BigTenFanboy

PSU v American

10 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

141 Nick Lee wins 7-3

149 Verk beats 8th Ranked Kihzan Clarke 3-1

157 PSU sends out Gardner... looks like Berge is done

I've listened to this announcer before.....He's killing me.....he knows enough wrestling, but he sounds like he's announcing a horse race....non-top talk.....almost want to watch the match muted....I don't like being negative.....if he'd just cut out about half of his commentary or have a partner.

9 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

I've listened to this announcer before.....He's killing me.....he knows enough wrestling, but he sounds like he's announcing a horse race....non-top talk.....almost want to watch the match muted....I don't like being negative.....if he'd just cut out about half of his commentary or have a partner.

The reason he talks so much is because the commentary is ment for radio. BigTenNetwork happens to use this for the audio.

Jeez PSU, how lame can you get? ****ing NEIL DIAMOND? And not even one of his good songs, but "Sweet Caroline". ****. At least give us "Forever in Blue Jeans" or "Cracklin' Rose" if you are going to make us listen to Neil Diamond. 

Oh, I could've taken down Brooks if I'd gotten in as deep as Harvey did. That boy needs coaching up. 

Edited by TobusRex

12 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Who did Nick Lee wrestle?  Was the match as close as score would indicate?

Sal profaci  he’s ranked in the 20s redshirt senior he’s a grad transfer, he was a multiple time NQ for Michigan....Lee was the aggressor and had about 2 minutes of riding time but profaci is tough and hard to score on typical NJ wrestler all the way 

Edited by Antitroll2828

32 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Jeez PSU, how lame can you get? ****ing NEIL DIAMOND? And not even one of his good songs, but "Sweet Caroline". ****. At least give us "Forever in Blue Jeans" or "Cracklin' Rose" if you are going to make us listen to Neil Diamond. 

Oh, I could've taken down Brooks if I'd gotten in as deep as Harvey did. That boy needs coaching up. 

Sweet Caroline is played before all the BIG Boxing matches in England, and it was played before the Fury VS Wilder Fight last night in Las Vegas,  Probably because most people know the Lyrics so they can sing along.   Fury was brought to the Ring by a 1961 song by Patsy Cline, Crazy  https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/tyson-fury-throne-walk-out-deontay-wilder/

Edited by dougb

19 minutes ago, dougb said:

Sweet Caroline is played before all the BIG Boxing matches in England, and it was played before the Fury VS Wilder Fight last night in Las Vegas,  Probably because most people know the Lyrics so they can sing along.   Fury was brought to the Ring by a 1961 song by Patsy Cline, Crazy  https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/tyson-fury-throne-walk-out-deontay-wilder/

He then sang “American Pie” on the mic afterwards. Great stuff. 

Sweet Caroline is a staple in stadium music. 

28 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

if its who I think he is, he's not a good wrestler at all.  Perhaps Lee was a bit under the weather.

Profaci started for Michigan for atleast 2 seasons was an NQ for them, and he has a 3-2 3 ot loss to real woods this year and hasn’t lost by more then 3 points all season 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Profaci started for Michigan for atleast 2 seasons was an NQ for them, and he has a 3-2 3 ot loss to real woods this year and hasn’t lost by more then 3 points all season 

no kidding - thanks for the clarification Antitroll!

19 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

He's probably working too hard, used to having another commentator.  I watched a little of that dual but there wasn't much excitement to it. Kind of like watching Ohio State play Indiana in football - the result is already carved in stone before they step on the field. 

Just now, TobusRex said:

He's probably working too hard, used to having another commentator.  I watched a little of that dual but there wasn't much excitement to it. Kind of like watching Ohio State play Indiana in football - the result is already carved in stone before they step on the field. 

Easy now, being an IU alum. They stole our head coach, what would you expect!

48 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

I am too cheap to pay for FLO so so I do not get their premium content.  Does anyone want to share what the two "big news items" were that Cael talked about in his post-match presser?

1. Berge's season is over.

2. 2021 Big10 Championships are @ PSU. 

Neither were regarding positive roster changes.

20 hours ago, dougb said:

Sweet Caroline is beloved in the EPL as well.  Arsenal I believe specifically.  Brits love to sing...