Marcus Cisero

Tom Brands Says Post-Match Antics from Austin DeSanto Need to Stop!

23 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Now you're scaring me.  Scienter = foundation of the entire legal system, absent which there is no crime.  But then you knew that.  

• Desanto - 2 seconds plus.  Intent is obvious.  He is a recidivist. 
  •  Lee  - hand on neck for 1 second as he was getting up.  Then he adjusted like a normal human being and the whistle blew.  No fireworks.  

I'm out - not worth the pearls. 

We'll be having more threads about this dude before a month is out. 

You're inferring "scienter" from prior bad acts, which is something that most states don't allow for, if you're going to try to sound smart.  Desanto had one hand on the head neck for two seconds, and one hand on his hip for a brief second.  Lee used Thomsen's head to stand up (face mush), then put his hands on the neck, buried his head in the nect all after everybody knew it was a techfall.  I say it not to impugn Lee, because he didn't do anything wrong either, but to point out the hypocrisy.  You're seeing what you want to see.

I acknowledge all the other stuff/antics happens and there are people who hate it.  I don't hate it at all, I love it, but many do hate it.  Here though, in this match, he didn't do anything that other wrestlers don't do all the time.  You and others are seeing what you want to see, suffering from confirmation bias.

55 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

That isn't true either.  There has been a great amount of positive discussion about Iowa this season.  Most of the DeSanto chatter is pretty much exactly that.  Chatter about DeSanto. 

Please tell me how the F*** I am supposed to be able to tell you are only taking about DISCUSSION based on this sentence:  "Also, it’s a shame a team with a perfect dual season on the verge of capturing a ncaa team championship is derailed by one wrestler’s extras."

If I said, My penis is really large.  You would take it to mean exactly that.  But, what I really meant was compared to Asian men.  I mean shouldn't you know I was only comparing myself to Asian men?

I think most were able to comprehend my comment about derail fine.  If you needed an extra paragraph than so be it.  And the example you give isn’t close to being a comparison.  This derailed CONVERSATION continues...

2 hours ago, Martini said:

20 hours ago, GockeS said:

im not sure i know the story

russelscout: I was referring to @Martini's story about Brands swearing at someone trying to get Fullhart's drug test. 

Brands used the F word even before this that day. BTW Kevin Jackson said "they need to have a mike at matside" for the ISU/Iowa dual.

bball and football games are much worse

9 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Reductio ad absurdum - 

Less than Perfect?  Is that really what people are saying - ADS is not PERFECT so we should cancel him?   Or are they saying he is, at best,  among the worst and deserves scorn?

Let's just jump to Godwin's and be done with the thread. 

stop being a nazi!!

lol

no im saying we shouldn't cancel him.. there are many here who do want to ... I dont.

10 hours ago, TFBJR said:

All good?  No. Theatre?  No. 

Purdue - why be a jackass?  Minny - why hold the guy's neck and head down at the end.  The match is over.   RBY - too much there to even start up another 15 page thread.    

The kid is a self-admitted immature punk who, in his own words, is working on not being a head case.  He looks like a high school freshman out there. His own coach, also known for immature behavior, has called him out on it multiple times.   Somehow the Iowa "faithful" can't see it?  Look within.  If that was my son I would be mortified. 

To commingle ADS with Nolf,  Bo, Spencer, etc. is blasphemy.  Spencer Lee is 10x the wrestler and never spits on people, tries to break their arm, shoves their head down after teching them, or does anything of the sort.  The dude is universally beloved for his being a good sportsman and excellent wrestler.  

ADS is inarguably the WORST sportsman in B1G wrestling.  If you disagree, name a worse offender.  if you do not, how can you support the behavior of the worst?   

I expect he will flame out this year - No B1G, NCAA titles for his career.  It will probably be the best thing for him in the long run.   

yes yes!! crucify him!!!

8 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Not really the point dude. Unless you think Brands comments were unwarranted as well.

Good to know you disagree with Brands.

it is the point.

desanto got in trouble with brands b/c ppl like you dont want him to stand up for himself when other people try to get under his skin

7 hours ago, TFBJR said:

You have 3,661 posts.  Every single one has been to back the squawkeyes.  You don't see the myopia? 

Desanto did not need to push the dudes head down when he won by 17 - wouldn't you agree?  He could have just gotten off - but he didn't.  He could have helped him up - but he didn't.   He has social issues and has no control of his emotions, no concept of respecting his opponent.  Are rapists worse?  Yes. Duh.   It isn't Hitler-esque, but it is recurring disrespectful, and unnecessary.  Be the bigger man and building the bigger man are the 2 primary goals of college. I applaud Brands for taking a stand. 

Iowa has a generationally best 125 pounder and he is constantly overshadowed by a mid-level AA who is dysfunctional.  Not sure what ADS does for a job after this but he will be hard-pressed to be hired by anyone who has to justify the decision to HR (not Hawkeye Report).     

i have seen many guys get their head pushed down. when down by huge margins..

including my own son... so its not a new thing

sorry it bothers you so much, that you think violence is the answer

you know.. hey you just beat the bejeezus out of me, but now im going to show you how tough i am.

4 hours ago, jross said:

The negativity comes to Iowa because of program envy, club-member behaviors, and because its fans share opinions that are heavier with emotion than evidence.  ASD knowingly shows 'his dominance' at the end of matches and there is no acceptable excuse for it.  I don't care who started it.  He should had been suspended earlier this year so that he could correct his behavior before the important matches come.  

LOL

if you haven't seen this 'dominance' before,, i venture to say you dont watch much wrestling.

and when should he have been suspended?

3 hours ago, PASLP2 said:

Typical Desanto apologist.  When it happens to Desanto?  As if he has no control of the situation.  You are correct that I do love when it “happens” to Desanto because it reminds me not to change my opinion of him.  

that makes you a hypocrite

3 hours ago, PASLP2 said:

Umm, I meant all of the DISCUSSION about Iowa’s season is derailed because of the Desanto chatter.  Didn’t mean his antics will cost them a trophy.  Jesus 

who was saying much nice about Iowa that it could get derailed?

1 hour ago, tightwaist said:

It would be hysterical if DeSanto gets DQ’d or causes some negative team points at NCAA’s, causing the Hawks to miss a team title.  Brands might literally choke him out.  If I’m wrestling him, I’m poking the bear...trying to get a reaction.  

i would pay to see that

wish i had bought a ticket

oh well i probably wouldn't see it anyway in that football stadium

16 minutes ago, Daybreak said:

Nit picking again. Got to be something in that water. 

It's not nitpicking if you don't know enough to distinguish between the two when you're trying to make your argument.

2 hours ago, GockeS said:

and when should he have been suspended?

Desanto should be on thin ice based on his NCAA history.  He should have no warnings available to start this season.  He started the season off poorly, was better, and then started his act again in January.  He should be disciplined internally and if that didn't work, then he should sit out matches until he gets his act together.  I love watching Desanto during the match.  I hate watching how he represents Iowa at the match's end.

Desanto is the instigator of poor sportsmanship in 50% of his matches this year.  

Bad Sport? | Opponent (Record) | Date Event| W/L By | How | Sportsmanship comment

• Y | Dryden, Boo (8 - 5) | 02/15 Minnesota - Iowa Dual | W TF5 | 24 - 8 5:38 | Lets Dryden off back and then puts heavy hands on Dryden's head and side
  • ? | Bravo-Young, Roman (17 - 1) | 01/31 Penn State - Iowa Dual | L INJ | Injured, quits match with knee pain
  • N | Decatur, Jordan (14 - 8) | 01/24 Ohio State - Iowa Dual| W TF5 | 27 - 12 5:59 | Is behind wrestler, gets off Decatur cleanly, raises hands and waves both to crowd (celebrating is fine w/me! - just don't punk the opponent)
  • N | Lovett, Ridge (13 - 6) | 01/18 Nebraska - Iowa Dual | W DEC | 7 - 4 | Lovett finishes the match on top
  • Y | Ford-Melton, Travis (13 - 12) | 01/12 Iowa - Purdue Dual | W TF5 | 16 - 1 3:24 | Looks like he kisses Ford-Melton's headgear
  • Y | Moran, Jonathan (8 - 16) | 01/10 Iowa - Indiana Dual | W FALL | 1:42 | Whips hand, stands over, look like he purposely knees Moran in head and then acts like he is stepping away
  • Y | Piotrowski, Travis (22 - 2) | 12/29    Midlands Championships | W DEC | 10 - 4 | They go out of bounds with 2 seconds left.  After returning to the center of the mat, Desanto puts his hands on Piotrowskis head to direct him to start in the down position.  At the end of the match, pats Pios belly like 'good match.'
  • Y | Ferrante, Carmen (13 - 11) | 12/29    Midlands Championships | W MD | 20 - 8 | Gives Ferrante an earful at as they are getting up off the mat
  • N | Gross, Seth (23 - 1) | 12/29 Midlands Championships | L DEC | 6 - 5
  • N | Hernandez, Jamie (13 - 9) | 12/29 Midlands Championships | W MD | 14 - 5 | Smacks him on the buttocks 'good match'
  • N | Rini, Angelo (21 - 8) 12/29    Midlands Championships | W TF5 | 22 - 6 3:35
  • N | Pierson, Sean (10 - 9) | 12/08 Iowa - Princeton Dual | W TF5 | 25 - 10 5:45
  • N | Gross, Seth (23 - 1) | 12/01 Wisconsin - Iowa Dual | W DEC | 6 - 2 | Gross finished on top.  Desanto got up and shook his hand.
  • Y | Small, Todd (17 - 7) | 11/24 Iowa - Iowa State Dual | W MD | 16 - 4 | Pushes on head until time runs out, keeps pushing, then tries to jump over Small's back but lands on it.
  • Y |  Murphy, Aiden (4 - 12) | 11/17    Chattanooga - Iowa Dual | W TF5 | 23 - 4 0:15 | Murphy on belly.  Pushed down on Murphy's neck and back and then stepped over him.

Just now, jross said:

Desanto should be on thin ice based on his NCAA history.  He should have no warnings available to start this season.  He started the season off poorly, was better, and then started his act again in January.  He should be disciplined internally and if that didn't work, then he should sit out matches until he gets his act together.  I love watching Desanto during the match.  I hate watching how he represents Iowa at the match's end.

Desanto is the instigator of poor sportsmanship in 50% of his matches this year.  

Bad Sport? | Opponent (Record) | Date Event| W/L By | How | Sportsmanship comment

• Y | Dryden, Boo (8 - 5) | 02/15 Minnesota - Iowa Dual | W TF5 | 24 - 8 5:38 | Lets Dryden off back and then puts heavy hands on Dryden's head and side
  • ? | Bravo-Young, Roman (17 - 1) | 01/31 Penn State - Iowa Dual | L INJ | Injured, quits match with knee pain
  • N | Decatur, Jordan (14 - 8) | 01/24 Ohio State - Iowa Dual| W TF5 | 27 - 12 5:59 | Is behind wrestler, gets off Decatur cleanly, raises hands and waves both to crowd (celebrating is fine w/me! - just don't punk the opponent)
  • N | Lovett, Ridge (13 - 6) | 01/18 Nebraska - Iowa Dual | W DEC | 7 - 4 | Lovett finishes the match on top
  • Y | Ford-Melton, Travis (13 - 12) | 01/12 Iowa - Purdue Dual | W TF5 | 16 - 1 3:24 | Looks like he kisses Ford-Melton's headgear
  • Y | Moran, Jonathan (8 - 16) | 01/10 Iowa - Indiana Dual | W FALL | 1:42 | Whips hand, stands over, look like he purposely knees Moran in head and then acts like he is stepping away
  • Y | Piotrowski, Travis (22 - 2) | 12/29    Midlands Championships | W DEC | 10 - 4 | They go out of bounds with 2 seconds left.  After returning to the center of the mat, Desanto puts his hands on Piotrowskis head to direct him to start in the down position.  At the end of the match, pats Pios belly like 'good match.'
  • Y | Ferrante, Carmen (13 - 11) | 12/29    Midlands Championships | W MD | 20 - 8 | Gives Ferrante an earful at as they are getting up off the mat
  • N | Hernandez, Jamie (13 - 9) | 12/29 Midlands Championships | W MD | 14 - 5 | Smacks him on the buttocks 'good match'
  • N | Rini, Angelo (21 - 8) 12/29    Midlands Championships | W TF5 | 22 - 6 3:35
  • N | Pierson, Sean (10 - 9) | 12/08 Iowa - Princeton Dual | W TF5 | 25 - 10 5:45
  • N | Gross, Seth (23 - 1) | 12/01 Wisconsin - Iowa Dual | W DEC | 6 - 2 | Gross finished on top.  Desanto got up and shook his hand.
  • Y | Small, Todd (17 - 7) | 11/24 Iowa - Iowa State Dual | W MD | 16 - 4 | Pushes on head until time runs out, keeps pushing, then tries to jump over Small's back but lands on it.
  • Y |  Murphy, Aiden (4 - 12) | 11/17    Chattanooga - Iowa Dual | W TF5 | 23 - 4 0:15 | Murphy on belly.  Pushed down on Murphy's neck and back and then stepped over him.

Dryden match had not yet been ended by the official.  DeSanto needs to keep wrestling until the match is stopped.

A"?" for an injury default?  Pretty scummy.

How about Bo Nickal and his fake sportsmanship all last year? You could have put a "Y" next to every Nickal pin.

3 minutes ago, jross said:

Hahahahaha holy crap this is nuts.

Just now, AHamilton said:

Work of a sick, sick person...

With "sportsmanship comments" like:

11 minutes ago, jross said:

Smacks him on the buttocks 'good match'

And:

12 minutes ago, jross said:

Lets Dryden off back and then puts heavy hands on Dryden's head and side

And:

13 minutes ago, jross said:

Lovett finishes the match on top

Is this satire or someone actually this outraged?

17 minutes ago, jross said:

so never?

19 minutes ago, jross said:

How long did you work on this?

19 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

A"?" for an injury default?  Pretty scummy.

How about Bo Nickal and his fake sportsmanship all last year? You could have put a "Y" next to every Nickal pin.

We know Desanto was hurt.  His coach thought he could finish the match.  I changed my answer from N to ? to prevent trolls -- looks a can't win situation.  We are talking Desanto.  Bringing up other wrestlers is deflection.