Sign in to follow this  
okwrestle

Okie State v Iowa sun feb 24

think the cowboys will take it on the chin this time.

125  Lee by major   4-0

133  Desanto by major or tech   8-0

141  Murin by dec  11-0

149 Lewellan by dec 11-3 (50/50)

157  Young by dec 14-3 (sheets improving but not enough)

165 Marinelli by dec 17-3 (whitlake good frosh so hold to a dec)

174  Kemerer by major 21-3 (Smith struggling)

184  Montalvo by dec 21-6 (going with slight upset)

197  Wood by dec  24-6 (will be a tight one)

UNL Cass by fall 30-6  ( no contest)

Worst case this could be a shutout - best case Cowboys pick up upset at 157 and 197 

I got Lee by decision, not major. I think it'll be close to major though, like their last match (11-4 Lee).

Real tough matchup for OSU. I think Geer/Lewallen are their best shots to win, and not sure either of those guys should be favored.

Don't be surprised if Iowa gets a backup or two some action. That's what I'd do in a potential blowout like this dual, get some youngsters a little experience.

It's sometimes mildly shocking how good this Iowa team is and they are going to be better next year.

I still say they try to get Kemerer to 184 and throw an AA caliber Nelson Brands out at 174 and redshirt Assad.

6 minutes ago, Boompa said:

It's sometimes mildly shocking how good this Iowa team is and they are going to be better next year.

I still say they try to get Kemerer to 184 and throw an AA caliber Nelson Brands out at 174 and redshirt Assad.

I think young Nelson needs a lot more work before I'd call him "AA caliber". He's talented, but inconsistent.

15 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Iowa will not score more points next year, they’ll be the favorites going in, but definitely will score more this year then next 

11 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I think young Nelson needs a lot more work before I'd call him "AA caliber". He's talented, but inconsistent.

It's easy to be inconsistent while giving up 10lbs at 184.

13 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Iowa will not score more points next year, they’ll be the favorites going in, but definitely will score more this year then next 

Yup, next year’s race will be a lot more exciting with the Olympics behind us.

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

Kemerer isn’t that tall for a 174 pounder. Plus he’s going to be a finalist favorite this year and next at 174.  Brands at 174 and him at 184 would be two question marks.  I think Assad is an AA next year and maybe this.

They could sit 4 or 5 of Lee, Desanto, Murin, Lugo, Kemererererrr, and Warner and still win the dual comfortably.

They could run an entirely backup squad, save for 184... I want Assad-Montalvo, and still have a helluva dual.

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Anyone else think we see Brands instead of Kemerrrerererrrr at 174?

Also, Smith struggles more the closer to weigh-ins it is.

I would like to see Nelson at his natural weight of 174 against an AA in Joe Smith. That said it is senior night in IC and although Kemerer will probably get a medical year back; on the off chance he doesn’t, Brands will have him on the mat for a proper send off. 

3 hours ago, moose41 said:

Kemerer isn’t that tall for a 174 pounder. Plus he’s going to be a finalist favorite this year and next at 174.  Brands at 174 and him at 184 would be two question marks.  I think Assad is an AA next year and maybe this.

You must be one of those guys last year who doubted he was going to be big enough for 174.

49 minutes ago, Force118 said:

I would like to see Nelson at his natural weight of 174 against an AA in Joe Smith. That said it is senior night in IC and although Kemerer will probably get a medical year back; on the off chance he doesn’t, Brands will have him on the mat for a proper send off. 

I thought he was already approved for next year?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

They could sit 4 or 5 of Lee, Desanto, Murin, Lugo, Kemererererrr, and Warner and still win the dual comfortably.

They could run an entirely backup squad, save for 184... I want Assad-Montalvo, and still have a helluva dual.

Iowa’s back ups would win like 2 matches against OSU don’t be ridiculous, full squad probably throttles them but all back ups against a top 15 team? It wouldn’t be pretty 

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

You must be one of those guys last year who doubted he was going to be big enough for 174.

I was not.  And if I’m Abe Assad no way I’m redshirting with the possibility of being on two National championship teams.

i just think Kemerer-Assad>Brands-Kemerer.

Iowa is going to payback OSU for the beating they took last year. Next year, OSU will be much improved and we will see this dual return to what it should always be for the foreseeable future. 

Some of the weights aren't foregone conclusions. I highly doubt that Spencer picks up bonus points on Picc.

I could certainly see Boo and Montalvo picking up wins in their matches.

Wittlake might be an interesting matchup for Bull... We just don't really know a ton about Wittlake right now.

Which Joe Smith shows up? Does it matter? 

Geer has been struggling, so that's unfortunate. And OSU's heavyweight will probably get pinned. 

Idk... I could easily see this being a 24-12 type dual... I could easily see this being a 32-6 type dual too. 

14 hours ago, moose41 said:

Kemmerer might be in trouble if he runs into a tall/lanky 174 pounder who knows how to use it. Know any top 174 pounders that fit that description? Some guy with unusually long arms (Ed Ruth type).