Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

6 AAs from 1 conference at the same weight

I'll play the broken record again: maybe, but they also get 6,007 more qualifying spots than any other conference, so I don't find it that impressive.

Can't figure out why that would be.

Actually, I can't either, but either way, it doesn't matter. The fact still remains that the Big 10 and Big 12 sends virtually anyone in who is upright and breathing, yet people are still impresssed that they produce so many AAs.

Gee, I wonder why?

I'll play the broken record again: maybe, but they also get 6,007 more qualifying spots than any other conference, so I don't find it that impressive.

I am sorry, 8 guys qualified for the 33 person bracket and 6 are in the top 8. That is pretty freaking good.

Are you freek'n serious? Look at the % of AAs per qualifier. What a stupid comment.

Are you freek'n serious? Look at the % of AAs per qualifier. What a stupid comment.

Sure. When you get 24,009 qualifying spots, you're going to get on top of the podium.

Great observation, Shrerlock! :P

Can't figure out why that would be.

Actually, I can't either, but either way, it doesn't matter. The fact still remains that the Big 10 and Big 12 sends virtually anyone in who is upright and breathing, yet people are still impresssed that they produce so many AAs.

Gee, I wonder why?

Which of the guys who placed from the Big 10 should not have gone to Nationals?

Why did the EIWA not outdo everyone at 141 where they had the most qualifiers?

Stole this from another thread, but after Friday:

BIG TEN Qualifiers = 82 out of 330 or 25% of the field

BIG TEN Semi-Finalists = 16 = 40% of field or 20% of all Big Ten Qualifiers are in the Semi's

BIG TEN Quarter-Finalists = 29 = 36% of Field

BIG TEN - TOP 12 = 40 = 33% of field or almost half of the BIG qualifiers place Top 12

BIG - Top 16 = 50 = 31% of field or 60% of all BIG qualifiers place Top 16

BIG - Quarter Finals Head to Head = Six matches

BIG - 3rd Rd WB Head to Head = 5 matches (meaning Big Ten knocked out other Big Ten wrestler)

Stole this from another thread, but after Friday:

BIG TEN Qualifiers = 82 out of 330 or 25% of the field

BIG TEN Semi-Finalists = 16 = 40% of field or 20% of all Big Ten Qualifiers are in the Semi's

BIG TEN Quarter-Finalists = 29 = 36% of Field

BIG TEN - TOP 12 = 40 = 33% of field or almost half of the BIG qualifiers place Top 12

BIG - Top 16 = 50 = 31% of field or 60% of all BIG qualifiers place Top 16

BIG - Quarter Finals Head to Head = Six matches

BIG - 3rd Rd WB Head to Head = 5 matches (meaning Big Ten knocked out other Big Ten wrestler)

How did the biggest losers do, the ones that went 0-3 at the tournament and had to wrestle off to fill the ridiculous amounts of spots handed to them? ;)

Sure. When you get 24,009 qualifying spots, you're going to get on top of the podium.

Great observation, Shrerlock! :P

Wrestle better, get more qualifiers. Pretty simple.

Yes, just like the guys who go 0-3 and still get to make it, right? Or, better yet, how about the guys who can default their way to the tournament?

Yes, the power conferences are bad asses, indeed!

They earned their spot throughout the season. It's no longer a one day qualifier, in reality.

Yes, just like the guys who go 0-3 and still get to make it, right? Or, better yet, how about the guys who can default their way to the tournament?

Yes, the power conferences are bad asses, indeed!

They earned their spot throughout the season. It's no longer a one day qualifier, in reality.

Side B of the broken record: then eliminate the conference tournament if they "earned it" even before the tournament. save the money and resources and just send them to the big dance.