Jump to content
BigTimeFan

Oklahoma State VS Iowa thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

This entire thread is an embarrassment to read.  Sounds like 12 year old girls fighting it out over the cute boy.  

Great match by Iowa.  Okie State doesn't have much sparkle or apparent joie de vivre lately. 

At least it's not 12 year old boys fighting it out over a cute boy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

An Iowa fan who sits behind the visitors bench was escorted out of Carver by the Police last nite.

Just a hunch he is likely the same IDIOT who RBY said something to during the PSU dual in Carver. 

Nice to see Iowa fans on HR condemning this jerk.

Pretty fricken stupid to get kicked out of the event. I'm sure he thought he was some kind of hero, and the look on the fans as he is escorted out says it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Pretty fricken stupid to get kicked out of the event. I'm sure he thought he was some kind of hero, and the look on the fans as he is escorted out says it all. 

Glad the fans reacted that way. I read the thread on HR and more than 1 person stated this JERK acts this way towards the visiting team and wrestlers all the time. I think the odds are very high he was ripping the PSU athletes just as he was ripping OSU last nite. This makes the assertion here on this board that RBY did something wrong that night extremely questionable. Not that I ever thought RBY did anything wrong to begin with. Fans need to be just that, fans. The action is about the athletes, not the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

An Iowa fan who sits behind the visitors bench was escorted out of Carver by the Police last nite.

Just a hunch he is likely the same IDIOT who RBY said something to during the PSU dual in Carver. 

Nice to see Iowa fans on HR condemning this jerk.

I looked at twitter pics, I do not think it is the same guy (I thought it was a bigger man that RBY was yelling at) but it is very difficult to tell. 

Forrest Molinari also claiming that she was asked to leave.  Not sure if she is serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Glad the fans reacted that way. I read the thread on HR and more than 1 person stated this JERK acts this way towards the visiting team and wrestlers all the time. I think the odds are very high he was ripping the PSU athletes just as he was ripping OSU last nite. This makes the assertion here on this board that RBY did something wrong that night extremely questionable. Not that I ever thought RBY did anything wrong to begin with. Fans need to be just that, fans. The action is about the athletes, not the fans. 

Hold on... chirping at a fan is a problem.  The guys at Rudis made it seem like Mark Hall was more interested in chirping and it may have hurt his focus during the dual. Dernlan couldn't believe the PSU coaches didn't have someone in charge of their bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I looked at twitter pics, I do not think it is the same guy (I thought it was a bigger man that RBY was yelling at) but it is very difficult to tell. 

Forrest Molinari also claiming that she was asked to leave.  Not sure if she is serious.

We don't know if the guy in the still pic vs PSU is the same guy who was escorted out, but one guy can effect another in a given situation. Your fans close to the action getting into with the athletes is uncalled for and that is why one got tossed by the police. Don't minimize this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

We don't know if the guy in the still pic vs PSU is the same guy who was escorted out, but one guy can effect another in a given situation. Your fans close to the action getting into with the athletes is uncalled for and that is why one got tossed by the police. Don't minimize this. 

My fans? lol

My understanding is that he was tossed because he was mouthy with the police.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, russelscout said:

See, why do you even need to do this? Im tough guy, cinderella, loser, all of these things. Are you really surprised that we don't get along when you can't stop the incessant name calling?
 

I don't hold it against anyone for not being as knowledgable. I think that is silly. Your problem is that you can't talk about anything without getting extremely upset when someone disagrees with you.

People disagree with me all the time. You know what I don't do? Take it personal. 

I don't have a problem with new members. The only person that is making it an issue is you with your constant calling out of long term posters and taking a position that you are getting picked on. 
 

What is it that I have said? I call you out for the things that you ACTUALLY DID SAY about women in our sport, but other than that what have I said? I don't name call. I don't try to paint you as a loser. I don't go on rants about how unsuccessful you must be or how I know people like you and there is no reason for people like you on this earth. That is what you do. You go that direction any time someone disagrees with you. I don't understand how you can try to demand so much respect when you give out so little. 

There are so many people on here that I disagree with Marcus, but at the end of the day I know I can still talk to @TBar1977@BigTenFanboy, and @Lurker without them making it personal despite the fact that we argue constantly. 

Russell – Let me clarify something. My Mother is a woman. My wife is a woman. Most of the seniors I spend quality time with are women. The animal shelter where I volunteer some of my time as a dog walker are managed by women. Most of the successful salespeople I’ve managed were women.  One of the most inspiring bosses to me was a woman. It’s been my professional and personal experience that women are better than men in so many ways.

What you continue to thrive on when it comes to me is my position on women wrestling. Yes, I am not in favor of it, especially if it comes at the expense of men. Historically speaking, men’s wrestling has taken a beating via Title 9 – just look at what happened to the SEC.  I recognize I was a bit harsh when the subject was brought up last year and was told so by one person in particular.  I’ve since tried stayed away from the subject, yet you keep on bringing it up plus you add things I've never said. In addition you also got into it with me politically last year which is where a lot of things I say to you today come from.  Going forward would you agree to disagree on certain things without taking shots at one another. I’m cool with that if you are.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Vak is just another poster.  Some good some bad like everyone else, but I can assure you he is in no way , "a king here." 

Yeah, but you gotta admit "King Vak" has a nice ring to it.  Maybe he should change his name. 

BTW, there's a "King Vak" mentioned in the Mahabharata.  He was the king of Kasmir during the first three decades of the 30th century BC.  According to the  Sanskrit text he was the most powerful king of antiquity for the initial two decades of his rule.   Unfortunately, he faded badly in the third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Russell – Let me clarify something. My Mother is a woman. My wife is a woman. Most of the seniors I spend quality time with are women. The animal shelter where I volunteer some of my time as a dog walker are managed by women. Most of the successful salespeople I’ve managed were women.  One of the most inspiring bosses to me was a woman. It’s been my professional and personal experience that women are better than men in so many ways.

What you continue to thrive on when it comes to me is my position on women wrestling. Yes, I am not in favor of it, especially if it comes at the expense of men. Historically speaking, men’s wrestling has taken a beating via Title 9 – just look at what happened to the SEC.  I recognize I was a bit harsh when the subject was brought up last year and was told so by one person in particular.  I’ve since tried stayed away from the subject, yet you keep on bringing it up plus you add things I've never said. In addition you also got into it with me politically last year which is where a lot of things I say to you today come from.  Going forward would you agree to disagree on certain things without taking shots at one another. I’m cool with that if you are.

Here is the thing though. I bring it up when it is relevant. Most of our convos take part with you trying to take a moral high ground over me. You describe me as a piece of crap, someone with no moral standing, and this morning have called me a poor son, husband, and father. When you attack me as a person like that I feel it is my right to point out moral inconsistencies that you have taken which were beyond a law and focussed on what kind of women actually partake in wrestling. You are attacking peoples character which you have no basis for and then are offended when someone points out something you actually said. 

I completely disagree with your position with Title IX. I would be happy to discuss it in a civil way, but I am not convinced you are capable of having that conversation without calling me "cinderella" or any other insult you resort to. As far as the political stuff, I have made an effort to stay away from those conversations. Still, you are not the only one I have had those conversations with. Yet, you are the only one who feels completely free to attack my character and is willing to still attack my character based on the a convo that was had a year ago. 

I am completely fine with not taking shots at you. I fail to see where I have though. When you say things like this: 
 

Quote

In contrast, we have die-hard Iowa fans here who chose to ignore the thread posted for Brandon Sorenson the other day. His girlfriend and family said he frequents these forums because there's not much else to do while battling cancer. It sure would be nice to do what a few NON Iowa fans did in that thread which was to express a few kind words of support for this kid. I'm sure he would appreciate it. 


Its pretty damn clear that you are painting others in a poor light. How can you honestly do things like that and then be shocked when people have a rebuttal? Once again, I will give you respect when you bother to give others respect. 

Edited by russelscout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Here is the thing though. I bring it up when it is relevant. Most of our convos take part with you trying to take a moral high ground over me. You describe me as a piece of crap, someone with no moral standing, and this morning have called me a poor son, husband, and father. When you attack me as a person like that I feel it is my right to point out moral inconsistencies that you have taken which were beyond a law and focussed on what kind of women actually partake in wrestling. You are attacking peoples character which you have no basis for and then offended when someone points out something you actually said. 

I completely disagree with your position with Title IX. I would be happy to discuss it in a civil way, but I am not convinced you are capable of having that conversation without calling me "cinderella" or any other insult you resort to. As far as the political stuff, I have made an effort to stay away from those conversations. Still, you are not the only one I have had those conversations with. Yet, you are the only one who feels completely free to attack my character and is willing to still attack my character based on the a convo that was had a year ago. 

I am completely fine with not taking shots at you. I fail to see where I have though. When you say things like this: 
 


Its pretty damn clear that you are painting others in a poor light. How can you honestly do things like that and then be shocked when people have a rebuttal? Once again, I will give you respect when you bother to give others respect. 

yea that quote was dumb and I deserved to get my head handed to me for that. I didnt mean to paint others in a poor light, it just came out that way. Sometimes the things I'm most compassionate about get muddied with emotions. I'll do better next time. My apologies to IA fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marcus Cisero said:

yea that quote was dumb and I deserved to get my head handed to me for that. I didnt mean to paint others in a poor light, it just came out that way. Sometimes the things I'm most compassionate about get muddied with emotions. I'll do better next time. My apologies to IA fans.

russelscout will, "eat your lunch" when it comes to arguing.  He's ace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

My fans? lol

My understanding is that he was tossed because he was mouthy with the police.

 

Iowa fans. 

He got tossed for mouthing with the police, but the police were called to that spot because he was mouthing off towards the Ok State athletes and coaches. And in a very derogatory way. Fans can and do go TOO FAR. Hence the police action. Those actions are not defensible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Iowa fans. 

He got tossed for mouthing with the police, but the police were called to that spot because he was mouthing off towards the Ok State athletes and coaches. And in a very derogatory way. Fans can and do go TOO FAR. Hence the police action. Those actions are not defensible. 

If I'd been at that match there's a chance I'd have been yelling derogatory things at the Cowboy's performance, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Iowa fans. 

He got tossed for mouthing with the police, but the police were called to that spot because he was mouthing off towards the Ok State athletes and coaches. And in a very derogatory way. Fans can and do go TOO FAR. Hence the police action. Those actions are not defensible. 

Stop lumping ALL Iowa fans into one.  One fan got booted for mouthing off, the rest of the Iowa fans around him cheered as he was escorted out.  No one liked his attitude and please stop pretending that PSU fans don't do the same thing.  Watch any sporting event including a wrestling meet hosted by PSU and you will see fans yelling at coaches AND athletes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russelscout said:

There are so many people on here that I disagree with Marcus, but at the end of the day I know I can still talk to @TBar1977@BigTenFanboy, and @Lurker without them making it personal despite the fact that we argue constantly. 

Well damn. I hope I at least made the honorable mentions for people you disagree with a lot, but still can talk to at the end of the day lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...