HurricaneWrestling2

Hey Mr. Moderator - Question re: "Reactions"

What is the limit on the number of "reactions" we can have per day?  And why do we even have a limit?

I suggest the limit be abolished - or at least raised.

Also, I got the "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" message on my first reaction attempt today. I always assumed that the reaction period ran from 00:01 to 24:00 Eastern time, but maybe not.

Signed,

Poster in Reaction Jail

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

5 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

What is the limit on the number of "reactions" we can have per day?  And why do we even have a limit?

Also, I got the "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" message on my first reaction attempt today. I always assumed that the reaction period ran from 00:01 to 24:00 Eastern time, but maybe not.

Signed,

Poster in Reaction Jail

I think the limit is probably so someone like Cinnabon can’t make multiple alt accounts and give himself a zillion likes. Just a guess though. I’ve had the same problem where my first like of the day will say I’m already out for the day. 

19 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Signed,

Poster in Reaction Jail

While were at Mods, if poster in Reaction Jail shouldn't he only get one phone call, er post call?  

;)

10 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

What’s the harm in someone liking too many posts? I guess they don’t want to ruin the negative vibes here with too many hearts or laughy faces lol. I never understood this

True lol. I don’t really care about likes and I’m sure a lot of people feel the same. But the guys that have been here for 10+ years posting probably wouldn’t want someone like Cinnabon having 10,000 likes. To new people it would look like he’s one of the better contributors and then the board looks like it’s just a bunch of trolls. I don’t know though, that’s all I got haha. 

Can they make a bitch slap reaction? You know, like for cinnabon?

I tried to find Gable Steveson’s slap to Cassioppi the other night but this is as close as I could find:   https://giphy.com/gifs/slap-dave-chappelle-rick-james-gfkETzKFBSkBW

Edited by MedicineMan

15 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

True lol. I don’t really care about likes and I’m sure a lot of people feel the same. But the guys that have been here for 10+ years posting probably wouldn’t want someone like Cinnabon having 10,000 likes. To new people it would look like he’s one of the better contributors and then the board looks like it’s just a bunch of trolls. I don’t know though, that’s all I got haha. 

I don’t really think that would be a problem but if it is, why not just make It that you can’t like your own posts? Maybe it’s not that simple, but that makes more sense to me than a reaction limit.

edit: I guess you can’t like you own posts anymore.

Edited by Eagle26

4 minutes ago, Iscored2onu said:

Why does anyone really care about reactions?  I'm really curious.  Is it board "street cred"?  Is there another value to the reactions?

Most of us are here because we subsist on external validation.

8 minutes ago, Iscored2onu said:

Why does anyone really care about reactions?  I'm really curious.  Is it board "street cred"?  Is there another value to the reactions?

It's a simple gesture of thanks, appreciation or agreement without having to clutter a thread like:

person1: makes a statement

person 2: "yes, I agree"

person 3: "me too"

person 4: "me three"

person 5: "ha ha, person 1 said something funny and I laughed"

person 6: "I also laughed"

Edited by pamela