Antitroll2828

Mat town open

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Some interesting semis ...cleary vs Kinner for OHio state 157 spot....Kerkvelet vs Hoffman 

also Brandon Womack vs little Ruth is quarter 

womack wasn't wrestling for competition and dipped out 

2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Is that even possible?  I thought he wasn't eligible this year...

Who knows?  Eligibility has become much more fluid in the last few years.  Everything I'd heard was that he wouldn't be eligible until next year, but who knows?

6 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

The word is that he wants to go and be done before 2024 so he can concentrate on freestyle. As far as eligibility goes I’d say if Suriano could compete right away Daniel/Greg should be allowed to as well.

If I recall accurately, Suriano’s transfer was not mid-year.

He transferred at the beginning of the school year. By policy, he was to sit out a year. That policy was waived and he was allowed to compete in that same semester in which he first enrolled. If the above is true, Kerkvliet is seeking to do the same. It is just a little more weird considering his history of moving around.

8 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

The word is that he wants to go and be done before 2024 so he can concentrate on freestyle. As far as eligibility goes I’d say if Suriano could compete right away Daniel/Greg should be allowed to as well.

Suriano situation was not comparable.

But probably is more comparable to something like Pete Lipari wrestling for Rutgers in the first semester and Rider in the second.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

But probably is more comparable to something like Pete Lipari wrestling for Rutgers in the first semester and Rider in the second.

A Penn State wrestler (Galloway?) wrestled for them in the fall, Rider in the spring

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

It definitely is comparable...suriano transferred first semester, he was enrolled and taking classes online I believe then transferred to Rutgers and wrestled immediately, the Lipari situation is incomparable because I’m pretty sure he’s a graduate transfer 

47 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It definitely is comparable...suriano transferred first semester, he was enrolled and taking classes online I believe then transferred to Rutgers and wrestled immediately, the Lipari situation is incomparable because I’m pretty sure he’s a graduate transfer 

I don't think Lipari is a grad transfer but not really sure.

Wasn't the main issue with Suriano's transfer the Big Ten waiver right?  Doesn't seem like that is the case with Kerk?