle tested that him coming into the tournament.

1 hour ago, Rk_Kerk said:

It seems to me Gable really only cares about freestyle. I think Folk, and UofM is just a free degree to him.

His talent level is greater than anyone else.  However Parris is close enough that his passion and drive couple with close athleticism may be enough to clip Gable this year, or in the years to come.

In freestyle give me Gable, but folk style is a coin flip imo.

It's weird. Gable doesn't seem to want to destroy you and if you look at the score vs. Cassioppi it was 7-5 but Gable was 100% in control that entire match, Cassioppi wasn't even a speedbump. He hit Cassioppi which gave him one point and simply let him go for the other 4. 

Then again...He looks so nonchalant but aside from Cassar no one has ever really given him any trouble.

5 minutes ago, lost said:

Does Iowa lose a single starter this year if Kem comes back for a 6th year?  I feel like the majority of their top guys are juniors.

We lose Lugo, but gain Eierman. 

12 hours ago, Perry said:

Do you deny young stalled on top? You're deflecting to what you believe he did in neutral despite his inability to score

Do you deny that most, if not all, PSU guys stall on top hooking the leg with a quarter and dropping to a leg off stand ups? 

Edited by Daybreak

18 hours ago, Gopher82 said:

Roids do that to you

No.

I’ve been watching the Lugo’s wrestle since they we literally in kindergarten. The dad has always been jacked and up close you can tell it’s not a “juiced” body. He’s actually a short guy, but obviously has a very muscled upper body - especially the pipes.

Nice guy, too, as is the entire family. 

16 hours ago, Rooving said:

It's weird. Gable doesn't seem to want to destroy you and if you look at the score vs. Cassioppi it was 7-5 but Gable was 100% in control that entire match, Cassioppi wasn't even a speedbump. He hit Cassioppi which gave him one point and simply let him go for the other 4. 

Then again...He looks so nonchalant but aside from Cassar no one has ever really given him any trouble.

Parris will give him problems.  He may not win (although I think he will), but he'll coming the entire match.  I'm not sure how Gable will respond to that pressure.

19 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

You can’t be serious. DeSanto screams like he suffered a severe injury against RBY and comes back tonight trying to be the tough guy again. Cats out of the bag. He’s Charmin soft. 

If you really think DeSanto's soft, you're delusional.

I'm pretty far from an Iowa, or Desanto, fan, but he's absolutely tough.  The RBY match was obviously an anomaly, but he didn't consciously quit, and I suspect he's learned from the experience.

Glad to see he's back, and that any injury was minor.

19 hours ago, russelscout said:

With Lugo only having one loss, should he be number 1?

Unless you're ranking purely by algorithm (without any judgment), I think 2 is correct.

Sasso beat him, and at Carver, and avenged both of his earlier losses.

8 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Unless you're ranking purely by algorithm (without any judgment), I think 2 is correct.

Sasso beat him, and at Carver, and avenged both of his earlier losses.

I dont really have a problem with it, but with flo touting consistency, how can you ignore Sasso's 2 losses especially with Lugo likely having the tougher schedule. 

5 hours ago, whaletail said:

Parris will give him problems.  He may not win (although I think he will), but he'll coming the entire match.  I'm not sure how Gable will respond to that pressure.

I agree that Parris is the only person in the country that can give Gable any problems this year. I'd be flabbergasted if he lost to any other person.

16 hours ago, whaletail said:

If Parris is going after Gable the whole match, Parris is going to get majored.

21 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Compare how uninterested Gable looks and think Mark Hall. At times he looks as if he is bored on the mat.

Maybe something in the water in Apple Valley, Minnesota?

I see them as very similar as well. Baffles me. 

21 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Compare how uninterested Gable looks and think Mark Hall. At times he looks as if he is bored on the mat.

Maybe something in the water in Apple Valley, Minnesota?

Maybe it's a result of treating wrestling like its a job since they were in 7th grade?

On 2/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, russelscout said:

I dont think so. Im not confident in 84 at all.

Has Brands confirmed that 184 is Wilcke’s going into the postseason? I guess it has to be since there’s so little runway left before B1Gs but I’m wondering if he and Abe will wrestle off or something.

3 minutes ago, pamela said:

Has Brands confirmed that 184 is Wilcke’s going into the postseason? I guess it has to be since there’s so little runway left before B1Gs but I’m wondering if he and Abe will wrestle off or something.

Assad had a minor injury, he will be back this week from the sounds of it.