Eagle26

Nico - sad news

From Nico’s social media:

“7 months ago on July 19 I underwent ACL surgery on my right knee. It was my first ever surgery and I was devoted 24/7 these last 7 months to getting my knee better to compete and win an Olympic gold. At the same time, I had to shrink my body down to 57kg which I did. 

I started drilling light in December and then January I really picked it up to a very hard pace on the mat.

Since late January my progress was through the roof and I was really happy. Last Thursday I was drilling and my knee again buckled the wrong way and went to get an MRI to find out it is torn again.

God has a plan for me and the 2020 olympics is not in the plan. I accept his plan as it is way bigger than mine. I know there will be good to come out of this for whatever is next.

At this point I need to sit back and enjoy life as much as I can. I will not be making any decisions about surgery or when I will be back. Just need some time to wind down a little for once in my life. 

The crazy thing is my body feels better than it did when I was 21 (except my knee lol). I know I am still in my prime.

I love this sport and I know whatever this sport has for me, it will be for the good.

To finish this long post, I wish whoever is the 57kg USA rep in Tokyo my best and to enjoy every moment of this year. It is a freakin tough weight, and the 57 USA rep will do great.

I can only move forward from here and live according to the plan God has in store for me with life, my business, and wrestling career!

Thanks for all the support! I appreciate everything!”

3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

From Nico’s social media:

“7 months ago on July 19 I underwent ACL surgery on my right knee. It was my first ever surgery and I was devoted 24/7 these last 7 months to getting my knee better to compete and win an Olympic gold. At the same time, I had to shrink my body down to 57kg which I did. 

I started drilling light in December and then January I really picked it up to a very hard pace on the mat.

Since late January my progress was through the roof and I was really happy. Last Thursday I was drilling and my knee again buckled the wrong way and went to get an MRI to find out it is torn again.

God has a plan for me and the 2020 olympics is not in the plan. I accept his plan as it is way bigger than mine. I know there will be good to come out of this for whatever is next.

At this point I need to sit back and enjoy life as much as I can. I will not be making any decisions about surgery or when I will be back. Just need some time to wind down a little for once in my life. 

The crazy thing is my body feels better than it did when I was 21 (except my knee lol). I know I am still in my prime.

I love this sport and I know whatever this sport has for me, it will be for the good.

To finish this long post, I wish whoever is the 57kg USA rep in Tokyo my best and to enjoy every moment of this year. It is a freakin tough weight, and the 57 USA rep will do great.

I can only move forward from here and live according to the plan God has in store for me with life, my business, and wrestling career!

Thanks for all the support! I appreciate everything!”

2 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Class.

1 hour ago, WillieBoy said:

If your God keeps planning to get you injured better hope he doesn't plan to have you become one of the starving kids in Ethiopia. He sound meaner than hell.

Not class!

6 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

If your God keeps planning to get you injured better hope he doesn't plan to have you become one of the starving kids in Ethiopia. He sound meaner than hell.

What a classless comment. Most people that believe in God are not naive enough to think the world revolves around them. I’m guessing he believes God’s plan includes him but there is a greater good than his own interests. Maybe God is telling him that he needs to move on from competing? 

I really wanted to see his unorthodox style against Lee. He knows that 2024 is not a realistic option and this story is not a new one. David Taylor has to be careful as well that he doesn't ruin his dream as well with his knee. This is Taylors last chance at Olympic Gold as well. 

Edited by PRyan2012

21 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

I really wanted to see his unorthodox style against Lee. He knows that 2024 is not a realistic option and this story is not a new one. David Taylor has to be careful as well that he doesn't ruin his dream as well with his knee. This is Taylors last chance at Olympic Gold as well. 

Why would David Taylor not have a shot for gold in 2024?

So many athletes profess a belief in a higher power, from Snyder's Christian God to Sadulaev's Allah and everything in between.  And many are atheist or agnostic.  I have no problem with thanking a God or seeing a predicament as a challenge from God or a hint to move in a different direction in life.  It is no doubt crushing to have a dream taken or deferred; to see that as part of a God's plan is a means of coping with the disappointment and adjusting for the future and is understandable.  The world is wide.  Room enough for everyone who isn't spouting religious superiority or bigotry but just trying to navigate the struggles in life.  Hopes for a speedy recovery and productive path for the future.

Edited by Coach_J

5 hours ago, Coach_J said:

So many athletes profess a belief in a higher power, from Snyder's Christian God to Sadulaev's Allah and everything in between.  And many are atheist or agnostic.  I have no problem with thanking a God or seeing a predicament as a challenge from God or a hint to move in a different direction in life.  It is no doubt crushing to have a dream taken or deferred; to see that as part of a God's plan is a means of coping with the disappointment and adjusting for the future is understandable.  The world is wide.  Room enough for everyone who isn't spouting religious superiority or bigotry but just trying to navigate the struggles in life.  Hopes for a speedy recovery and productive path for the future.

I must first say, I have seen a UFO and find the numerous sightings of others quite believable. I also find it hard to understand how 95% of the world can believe in a God they haven't seen, but ridicule the idea of extra terrestial activity, especially when there has been photographic evidence and eye witness accounts by professionals in the aerospace and astronautical comunity.

That’s too bad, I seem to remember Mega announcing not long ago that he is back and getting ready for competition again at the OTC. His comments about feeling stronger now than his senior year in college is probably accurate - he looked a lot better than many expected his last couple of times out (at 61kg, I think). Hopefully that IG post isn’t his way of leaving his shoes at center mat.

19 minutes ago, fanta said:

I must first say, I have seen a UFO and find the numerous sightings of others quite believable. I also find it hard to understand how 95% of the world can believe in a God they haven't seen, but ridicule the idea of extra terrestial activity, especially when there has been photographic evidence and eye witness accounts by professionals in the aerospace and astronautical comunity.

Bigfoot concurs.

1 hour ago, Coach_J said:

Bigfoot concurs.

So I'm out of the closet on a subject. As an older man with a solid track record of delivering insights into likely futures that have pretty much worked out over the years, a man who has spoken for security conferences all over the world (including many three-letter agencies), discussing the impact of new technologies, I can say without embarrassment that documented data supports the contention that many historical reports show exactly what they seem to show — anomalous vehicular traffic demonstrating aerodynamic capabilities and propulsion systems beyond the range of our own technology.

4 hours ago, fanta said:

So I'm out of the closet on a subject. As an older man with a solid track record of delivering insights into likely futures that have pretty much worked out over the years, a man who has spoken for security conferences all over the world (including many three-letter agencies), discussing the impact of new technologies, I can say without embarrassment that documented data supports the contention that many historical reports show exactly what they seem to show — anomalous vehicular traffic demonstrating aerodynamic capabilities and propulsion systems beyond the range of our own technology.

It is absurd to believe sentinent beings developed here and only here, but I haven't seen evidence to support that.  I'd love to see it though. 

8 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

It is legendary for anyone beyond 31 to even try.  He'll be 34.

Basically true. Dave Schultz was world class in his mid 30s and I feel like Taylor relies on quickness less than some.... so maybe it's possible? I think he said he plans to compete until 2024.

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

It is absurd to believe sentinent beings developed here and only here, but I haven't seen evidence to support that.  I'd love to see it though. 

that is just because you are not looking for it... check out david frayor... get educated...

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Some are property we own and some are off world devices. Most of what is witnessed is ours.