Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Sebastian Rivera is Back

7 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Rivera hasn’t wrestled any of the “top 5” guys besides gross which he lost. So probably is what I would say. 

B10 doesn’t have a set seeding criteria do they?  I think earlier someone claimed they do take into account previous year results?

Do they have a good old fashioned seeding meeting?  If so, I could see Goodale pushing hard for Alvarez to get the 5.  But I could also see most of the other coaches realizing that you probably don’t want Rivera/RBY/DeSanto all on the same side.

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

B10 doesn’t have a set seeding criteria do they?  I think earlier someone claimed they do take into account previous year results?

Do they have a good old fashioned seeding meeting?  If so, I could see Goodale pushing hard for Alvarez to get the 5.  But I could also see most of the other coaches realizing that you probably don’t want Rivera/RBY/DeSanto all on the same side.

Those 4 should be a semi final matchup. 

The problem with seeding Rivera is we all know how good he is, but he doesn't have the results to get anything higher than the 6 seed, but could be lower, because Ridge Lovett is having a good season and is actualy getting matches at the weight, even though nobody thinks Ridge is better than Seabass.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

The problem with seeding Rivera is we all know how good he is, but he doesn't have the results to get anything higher than the 6 seed, but could be lower, because Ridge Lovett is having a good season and is actualy getting matches at the weight, even though nobody thinks Ridge is better than Seabass.

Pretty similar to the Kolodzik situation. We all know how good Kolodzik is, but his results are nowhere near other guys at 149. He’s going to go into the tourney with 1 ranked win, assuming he beats Clarke of American in their conference tourney. 

48 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I don’t see any way he’s lower than 6.  Despite the limited action, he does have a common opponent advantage over Lovett, as he majored Skudlarcyck at CKLV who beat Lovett 8-2.

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t see any way he’s lower than 6.  Despite the limited action, he does have a common opponent advantage over Lovett, as he majored Skudlarcyck at CKLV who beat Lovett 8-2.

I think he's the #5 seed at bigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcnZeDRGuo&t=3s

Rivera looks bigger and stronger. Going to be very interesting!

OT: I realize that it's at Maryland, but look at how many people are in the stands! 50? 100?

And notice that they're having a gymnastics meet at the same time. That used to be common, but I didn't think any Big 10 schools still did it.

Edited by fightingsioux
punctuation

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcnZeDRGuo&t=3s

Rivera looks bigger and stronger. Going to be very interesting!

OT: I realize that it's at Maryland, but look at how many people are in the stands! 50? 100?

And notice that they're having a gymnastics meet at the same time. That used to be common, but I didn't think any Big 10 schools still did it.

Cornell did it today as well. They had the gymnastics mat right beside the wrestling mat for their dual with UNC. Crowd seemed pretty big too. 

Edited by goheels1812