Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Tom Brands Speaking Highly of Spencer Lee – Off the Mat

3 minutes ago, GockeS said:

spencer is a great kid!!

Love his positive attitude.  Other kids love him, I think he'd be a recruiting magnet if he went HC immediately after graduating. You see the interview where he laughed about being reminded of getting pinned by Picc?

Edited by TobusRex

8 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Brands always sounds like he's off his meds.

Lee sounds like he's used to being the center of the wrestling world, no biggie.

I don’t think Toms comments had anything to do with Spencer being the center of attention of the wrestling world, quite the opposite. What I got out of it was Spencer's humbleness around non wrestling people. Everyone in college knows he’s a 2x national champion and a world champ too plus he’s on the local news and media spotlight often, yet he balances that all out by being “just one of the guys” around every day people and that probably blows people away.  To me, that's a "biggie" too. I’m probably not doing a good job describing how I feel after seeing that clip but all I know is I have even more admiration and respect for Spencer beyond his wrestling capabilities.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

4 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I don’t think Toms comments had anything to do with Spencer being the center of attention of the wrestling world, quite the opposite. What I got out of it was Spencer's humbleness around non wrestling people. Everyone in college knows he’s a 2x national champion and a world champ too plus he’s on the local news and media spotlight often, yet he balances that all out by being “just one of the guys” around every day people and that probably blows people away.  To me, that's a "biggie" too. I’m probably not doing a good job describing how I feel after seeing that clip but all I know is I have even more admiration and respect for Spencer beyond his wrestling capabilities.

I was kidding, somewhat. Never pass up a chance to make fun of Tom Brands, in particular. I like listening to the Brands' boys, and I think they've both definitely got something "wrong" with them, lol.  They are odd, likable men, the key word there "odd". Perhaps it's their speech patterns throwing me, I'm an old Oklahoma redneck. If the Brands used John Smith's  Cowboy-drawl they wouldn't get so much grief from me.

I didn't say it right, but my whole impression of Lee is that he's remarkably down to earth, especially considering he's the center of the wrestling universe to a lot of guys (including Tom and Terry Brands).  I'm surprised his head ain't the size of Mark Halls' with all the attention he gets around here!

28 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I was kidding, somewhat. Never pass up a chance to make fun of Tom Brands, in particular. I like listening to the Brands' boys, and I think they've both definitely got something "wrong" with them, lol.  They are odd, likable men, the key word there "odd". Perhaps it's their speech patterns throwing me, I'm an old Oklahoma redneck. If the Brands used John Smith's  Cowboy-drawl they wouldn't get so much grief from me.

I didn't say it right, but my whole impression of Lee is that he's remarkably down to earth, especially considering he's the center of the wrestling universe to a lot of guys (including Tom and Terry Brands).  I'm surprised his head ain't the size of Mark Halls' with all the attention he gets around here!

well said!