Lurker

Shots Fired! (Chamizo)

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah we kind of talked about this in the other thread. I wouldn't be surprise of Gazi could beat Sidakov, he seems to beat everyone not named Chamizo (jk... kinda). He's a killer. I was hoping @sidakova4991 had some perspective on this, but don't think he has said anything yet. 
I know he had those knee issues, but
Beat Baev at the Yarygin this year crushed everyone else, beasted everyone at the Euro's including Kentchadze (who's gives Sidakov fits)
Has that crushing of Yazdani in the world finals (years ago)...
I don't know... he's good, but who knows how he compares? Hopefully he gets a wrestle-off

Edited by spladle08

How easy is it to say "my training is at 50%" when you were soundly handled?? 

Everyone around the world's talks about how hard Chamizo is to score on and then we he does get scored on...it's because.....he's injured. He's a shell of the guy who used to go back and forth with Romanov, seems like the high end guys have found the minor flaws. I hope to see him back to his 2015/2016 days not only for him, but for the massive amount of people who keep blaming his injuries when he loses.....

31 minutes ago, MrDream said:

How easy is it to say "my training is at 50%" when you were soundly handled?? 

Everyone around the world's talks about how hard Chamizo is to score on and then we he does get scored on...it's because.....he's injured. He's a shell of the guy who used to go back and forth with Romanov, seems like the high end guys have found the minor flaws. I hope to see him back to his 2015/2016 days not only for him, but for the massive amount of people who keep blaming his injuries when he loses.....

I mean, he loses to Burroughs and Sidakov...  wouldn't quite say "Shell of himself"

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah we kind of talked about this in the other thread. I wouldn't be surprise of Gazi could beat Sidakov, he seems to beat everyone not named Chamizo (jk... kinda). He's a killer. I was hoping @sidakova4991 had some perspective on this, but don't think he has said anything yet. 
Beat Baev at the Yarygin this year crushed everyone else, beasted everyone at the Euro's including Kentchadze (who's gives Sidakov fits)
I don't know... he's good, but who knows how he compares? Hopefully he gets a wrestle-off

And he would have probably beat Chamizo if not for a botched call in the second period, they gave him one when he clearly should have gotten two for the takedown out of bounds.

I understand the russian system of "proving yourself at the olympic cycle to get the spot at the olympics" (Sidakov beat A. Kentchadze, both Chamizo and Burroughs twice to win 74 two times in a row, that's ridiculous good!), but I would like to see a wrestle-off between Gazi and Sidakov, especially seeing how that match of Gazi against Chamizo was wrongly scored.

Edited by Axe_Spartan

Chamizo spoke about Dake in an interview about the Matteo Pellicone.  "My knee is good but not 100% and there is nobody there.  I don't want to risk.  I prefer to wrestle for the European.  I like the opportunity to wrestle Dake but I can't do what the associate media wants.  I don't know.  I don't know.  Looking forward to Dake but it is difficult to explain, I don't know.  I can't make everyone happy.  It is important that I get to the #1 ranking."  This sounded to me like a strategy to reduce the chance to take a loss in a rankings event.  He was open to wrestle Dake at Beat the Streets or somewhere else.  Chamizo is on his way to the Olympics and that is his focus -- he is training for the best.

Edited by jross

1 minute ago, jross said:

Chamizo spoke about Dake in an interview about the Matteo Pellicone.  "My knee is good but not 100% and there is nobody there.  I don't want to risk.  I prefer to wrestle for the European.  I like the opportunity to wrestle Dake but I can't do what the associate media wants.  I don't know.  I don't know.  Looking forward to Dake but it is difficult to explain, I don't know.  I can't make everyone happy.  It is important that I get to the #1 ranking."  This sounded to me like a strategy to reduce the chance to take a loss in a rankings event.  He was open to wrestle Dake at Beat the Streets or somewhere else.  Chamizo is on his way to the Olympics and that is his focus -- he is training for the best.

I don't think losing at a ranking series event takes any points away, same as not competing. But I do think winning the Euros was more important, and if he had nothing to gain from the Pellicone appearance, no need to risk further injury.
Really would love to see him and Dake though, I think it'll be excellent when it happens.

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I don't think losing at a ranking series event takes any points away, same as not competing. But I do think winning the Euros was more important, and if he had nothing to gain from the Pellicone appearance, no need to risk further injury.
Really would love to see him and Dake though, I think it'll be excellent when it happens.

Yea you are correct.  Even if Chamizo took silver or bronze, he would had gained points.  Maybe he wanted to save his knee for the more important Euro tourny.  The Chamizo / Dake match would be fun.  

14 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

This is a guy who only competes when he knows he’s the best or when he has too. Depending on his seed he may never win another medal. 

Really good point, constantly dodges just enough to get the 1 seed, in a format that rewards competing.
Hopefully our guys find this same loophole and don't compete enough to get the #1 this year.

If any competitors would like to adjust where they may sit in a bracket then they CAN ADJUST via global competition; if any competitors choose to not, then they are at the whim of a bracket's mercy. Don't expect me to give a $hit if Burroughs had a bad draw when he had the exact same opportunities, with more money than every country except maybe Russia??, as everyone competitor across the world.

Compete more, get a better seed/draw, the end. Did I miss a step for our world elite?

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Really good point, constantly dodges just enough to get the 1 seed, in a format that rewards competing.
Hopefully our guys find this same loophole and don't compete enough to get the #1 this year.

He can get a good seed, but the draw still remains random. If the other top guys don’t accumulate the seeding points then he could see someone very good in the first round, happened to Taylor and Yazdani.

15 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He can get a good seed, but the draw still remains random. If the other top guys don’t accumulate the seeding points then he could see someone very good in the first round, happened to Taylor and Yazdani.

As returning World Medalist Sidakov and JB have plenty of points, if Dake or Gazimagomedov  become their teams rep sure he could have a real bad opening draw.
Other than that who do you see taking him out early? I know Demirtas has gotten him once before a couple of years ago with that last second push-out.
But i guess he's clear top 3 in the world to me (as in the last 2 World championships he has only lost to JB and Sidakov) and he has now won the last 2 euros at this weight (Bronze in 2017 as we discussed with the pushout) and you're implying he's only a medalist if he avoids a certain draw? 
Hate to say you're a hater.. but i mean... you're a hater

Edited by spladle08

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

As returning World Medalist Sidakov and JB have plenty of points, if Dake or Gazimagomedov  become their teams rep sure he could have a real bad opening draw.
Other than that who do you see taking him out early? I know Demirtas has gotten him once before a couple of years ago with that last second push-out.
But i guess he's clear top 3 in the world to me (as in the last 2 World championships he has only lost to JB and Sidakov) and he has now won the last 2 euros at this weight (Bronze in 2017 as we discussed with the pushout) and you're implying he's only a medalist if he avoids a certain draw? 
Hate to say you're a hater.. but i mean... you're a hater

JB is 7th in points so no shot he gets seeded so their goes your theory, Sidakov is 2nd so he’s clear of him though. 

JB is 7th in points so no shot he gets seeded so their goes your theory, Sidakov is 2nd so he’s clear of him though. 
I guess I forgot JB isnt going to compete in any of the events. That said.
Ok so he could get JB or Dake early.. lets say he loses... then what he likely wrestles for bronze.... I dont get where you say him medaling is dependent on draw ?

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

This is a good reason for a true double elimination tournament with seeding - at least for top 8 or so. No question about where you stand as you wrestle the tournament. You keep winning, you can go for #1. You lose and you still have a chance to place. At the very least you get two matches - no more "one and done" which cheats wrestlers, teams and fans.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:28 AM, Axe_Spartan said:

And he would have probably beat Chamizo if not for a botched call in the second period, they gave him one when he clearly should have gotten two for the takedown out of bounds.

I understand the russian system of "proving yourself at the olympic cycle to get the spot at the olympics" (Sidakov beat A. Kentchadze, both Chamizo and Burroughs twice to win 74 two times in a row, that's ridiculous good!), but I would like to see a wrestle-off between Gazi and Sidakov, especially seeing how that match of Gazi against Chamizo was wrongly scored.

I think its going to be interesting...I am sure Gazi is going to explore all his options to get a wrestle-off with Sidakov. I think, he might win against Sidakov. My gut says Russia will send Sidakov anyway ( considering he beat both JB and Chamizo twice already), but its going to really interesting to see the whole drama with wrestle-off...lets see how it goes

On 2/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, spladle08 said:

He never beat Baev this year, he beat Zhamalov in the finals.

But Chamizo is just lying to himself.  He had a really weak draw at the Worlds last year, and the first good wrestler he faced was Sidakov in the entire tournament, and Sidakov controlled him.  

Gazimagomedov is great, he beat Tsabolov and Zhamalov - two really tough wrestlers, but Sidakov has a better chance at 74 to get gold.  I really cannot see Gazimagomedov beating Burroughs, Chamizo, and even Dake.

Sidakov is 3-1 vs. Chamizo, Frank is just acting salty and pretending that Sidakov is ducking him.  He will beat him again..  

He never beat Baev this year, he beat Zhamalov in the finals.

Yeah i just looked, they (he and Baev) wrestled back in the 2019 Yarygin. 2-2 criteria win for Gazi.

Thanks for your take on the matchup.

*do you think they will wrestle-off... or just make a decision they feel is best for the team. ?