Sign in to follow this  
Katie

Who will the individual champs be?

1 hour ago, MrDream said:

It's hysterical to me how people talk about how Lee gets "tired". Don't you think it's interesting to see that this year he all of a sudden doesn't get "tired". 

Freshman Year - Coming off of a torn ACL. I thought it was obvious, but, I guess I was wrong. When you tear your ACL your conditioning is going to suffer.....drastically. We saw that early on in Lee's freshman year. Still won a Natty....relatively easy. 

Sophomore Year - Lee developed mono. Again, I thought it was obvious, I guess not. Mono attacks the spleen and liver and leaves the person very fatigued. Good luck training with it. Still won a Natty.....relatively easy. 

Junior Year - All of a sudden Lee doesn't "conditioning" problems. When he's 100% healthy his conditioning isn't in question this year.....weird.......

Remember, Lee never had "conditioning" problems at the Cadet or Junior level either. He had some battles at World's and never faded....at least that I could see. 

Let's use probability.....Is it more likely that the injuries in 2018 & 2019 had something to do with Lee's conditioning or he just all of a sudden solved his conditioning problem in 2020? Let's use common sense people. 

Also note, both of Lee's Natty's came at the end of the year, when he should in theory be wore out. But, Lee was just getting back into near 100% form and absolutely pounded the field. 

Well I believe he is the biggest favorite to win it but let's pump the brakes just a tad. In his match against the kid from Michigan just a week or so ago he was definitely fading in the third. Part of his and I say problem in gest is that he very rarely goes 3 periods. Even on the World level a lot of his matches end early. You don't get in the greatest condition if you never have a match that lasts longer than 3 minutes. I still think he's going to win but, mono not withstanding,  he does not have an elite gas tank.

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Well I believe he is the biggest favorite to win it but let's pump the brakes just a tad. In his match against the kid from Michigan just a week or so ago he was definitely fading in the third. Part of his and I say problem in gest is that he very rarely goes 3 periods. Even on the World level a lot of his matches end early. You don't get in the greatest condition if you never have a match that lasts longer than 3 minutes. I still think he's going to win but, mono not withstanding,  he does not have an elite gas tank.

It's a good point, he's only had 2 matches this year last longer than 3:32.

40 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

But wait Vak that would mean you're being objective. What are you doing on this message board? All kidding aside I wondered why Mueller did so well against Rivera and so poorly against Lee and I don't know that I could contribute at all to being too scared or giving too much respect. When you say Lee's a bad matchup for him what's the reasoning for that if you don't mind me asking?

Lee has primarily showed struggles against highly athletic guys (Rivera, Picc, Bresser, Glory).  Mueller doesn't really have that aspect to his game.  He's a bit of a plodder and mostly relies on his length and counters from neutral.

1 hour ago, ConnorsDad said:

1st Period - Lee takes him down and rides him for 2:50. Tries to turn him the entire period, finally gets a turn. 4-0 Lee

2nd Period - Medley rides him for a bit, Lee gets up after a bit. Lee with another takedown. 7-0 Lee. 

3rd Period - Medley takes down. Gets out. Medley hangs on his head for the remainer of the match and loses 8-1. 

I guess I would agree that Lee didn't look as sharp in the 3rd as he did in the 1st, but, no wrestler does. The match was never close. Medley didn't attempt to score on his feet and when he was on top he didn't attempt a turn/tilt or any offensive attack. His game plan was to go in there and keep it to a decision....he accomplished that. In folk style you're able to do that. The match was dominated from start to finish by Lee. This match didn't show me any weakness in terms of conditioning for Lee. It showed me that you can lose a decision in folk style without ever really trying to score....in any position.