Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Competing at World level events while still in college...

23 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

If reports are right the last one did to himself using illegal controlled substances. Maybe Law Enforcement will get involved and we will find out the truth?

Which law enforcement entity?  Where did the alleged crime take place?

7 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I get that. Its obviously his fault and has no one else to blame. That being said the outcome/end result for some of these guys is their NCAA season is over  

“International season has been tough on”

”season ended because of participation on the international sense”

”he wouldn’t have tested had he not been there” 

But nothing at all about “his season ended due to doing drugs”, or “he wouldn’t have tested positive if he wasn’t doing drugs”, etc. 

Stop playing victim cards. It only hinders society. 

Edited by Lurker

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

“International season has been tough on”

”season ended because of participation on the international sense”

”he wouldn’t have tested had he not been there” 

But nothing at all about “his season ended due to doing drugs”, or “he wouldn’t have tested positive if he wasn’t doing drugs”, etc. 

Stop playing victim cards. It only hinders society. 

Wow.. dude. You need to chill. Never played ANY victim card. Just point out that this years international scene hasnt resulted very positively for the NCAA folk. Regardless of reason! You are seriously making this into something thats a LOT bigger than it really is!

19 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You are seriously making this into something thats a LOT bigger than it really is!

We can agree to disagree. I do believe holding people accountable, instead of explaining their consequences off as a result of something else, a big deal. But like I said we can agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

We can agree to disagree. I do believe holding people accountable, instead of explaining their consequences off as a result of something else, a big deal. But like I said we can agree to disagree. 

And when did I say Zahid wasnt responsible for his actions??? When did I play anything off??? All I stated was that the outcome of freestyle competition has ended some of the NCAAs top guys? Again youre reading WAYYYYYY too much into things.

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I disagree. Go back to your cause and effect reply to me. 

But like I said agree to disagree. Have a nice evening 

Ok dude. You want to go that route and double down?

Fine. Had Zahid, Cassar, and Berge not competed in freestyle they all most likely would be still competing in the NCAA season.

Regardless of reason my statement is true. Regardless of who was at fault my statement is true.

Go in the corner disagree with yourself.

26 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Ok dude. You want to go that route and double down?

Fine. Had Zahid, Cassar, and Berge not competed in freestyle they all most likely would be still competing in the NCAA season.

Regardless of reason my statement is true. Regardless of who was at fault my statement is true.

Go in the corner disagree with yourself.

I don't think we can draw any parallel from the Nameless One's issues and international wrestling.  It has been reported that the test was not at a UWW event.

7 hours ago, jchapman said:

Which law enforcement entity?  Where did the alleged crime take place?

One gets Illegal drugs from Illegal sources. Possession is generally a crime in most of the US. The potential for fixing matches or being compromised when one is dealing with criminal elements and using illegal substances is there, big time. If what has been reported it true it is much more serious than an underage kid drinking a beer. Depending on how much of this alleged illegal drug was being bought or held it could easily rise to Felony weight.

Suspension for putting the school and team at risk is the right move. Those who test and find positive results for illegal substances should be reporting it to law enforcement authorities so they can investigate and take action, if warranted.

"Recreational use" of illegal controlled substances is criminal activity, plain and simple.

Remember what brought J Rob down at Minnesota - protecting drug dealing.

9 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

One gets Illegal drugs from Illegal sources. Possession is generally a crime in most of the US. The potential for fixing matches or being compromised when one is dealing with criminal elements and using illegal substances is there, big time. If what has been reported it true it is much more serious than an underage kid drinking a beer. Depending on how much of this alleged illegal drug was being bought or held it could easily rise to Felony weight.

Suspension for putting the school and team at risk is the right move. Those who test and find positive results for illegal substances should be reporting it to law enforcement authorities so they can investigate and take action, if warranted.

"Recreational use" of illegal controlled substances is criminal activity, plain and simple.

MDMA or Coke?  

34 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

what a hot steamy pile of a post...

11 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

LE is way too busy for that! Plus, there is something called the Bill of Rights!

Fixing matches? LOl  All the heavy betting activity on college wrestling!