Marcus Cisero

Tom Brands Says Post-Match Antics from Austin DeSanto Need to Stop!

52 minutes ago, Daybreak said:

The majority of the posters here seem to be fools. I’m saying wrestling needs people like ADS that makes the sport entertaining. Wrestling needs people like Nolf, Bo, ADS, RBY, spencer Lee, the pletcher of this year that draws in crowds and make the sport fun to watch. Wrestling was falling off a cliff a few years ago. 

This is such a stupid point. Its like saying we need more people like Hitler because he was so good at organizing.

I'm not anti-desanto but saying he gets a pass on acting like a lunatic because he wrestles hard is idiotic.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

What has Desanto done in the last year that warrants vanquishing. Really?

This is not true. You may be terminated quickly IF the issues outweigh the value you provide to the company. There are second chances and not everyone is replaceable. A top salesmen who brings in the majority of the business may be more valuable to a company than his superiors. Look at professional basketball. There have been times when a coach was removed for his inability to appease the insubordinate stars on the team. 

"What has Desanto done in the last year that warrants vanquishing. Really?"

His behavior with BOTH teams (including intentionally trying to injure opponents over the last 2 years) justifies my position. 

You on the other hand - Girly-boy Cinderella, are an excuse maker for really bad behavior. You've demonstrated this often during my short time here in the form of wrestling and non-wrestling subject matter. It's clear who you are and what you stand for in life in general. There is no reasoning with individuals like you. It's your way or the highway. You also come across as someone who has never really excelled in anything, including wrestling - which explains your  desire to argue incessantly without coming up with topics of your own that the rest of us want to contribute to. I know your pandering types and I know you well and you won't be happy unless all of wrestling looks like that pitiful event that took place in Maryland last week. 

1 hour ago, Daybreak said:

The majority of the posters here seem to be fools. I’m saying wrestling needs people like ADS that makes the sport entertaining. Wrestling needs people like Nolf, Bo, ADS, RBY, spencer Lee, the pletcher of this year that draws in crowds and make the sport fun to watch. Wrestling was falling off a cliff a few years ago. 

Sorry, but while ADS has undeniable talent the comparison with those other wrestlers kinda ends there. 

6 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

His behavior with BOTH teams (including intentionally trying to injure opponents over the last 2 years) justifies my position. 

So you couldn't think of any from this last year? gotcha.

8 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

You on the other hand - Girly-boy Cinderella, are an excuse maker for really bad behavior. You've demonstrated this often during my short time here in the form of wrestling and non-wrestling subject matter. It's clear who you are and what you stand for in life in general. There is no reasoning with individuals like you. It's your way or the highway. You also come across as someone who has never really excelled in anything, including wrestling - which explains your  desire to argue incessantly without coming up with topics of your own that the rest of us want to contribute to. I know your pandering types and I know you well and you won't be happy unless all of wrestling looks like that pitiful event that took place in Maryland last week. 

One giant ad hominem attack. 

You didn't even address the main point I made. haha

It's my way or the highway, yet you start crying about being picked on any time someone disagrees with you. Maybe you're too soft to post here Marcus....

Just now, russelscout said:

So you couldn't think of any from this last year? gotcha.

One giant ad hominem attack. 

You didn't even address the main point I made. haha

It's my way or the highway, yet you start crying about being picked on any time someone disagrees with you. Maybe you're too soft to post here Marcus....

"If you do not stand up for something, you fall for anything." Ever hear that expression brusselsprout?

I bet you never had the cujones to stand for anything that involves preserving what makes this sport so great and this country so great. 

Bottom line - I have you pegged and you know it.

Punk

2 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

"If you do not stand up for something, you fall for anything." Ever hear that expression brusselsprout?

I bet you never had the cujones to stand for anything that involves preserving what makes this sport so great and this country so great. 

Bottom line - I have you pegged and you know it.

HAHA Yep, you have me pegged. What exactly have I ever been inconsistent about? I am eagerly waiting for a response. Since you have me so figured out, it shouldn't be hard to think of.

Edited by russelscout

16 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Nice move. If you can't make a coherent argument, you just call the other guy stupid. 

I made a coherent argument you just pretended to be too stupid to understand it.  I obliged you.  Next time don't pretend to not understand something.  Again, if you want to pretend to be stupid I'll be happy to treat you like you are.  We both know you're not.  

Just now, StallWarning said:

I made a coherent argument you just pretended to be too stupid to understand it.  I obliged you.  Next time don't pretend to not understand something.  Again, if you want to pretend to be stupid I'll be happy to treat you like you are.  We both know you're not.  

Im not pretending anything. I haven't seen anyone making excuses for Desanto's next matches. Why are you taking such issue with it then? 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Im not pretending anything. I haven't seen anyone making excuses for Desanto's next matches. Why are you taking such issue with it then? 

Sure you are.  You tried gaslighting (accusing me of ranting) and that didn't work.  You know exactly what point I was making.  You're not stupid but you seem to think everybody else is.

Just now, StallWarning said:

Sure you are.  You tried gaslighting (accusing me of ranting) and that didn't work.  You know exactly what point I was making.  You're not stupid but you seem to think everybody else is.

I don't think you are stupid. Ranting? Maybe a little hyperbole on my part, but far from gaslighting. So is the point you are making is that Iowa fans will do this? At least give us a chance to make the excuse before accusing us of it.

54 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

No sorry 82bordeaux (cool name), I strongly disagree with you. Points / Sales does not trump over doing what’s right for the team / company. If I’m reading you correctly, AD should remain so his points contribute to an IA team win in March? If I’m interpreting you wrong, I apologize – but for the record, I feel a bad seed is a bad seed and sooner or later it will start to infect the others. Yes this is the Hawkeyes year but it’s still possible (albeit minimally) they do not accomplish their goal – with or without him. If DeSanto’s head isn’t on straight in March, he may not even get out of the gate.

Bottom line, one more chance to allow his talents and energy level to overcome his emotions, if not, he’s gone for good. That’s my take – end of story.

What I was stating was that his points are critical to Iowa putting away the title. And besides, he really hasn't done anything this year that should warrant being yanked from the line-up. The only thing that comes close is him letting his team down a couple weeks ago.But that is a behind the locker room door issue.

Now I will say this. He has used up a lot of his second chances. He can't afford to pull any crazy stunts going forward. If he were to melt down at tournament time then I think that the Brands boys would know that they were holding a live grenade. Do I think that is going to happen? I seriously doubt it. Would I lose sleep over it if he did? Not a bit. I'm a PSU Alum.