Jimmy Cinnabon

Bring back Berge was a mistake

3 hours ago, 82bordeaux said:

I can tell you for a fact that I'm waiting for the proof of his $100 donation to the NLWC on my behalf. Slush Fund is getting kind of low!

Take it from the $100+ I am forced to pay PSU every year as a Pa taxpayer

I don't know Cinabun but he seems to be as arrogant an Iowa fan as You PSU fans are, But Andy the Troll changed the criteria for his bet. I can read so I saw it, If you can't read that well, it explains a lot

50 minutes ago, RichB said:

I don't know Cinabun but he seems to be as arrogant an Iowa fan as You PSU fans are, But Andy the Troll changed the criteria for his bet. I can read so I saw it, If you can't read that well, it explains a lot

Jimmy is a Penn State fan. He also made hundreds of dollars worth of bets with multiple posters. Since you made it clear that you know how to read you may want to put that into practice and go read the threads where Jimmy said the loser can’t post again until proof the bets have been paid is posted. 

1 hour ago, RichB said:

I loved it when the US taxpayers (not just those from PA - but thanks for the your contribution to the upkeep) were paying my way at PSU!

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I really like how this guy Jimmy C takes it on the chin so often by so many, yet never engages back in kind unless it has to do with WRESTLING. I’m only a member a few years and could never understand why someone who creates so many interesting topics <generating more replies than most> is a target for harsh criticism. I’m glad he’s back and I look forward to his style of “thinking out of the box” as we approach the most exciting part of the season.

Meh, people always trash the opinionated people, regardless of whether the opinions are on the mark or not. I don't have a problem with Cinnabon, he does make interesting topics although he gets shredded a lot. 

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I really like how this guy Jimmy C takes it on the chin so often by so many, yet never engages back in kind unless it has to do with WRESTLING. I’m only a member a few years and could never understand why someone who creates so many interesting topics <generating more replies than most> is a target for harsh criticism. I’m glad he’s back and I look forward to his style of “thinking out of the box” as we approach the most exciting part of the season.

I feel like people are missing the point about why the board is frustrated with Jimmy. 

1) He posts a lot of things that are not true in any way, shape, or form. He said Berge wasn’t breathing after his freestyle head injury, which was complete conjecture. Then he doubled down and said Berge was at the Mayo Clinic for his head injury, when it was actually for a skin issue. Reporting things as facts that aren’t true about a wrestler is not acceptable. 

2) He made bets with multiple posters on the board that he initiated and specified the outlines of the bet. Then after he lost he waited a few days and comes back and acted like the bets never happened. 

Yeah, sure he doesn’t engage in topics that aren’t wrestling related because he’s in the wrong a lot. I don’t have problems with any of his topics, even though half the time they are extremely “trolly” just to get people going. But you can’t 1) make false reports about wrestlers as if they are facts and 2) make bets to donate to charity and then when you lose act like they never happened. So yeah, Jimmy is taking it on the chin right now but he 100% deserves it and he put himself in this situation. 

Edited by goheels1812

1 hour ago, RichB said:

Rich,

Why are you so angry?

9 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

What an odd choice by Cael.  Berge, who had wrestled 1 dual match before this weekend, after suffering a severe concussion in freestyle earlier this year, was brought back versus Ohio State.  He was wrestling Quinn Kinner, who had started the year at 133 and bumped up 3 weight classes to 157.  Somehow Kinner looked larger than Berge which makes me wonder how the heck he ever made 133 in the first place.

Berge looked good for the first 2 periods then gassed badly in the 3rd and lost.  He is now 1-1 with 1 dual meet remaining, so obviously he will be unseeded at B10s and will need to "steal" a spot to make NCAAs.

If Berge had not been brought back he would have been a slamdunk to get a medical redshirt year.  Yet Cael sent him out.  Even if he is 100% recovered from his head injury, he is clearly not in top wrestling condition and one wonders if he can even make it to peak condition in 3 weeks, having wrestled only 3 matches before Big 10s.  Moreso, Penn State is looking like they may only have 5 scoring wrestlers.

Brandon Meredith is 1-7 in Big 10 duals, and his only win was a forfeit.  He will be the lowest seed at 125 and will not qualify for NCAAs.

Verkleeren is so frustrating to watch.  He has great defense and can take the #1 wrestler at 149 to OT.  However, he has close to zero offense as it is, and against top guys it becomes zero.  He can take anyone to OT and lose.  I think he qualifies for NCAAs but wins 1 or fewer matches there.

Berge -- based on how he is now I have to think he doesn't qualify for NCAAs.  He could ride an aerodyne non-stop until B10s and still not be in top wrestling shape for B10s.  Really hate Cael's move in bringing him back when it's clear that (1) Berge isn't in wrestling shape and (2) Penn State doesn't have a realistic shot at the team title even if Berge were healthy.

Rasheed - I don't know if he's healthy, but he's clearly undersized.  He's also shown close to no offense and hasn't gotten close to cradling anyone. He is 4-4 overall, and 4-4 in B10 duals.  I think he might qualify for NCAAs but I don't see him winning more than a single match.

Nevills - this is the biggest disappointment for me of the 5. He started the year out hot but has slumped badly vs Cass, Steveson and Gas Tank Gary.  Against good B10 heavies outside of a single shot vs Cass has shown almost no offense and even worse, no ability to get out on bottom.  Worse yet he appeared to injury himself vs Traub.  That is the only reason he should lose to a 215 pound heavyweight.  At first I projected him as a low AA.  I think he makes NCAAs and maybe goes 2-2 at best.

PSU may have 5 finalists, but they will be hard pressed to get more than 2-3 points at NCAAs from 125, 149, 157, 197 and Heavy.  Just too many holes this year to PSU to dethrone Iowa.

First and foremost The PSU "Train" finished 2019 with 137.5 points  and Iowa struggled to get 76!!!

>>> Mr. Cassar injured wrestling a freestyle tournament

>>> Mr. Nevills steps in and takes some lumps expected

>>>Mr. Berge injured wrestling a freestyle tournament...Ranked top 5 and now who knows

>>>Mr. Young making noise and getting better every match

>>>Mr. Lee now #1

>>>Mr. Verkleeren taking two top 5/6 wrestlers to SV is progress

>>> Mr. Joseph on a mission

>>>Mr. Hall a little aggressive at CHA or your mighty Hawkeyes lose the dual

>>>Mr. Brooks continues to improve

>>>Mr. Rasheed could peak at just the right time

Bottom line you're a dickhead!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

...and if you don’t think 30 days is enough time to get back in the swing of things you don’t wrestling very well, I mean look at guys when the season starts in nov and the jumps they make by the end of December...

Beginning of November to the end of December is 61 days, not 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I would say Berge is just out of shape and he has 30 days to improve on that, and if you don’t think 30 days is enough time to get back in the swing of things you don’t wrestling very well, I mean look at guys when the season starts in nov and the jumps they make by the end of December

the way I see it Berge beat Lugo and Degan last year, both guys who I view as definitely better then  Kaleb Young, and Berge beat both of them while cutting way to much weight, so in shape Berge I would only have behind Deakin and maybe a healthy Coleman in the Big tens 

while obviously still feeling the concussion he beat the guy currently ranked #9 in December and outside the top 3 (deakin Hidley, Carr) I could Berge beating literally everyone else

so you want to make a wager or what 

LMFAO at this post. How good Berge is or is not as a 157 pound college wrestler is unknown at this time. Maybe he is great maybe not but your evidence that he is great is not exactly compelling. He beat Lugo and Degan at 149, the 7th and 8th place 149 pounders last year when he himself failed to place at 149 pounds. The 7/8 place 149 pounders are  definitely better than Kaleb Young the 5th place returning 157 who owns 2 career wins over the current #1 157? He would only be behind Deakin and maybe a healthy Coleman who Young is 2-0 against? Makes sense.  Why was he wrestling in December if he was obviously still  feeling the effects of the concussion? Seems like bad practice to me. Carl then brings him back vs osu and supposedly one of their weakest weights vs a guy who was 141 to start the year (thinking it would be an easy match to come back to) and he gets beat. BTW Kinner lost Wrestle stat #107 ranked guy from Edinboro the next day at the JCU open. The facts are Berge was a great HS wrestler, he got stuck trying to make 149 or sit the bench last year. He was good but not great at 149. He did great in FS in the summer and got hurt, he wrestled 7 total matches at 157 in his career and is 5-2 with 1 quality win over Humphreys. Wrestle stat has him at #13 which is probably pretty fair based on results.

Don't think Cael brought him back because "it would be an easy match to come back to) but to give him some mat time - no matter the result. Practice room and a live competition are not the same - most realize that. Getting timing right, working on moves, checking conditioning - all revealed in an actual match better than in practice.

On this one Sanderson probably made the right move for the team and the wrestler.

16 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Making multiple bets that involve donating to specified charities/non-profits and then refusing to actually make good those donations is a certified scumbag move 

1 hour ago, MDogg said:

Making multiple bets that involve donating to specified charities/non-profits and then refusing to actually make good those donations is a certified scumbag move 

I can't speak to that MDogg because I havent been following the bettings too closely but he does seen to be a target often - many times by those with no thought of their own. 

On 2/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, TBar1977 said:

What makes you think you know enough to make the subject line claim?

Because he thinks he knows more about wrestling than he does.  He know very little about wrestling or what appears to be really anything at all besides spamming a message board with stupid ****.  

On 2/18/2020 at 10:03 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

What an odd choice by Cael.  Berge, who had wrestled 1 dual match before this weekend, after suffering a severe concussion in freestyle earlier this year, was brought back versus Ohio State.  He was wrestling Quinn Kinner, who had started the year at 133 and bumped up 3 weight classes to 157.  Somehow Kinner looked larger than Berge which makes me wonder how the heck he ever made 133 in the first place.

Berge looked good for the first 2 periods then gassed badly in the 3rd and lost.  He is now 1-1 with 1 dual meet remaining, so obviously he will be unseeded at B10s and will need to "steal" a spot to make NCAAs.

If Berge had not been brought back he would have been a slamdunk to get a medical redshirt year.  Yet Cael sent him out.  Even if he is 100% recovered from his head injury, he is clearly not in top wrestling condition and one wonders if he can even make it to peak condition in 3 weeks, having wrestled only 3 matches before Big 10s.  Moreso, Penn State is looking like they may only have 5 scoring wrestlers.

Brandon Meredith is 1-7 in Big 10 duals, and his only win was a forfeit.  He will be the lowest seed at 125 and will not qualify for NCAAs.

Verkleeren is so frustrating to watch.  He has great defense and can take the #1 wrestler at 149 to OT.  However, he has close to zero offense as it is, and against top guys it becomes zero.  He can take anyone to OT and lose.  I think he qualifies for NCAAs but wins 1 or fewer matches there.

Berge -- based on how he is now I have to think he doesn't qualify for NCAAs.  He could ride an aerodyne non-stop until B10s and still not be in top wrestling shape for B10s.  Really hate Cael's move in bringing him back when it's clear that (1) Berge isn't in wrestling shape and (2) Penn State doesn't have a realistic shot at the team title even if Berge were healthy.

Rasheed - I don't know if he's healthy, but he's clearly undersized.  He's also shown close to no offense and hasn't gotten close to cradling anyone. He is 4-4 overall, and 4-4 in B10 duals.  I think he might qualify for NCAAs but I don't see him winning more than a single match.

Nevills - this is the biggest disappointment for me of the 5. He started the year out hot but has slumped badly vs Cass, Steveson and Gas Tank Gary.  Against good B10 heavies outside of a single shot vs Cass has shown almost no offense and even worse, no ability to get out on bottom.  Worse yet he appeared to injury himself vs Traub.  That is the only reason he should lose to a 215 pound heavyweight.  At first I projected him as a low AA.  I think he makes NCAAs and maybe goes 2-2 at best.

PSU may have 5 finalists, but they will be hard pressed to get more than 2-3 points at NCAAs from 125, 149, 157, 197 and Heavy.  Just too many holes this year to PSU to dethrone Iowa.

Stop ignoring me.   You lost 2 bets.  Own up to it.  Do you not have any honor?  Your losses weren't even going to go to me, but a charity.  Own up to it Jimmy.  Show some honor and integrity. 

Quentin Wright comes to mind.  In a PSU singlet, he was  having a tough year.  He progressed and had an excellent post season.  I predict either Berge or Shak will have a similar run in the post season.   

Edited by vincevango

44 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I can't speak to that MDogg because I havent been following the bettings too closely but he does seen to be a target often - many times by those with no thought of their own. 

I can speak for that.  Jimmy lost 2 bets to me.  After the contest was over he ignored me.  However, he still finds the time to make threads.  

He lost on the result of Penn St vs Ohio St and he lost on Pletcher vs Lee.  And he has not paid the charity he agreed to. 

17 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Jimmy is a Penn State fan. He also made hundreds of dollars worth of bets with multiple posters. Since you made it clear that you know how to read you may want to put that into practice and go read the threads where Jimmy said the loser can’t post again until proof the bets have been paid is posted. 

Just now, shieldofpistis said:

I think he is a penn st fan and bets ont hem to lose  in order to hedge happiness.  I know it's weird. 

It's easy to make hundreds of dollars if you don't pay your losses. 

18 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I can speak for that.  Jimmy lost 2 bets to me.  After the contest was over he ignored me.  However, he still finds the time to make threads.  

He lost on the result of Penn St vs Ohio St and he lost on Pletcher vs Lee.  And he has not paid the charity he agreed to. 

shield - who gives a crap. move on would ya.

18 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I feel like people are missing the point about why the board is frustrated with Jimmy. 

1) He posts a lot of things that are not true in any way, shape, or form. He said Berge wasn’t breathing after his freestyle head injury, which was complete conjecture. Then he doubled down and said Berge was at the Mayo Clinic for his head injury, when it was actually for a skin issue. Reporting things as facts that aren’t true about a wrestler is not acceptable. 

2) He made bets with multiple posters on the board that he initiated and specified the outlines of the bet. Then after he lost he waited a few days and comes back and acted like the bets never happened. 

Yeah, sure he doesn’t engage in topics that aren’t wrestling related because he’s in the wrong a lot. I don’t have problems with any of his topics, even though half the time they are extremely “trolly” just to get people going. But you can’t 1) make false reports about wrestlers as if they are facts and 2) make bets to donate to charity and then when you lose act like they never happened. So yeah, Jimmy is taking it on the chin right now but he 100% deserves it and he put himself in this situation. 

I think @Lurker once summarized it best when he said,  “Each time I see one of Jimmy’s threads go a few pages I’m reminded of Lardass from Stand by Me, sitting back and enjoying his finely crafted barf-o-rama.”

On 2/18/2020 at 11:53 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

I would say Berge is just out of shape and he has 30 days to improve on that, and if you don’t think 30 days is enough time to get back in the swing of things you don’t wrestling very well, I mean look at guys when the season starts in nov and the jumps they make by the end of December

the way I see it Berge beat Lugo and Degan last year, both guys who I view as definitely better then  Kaleb Young, and Berge beat both of them while cutting way to much weight, so in shape Berge I would only have behind Deakin and maybe a healthy Coleman in the Big tens 

while obviously still feeling the concussion he beat the guy currently ranked #9 in December and outside the top 3 (deakin Hidley, Carr) I could Berge beating literally everyone else

so you want to make a wager or what 

30 days... WTF are you getting the extra two weeks? Is this a proprietary calendar that only those in the know have access to?