Marcus Cisero

Tom Brands Says Post-Match Antics from Austin DeSanto Need to Stop!

20 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

If the forums is whatever you want....your argument is nonsensical.

Have you ever played a sport?

No, the idea being that forums are supposed to be fun, not just the sterile exchange of ideas in nonsensical.

I have played many, many sports.  I just got done playing some pretty intense indoor volleyball, actually.

27 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i'm sorry, the minnesota kid was reacting just like the kid from purdue. desanto didn't kiss the gopher, he did what he always does when he's riding when the match ends: he stands up by pushing off the other wrestler's head. he does this every single time. this time, the other guy took exception. desanto walking back into him was posturing bull****. desanto is a great wrestler but he's definitely also an obnoxious little jerk. 

The match was still going on.  Like, there was literally time on the clock.

8 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Exchanging ideas is nonsensical......

Didn't you just argue that forums are only for this purpose?  Or are you trying to claim that I am arguing that exchanging ideas is nonsensical, and then mock me for your own self-created point that you have attributed to me?

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Didn't you just argue that forums are only for this purpose?  Or are you trying to claim that I am arguing that exchanging ideas is nonsensical, and then mock me for your own self-created point that you have attributed to me?

Dude you can have this one I'm not up to a philosophical/sematic discussion on this point.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Desanto is an unbelievable wresting talent but a complete head case and frequently  a total tool. I hope he continues his show into Nationals and it costs the Cockeyes team points.  Then we get get to watch Tom Brands mumble thru another barely coherent take on”circus boy “

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Desanto didn't hit him with a move, he just waited for the ref to call the tech.

i'm saying ADS was holding his hand on the dude's head way longer than was necessary. he'd already released the cradle; he was standing! he knew the score and exactly what he was doing. it wasn't a war crime but neither is getting your lingering hand slapped away.

Edited by ugarte

11 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i'm saying ADS was holding his hand on the dude's head way longer than was necessary. he'd already released the cradle; he was standing! he knew the score and exactly what he was doing. it wasn't a war crime but neither is getting your lingering hand slapped away.

Dryden pushed him away in the face.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, VakAttack said:

Man, some of you seems like real "life of the party" types.  Outside of Desanto's two very public issues where guys could have been (but thankfully weren't) hurt 2+ years ago, everything else is all good theater, which is all sports are:  theater.  We've got all different kinds of it, but only the Iowa guys (and Gable Steveson) seem to catch any flak for it.  We've got Minnesota fans , with Gable on the team right now AND a history of Mike Thorn existing, getting upset about Desanto.

Edited by TFBJR

On 2/19/2020 at 7:01 PM, GockeS said:

cancel culture is when someone is cut out, boycotted b/c of their beliefs

so in this case.. b/c of being less than perfect.

i think we would be surprised at how many less than perfect wrestlers there are

but im not really surprised.

Reductio ad absurdum - 

Edited by TFBJR
No need to pile on

16 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Reductio ad absurdum - 

Less than Perfect?  Is that really what people are saying - ADS is not PERFECT so we should cancel him?   Or are they saying he is, at best,  among the worst and deserves scorn?

Let's just jump to Godwin's and be done with the thread. 

He may very well be close to the "worst", at least most visibly, in DI wrestling.  I would agree with that.   However, that "worst" is still super TAME compared to many DI athletes in more high profile sports.

Simply put, what he has done at Iowa isn't worth much more than an eyebrow raise in the grand scheme of things.  Intentionally trying to injure people while at Drexel was, but holding onto something that happened years ago, while at a different University doesn't hold much weight in my eyes, while judging him as a Hawkeye.....

18 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Brands got pretty animated discussing Desanto. "How many discussions have we had to have? How many people in that athletic dept. have helped him?" Spent a lot of time talking about this guy's seemingly fragile psyche. 

Do you think that is time well spent?

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

He may very well be close to the "worst", at least most visibly, in DI wrestling.  I would agree with that.   However, that "worst" is still super TAME compared to many DI athletes in more high profile sports.

Simply put, what he has done at Iowa isn't worth much more than an eyebrow raise in the grand scheme of things.  Intentionally trying to injure people while at Drexel was, but holding onto something that happened years ago, while at a different University doesn't hold much weight in my eyes, while judging him as a Hawkeye.....

I would much rather have a guy that we are trying to fix a few sportsmanship issues with than a guy who has a drinking, drug, school, or problems with females ie. Daton Racer. All of the outrage and accusations that Desanto is the worst? I have a hard time buying that.

14 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I would much rather have a guy that we are trying to fix a few sportsmanship issues with than a guy who has a drinking, drug, school, or problems with females ie. Daton Racer. All of the outrage and accusations that Desanto is the worst? I have a hard time buying that.

come on we're talking about on-the-mat sportsmanship. bringing an accused rapist into the discussion doesn't serve your argument that desanto acts like a jerk all that well.

4 minutes ago, ugarte said:

come on we're talking about on-the-mat sportsmanship. bringing an accused rapist into the discussion doesn't serve your argument that desanto acts like a jerk all that well.

Ok, but we have people talking about kicking the kid off the team in this thread. A little perspective is necessary IMO.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:32 AM, ugarte said:

Edited by TFBJR
No need to pile on