Sign in to follow this  
goheels1812

Which school will you never pull for?

2 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

Got into Harvard, Penn and Columbia but ended up a Hokie? Don't understand that one.

Full academic scholarship to VT. No debt, easy choice. I don’t come from money, no college savings so it was scholarship or the military.

Just now, HokieHWT said:

Full academic scholarship to VT. No debt, easy choice. I don’t come from money, no college savings so it was scholarship or the military.

And I’m glad it did bc they paid for my masters and PhD as well. I don’t regret it.

On 2/16/2020 at 10:34 PM, HokieHWT said:

UVa. Got into Harvard, Penn, and Columbia but not UVA. Never understood that one.

Wait,  always thought you wrestled at VA Tech?  If you got into these schools........................why Va Tech?

On 2/16/2020 at 5:53 PM, Marcus Cisero said:

For me it would have to be a portion of Rutgers (not fair to the kids to dislike an entire team). I do not care for Scott Goodale's coaching style and a few of his wrestlers.

Just mentioned this in another post.  I wrestled in NJ and strongly dislike the NJ attitude on the mat!  Goodale reinforces that Jersey attitude.  Plenty of NJ Guys do not!

6 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

Never mind, I didn't see your reply.  Congratulations!  We need athlethics  and academics!  I often wonder why you would go to Ivy vs great Public when you get no $$.

Yeah I wanted to go to UVA and do pre-law but wasn’t accepted, thus no scholarship money.

USC Trojans. 

A bunch of rich kids who couldn't get into a much less expensive and far superior academically university like Michigan, Berkeley, or UCLA, so they had daddy buy them a diploma at USC.

Oh yeah, did I mention they never had a D1 wrestling team, ever.

2 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

That’s good parenting.  My mom told me, “Either you get into college for free, or you will be working during the day, going to community college at night and paying me rent.”  UNLESS you are FLWC, that is not a good deal.  

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

Just mentioned this in another post.  I wrestled in NJ and strongly dislike the NJ attitude on the mat!  Goodale reinforces that Jersey attitude.  Plenty of NJ Guys do not!

The only plus on goodale is that he is starting to really break the tradition of really good NJ wrestlers dropping out of college.  I never thought Bergen would be a pipeline to RU, but I guess the B1G Helped in that respect.  Rutgers used to be where top 10 overall recruits went to die.  It was a graveyard.  

Is the NJ attitude one of whining or shrugging to referees?  I have noticed that, however, I think that NJ wrestlers are just emulating Kyle Dake.  In college, some NJ guys can’t handle having more losses their freshman year than they had in 4 years of HS.  

Purdue- I loath all things Purdue.  

Oregon- Just google "save oregon wrestling" and you will agree.

Notre Dame- Pretty much the same story as Oregon but not quite as shady...maybe.

Duke- But not becuase of Duke Wrestling.  I like Duke Wrestling.