Jump to content
calot

Iowa St. Open (merged topic)

Recommended Posts

Dresser has a Open today and 184 Coleman got 4  wins by :01 injury default and 2 were agianst teammates.Unbelievable that is allowed to happen to build winning %.Dresser you get the scumbag of the day award.1 of the wins was against Sebastian so thats a quality win.So bad for the sport of this is what coaches are gonna resort to in order to allocate a spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 77again said:

It kind of appears that you were looking for a reason to trash Dresser.

Not at all never have said 1 bad word about him actually.Just think this is total trash to do.Look thru the brackets further few other Iowa St kids pinned teammates 1st round then defaulted out.Its a total joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iowa State only sent 5 starters for the Mizzou dual today.  This was a scheduled event that has been on the calendar.  Disappointing.  Coaches Dresser & Metcalf were NOT at the dual.

Why even schedule this dual if your Coach Dresser ?  

I regret making the 200 mile round-trip drive to see this dual.

Simply put, stunts like this are bad for Wrestling.

Edited by Show_Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Show_Me said:

Iowa State only sent 5 starters for the Mizzou dual today.  This was a scheduled event.  Disappointing.  Dresser & Metcalf weren't even at the dual.

Why even schedule the dual if your Dresser ?

 

 

 

They weren’t at the dual? The head coach, assistant coach and half the starting lineup just completely ducked a dual with a long-time rival? How is this not bigger news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mpchillin said:

They weren’t at the dual? The head coach, assistant coach and half the starting lineup just completely ducked a dual with a long-time rival? How is this not bigger news?

Iowa St ran a Open at Gilbert High School today.It was obviously used to build winning% by wrestling teammates and accepting injury defaults.Hope admission was free.

Edited by calot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty disrespectful for the sport, the fans, and especially to Missouri to only send half a team to a dual meet. And then to make it even worse Dresser can’t be bothered for himself or Metcalf to make it because they are busy cheating the system to get some of their varsity guys wins. Embarrassing for the sport and for Iowa States program. I’m glad it’s being talked about here and I’m sure other coaches around the NCAA are taking notice as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was mentioned in the Iowa State open thread but I decided to make a new topic because I thought it needed one.

Iowa St. had a dual today with Missouri. The following occurred:

1. Five of the starters against Northern Iowa 6 days ago did not travel the four and a half hours to Columbia to compete against #24 Missouri.

2. Four of them did compete however in the Iowa St. Last Chance. One wrestler  wrestled the entire tournament, two wrestled 2 matches then forfeited the rest. And Coleman won 4 matches at 184 won the title with 4 victories by inj. def. in all 4 in the first few seconds. Three were against ISU guys and the other was Johnny Sebastian.

3. Dresser and another assistant were not there at the dual.

WTF? Instead of going and competing at a dual that was on your schedule, you take half of a team and wrestle 4 starters from the previous dual + David Carr a tournament not on your schedule so it must have been added after the season started.

There are dozens of questions that can be asked. The main one is why 4 injury defaults in a couple of seconds? Do we really think they all got out on the mat and got hurt? Why not 4 medical forfeits? Or does an injury default give you credit for a win? Coleman's record was only 5-5 before today at 184. Pretty ****ty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Pretty disrespectful for the sport, the fans, and especially to Missouri to only send half a team to a dual meet. And then to make it even worse Dresser can’t be bothered for himself or Metcalf to make it because they are busy cheating the system to get some of their varsity guys wins. Embarrassing for the sport and for Iowa States program. I’m glad it’s being talked about here and I’m sure other coaches around the NCAA are taking notice as well. 

When I saw the brackets I was like wtf and had to post about it.Then was blamed for just wanting to bad mouth Dresser which wasn't the point at all.I would've posted about it no matter what coach did this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

This was mentioned in the Iowa State open thread but I decided to make a new topic because I thought it needed one.

Iowa St. had a dual today with Missouri. The following occurred:

1. Five of the starters against Northern Iowa 6 days ago did not travel the four and a half hours to Columbia to compete against #24 Missouri.

2. Four of them did compete however in the Iowa St. Last Chance. One wrestler  wrestled the entire tournament, two wrestled 2 matches then forfeited the rest. And Coleman won 4 matches at 184 won the title with 4 victories by inj. def. in all 4 in the first few seconds. Three were against ISU guys and the other was Johnny Sebastian.

3. Dresser and another assistant were not there at the dual.

WTF? Instead of going and competing at a dual that was on your schedule, you take half of a team and wrestle 4 starters from the previous dual + David Carr a tournament not on your schedule so it must have been added after the season started.

There are dozens of questions that can be asked. The main one is why 4 injury defaults in a couple of seconds? Do we really think they all got out on the mat and got hurt? Why not 4 medical forfeits? Or does an injury default give you credit for a win? Coleman's record was only 5-5 before today at 184. Pretty ****ty!

Add your discussion to the thread about it already.All the points you made are being discussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, calot said:

When I saw the brackets I was like wtf and had to post about it.Then was blamed for just wanting to bad mouth Dresser which wasn't the point at all.I would've posted about it no matter what coach did this.

It’s a good topic that should be discussed here. 
 

Just when we thought we had seen it all with ducking, now we have the “dresser duck” where coaches don’t participate in duals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t this the same Coach Dresser that called out Coach Brands for “Ducking” his team while at VA Tech ?

Pot, meet kettle.

Perhaps even worse is how he is blatantly gaming the Allocation System with these bogus “Injury Default wins”....... which were obviously pre-meditated.  These shady tactics will take AQ's away from other wrestlers/conferences.

Edited by Show_Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Of course that's why Dresser did it. Coleman's record before today was 5 - 5 at 184. Is it really now going to be 9 - 4 or will a coach actually complain? Looks bad for wrestling. Just hope Brian Smith has a chance to screw ISU.

 

Edit

I know what happened now you added the thread together and it takes the last title I fixed it

Edited by calot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...