Sign in to follow this  
okwrestle

Okie State v Iowa sun feb 24

9 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Iowa’s back ups would win like 2 matches against OSU don’t be ridiculous, full squad probably throttles them but all back ups against a top 15 team? It wouldn’t be pretty 

I never said they would win? A 25-10 type match where only the bookends are non-competitive is still a helluva dual to watch.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lee intently looking for the fall, after last years dual, and now in Carver. And I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him get it. 

He might get more than he bargained for. Sometimes Picc upsets people. I think he's got the perfect body shape to take on Lee. Long and lanky, got a tremendous reach. He's strong and quick like a snake. There are positions Picc can achieve because of body "geometry" vs a relatively normal frame (such as Lee's). He can attempt a cradle on Lee from nearly any position because his arms are so long in proportion to Lee's relatively short torso. Anklepicks should nearly be a given.  The trick is whether Picc can get through Lee's defenses on their feet and prevent Lee riding/tilting him into oblivion.  Obviously Picc should choose "neutral" should he make it to the 2nd or 3rd period.

That said I have Lee as a huge favorite. He's a better wrestler than Picc, despite Picc's superior athletic potential. He's stronger to boot. I'll be rooting for Picc, of course, but I'm expecting Lee to win easily.

18 hours ago, Boompa said:

It's easy to be inconsistent while giving up 10lbs at 184.

The upper weights are tough on undersized youngsters. He needs to eat a lot and hit the weights this offseason, grow into 184 honestly. He'll be great if he does it.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

I think if Lee wrestles this will be a great match.  Probably their closest match to date.  I predict a fun but controlled win for Spencer to the tune of 9-6.

Or a first period tech

Even odds of one or the other imo

40 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Spencer will not tech Picc in the first period.  No way.

It’s definitely possible. 

picc’s weakest position by far in bottom and Lee has tuned him for 4 previously. If Lee gets into the right position, he could do it. 

this is not a knock on Picc. He has a legit shot at making the NCAA finals. Lee is just one of the best ever. He Has the highest average score per minute in history. 

40 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Picc is ranked #2-4 for a reason, doubt he gives up a first period tech :D  Late 2nd, 3rd is another story :D

Picc could place 2nd and get teched in the first by Lee. This has more to do with Lee than Picc. 

to Picc’s credit, he tends not to stall against Lee, like most guys. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

It’s definitely possible. 

picc’s weakest position by far in bottom and Lee has tuned him for 4 previously. If Lee gets into the right position, he could do it. 

this is not a knock on Picc. He has a legit shot at making the NCAA finals. Lee is just one of the best ever. He Has the highest average score per minute in history. 

Who did that math?  I wouldn't be shocked if he did, I would just like to see the numbers.

I agree it's definitely in the realm of possible but I will bet a big sum it does not happen next week.

7 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Kemmerer might be in trouble if he runs into a tall/lanky 174 pounder who knows how to use it. Know any top 174 pounders that fit that description? Some guy with unusually long arms (Ed Ruth type).

AValencia? Although I’m not sure I can imagine him giving Kimmer problems.

7 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Kemmerer might be in trouble if he runs into a tall/lanky 174 pounder who knows how to use it. Know any top 174 pounders that fit that description? Some guy with unusually long arms (Ed Ruth type).

I don’t really do that well with innuendo.   Lewis or Amine?   I’m not calling Kemerer a lock but he’s ranked #1 for a reason.   If he’s in the finals this year I’d say as of right now he’s a favorite to be in the finals again next year until proven otherwise.  I didn’t say he’d be a favorite to win.   I think they’ll be fun and exciting matches.

2 hours ago, moose41 said:

I don’t really do that well with innuendo.   Lewis or Amine?   I’m not calling Kemerer a lock but he’s ranked #1 for a reason.   If he’s in the finals this year I’d say as of right now he’s a favorite to be in the finals again next year until proven otherwise.  I didn’t say he’d be a favorite to win.   I think they’ll be fun and exciting matches.

I never said he wasn't the favorite, I just pointed out a potential achilles heel. 

5 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Who did that math?  I wouldn't be shocked if he did, I would just like to see the numbers.

I agree it's definitely in the realm of possible but I will bet a big sum it does not happen next week.

Askren keeps referencing it

7 hours ago, Mokoma said:

I think if Lee wrestles this will be a great match.  Probably their closest match to date.  I predict a fun but controlled win for Spencer to the tune of 9-6.

I'd be happy if Picc kept it that close, especially if Lee was unable to tilt him. Would give Picc a lot of confidence going into NCAAs. 

Did these boys ever wrestle in HS? 

On 2/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

Iowa will not score more points next year, they’ll be the favorites going in, but definitely will score more this year then next 

Do you think that's because they will not be as strong next year or because Penn State and Cornell and others will probably be stronger there by reducing their total? Or a little of both?

31 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Do you think that's because they will not be as strong next year or because Penn State and Cornell and others will probably be stronger there by reducing their total? Or a little of both?

Their lineup will arguably be better next year and there will be a lot of fanfare and hype around Lee if he’s going for 4x, but the brackets next season will be littered with so many more landmines.

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Picc could place 2nd and get teched in the first by Lee. This has more to do with Lee than Picc. 

to Picc’s credit, he tends not to stall against Lee, like most guys. 

Picc could also place 2nd and pin Lee in the first and that would have something to do with Picc. ;)

1 hour ago, ConnorsDad said:

I think Cornell Michigan and most likely penn state can challenge for a title next year along with Iowa. The way I see it 133- loses gross but adds fix and micic so should be tougher next year and could add Vito 

141 - nick lee is back, red, real woods gfeller and possibly yianni depending what weight he goes and if that’s the case Eierman ceiling would probably be 3rd 

149- probably Murin at a weight that returns all the top guys except kolodzik and Lugo 

157- doesn’t lose any top guys and young is a pretty big guy idk if he can handle holding 157 another full season 

165- loses cenzo but marinelli will have the return of Lewis to deal with and he’s lost to Massa before who also will be back so he’s basically the same boat point wise 1st or 2nd

184- loses zahid and lujan but Amine and Dean both come back along with the rest of the weight so it should be just as deep as this year 

197-Moore is gone but Darmstadt, Adams, Brucki, all return plus beard, Sloan who teched Warner last year will be back 

285- Cass is the clear #3 this year but add in Schultz and Kerkvelet and he could fall as far as 5 

i just don’t see how Iowa could score more next year compared to this years potential. They can very will win next year bc everyone beats everyone else up and they take it because they have 10 solid across the board, but Other then 197 and maybe a few more points at 141 from Eierman I don’t see where they’ll be in a stronger position. 125 and 174 I’d pretty much guarantee as finalists this year and next and 165 is pretty close to a guarantee, but other then that there guys will be in deeper weights then this season 

Edited by Antitroll2828