BigTimeFan

Oklahoma State VS Iowa thread

Just now, goheels1812 said:

In the 1st and 2nd I feel like Picc did almost any and everything you possibly can to get off bottom and Spencer was just that much better. Reminds me of watching David Taylor dismantle opponents from the top position. 

Taylor developed a much larger and  arguably more technical repertoire from the top and he never faded in the third

Just now, dmm53 said:

Taylor developed a much larger and  arguably more technical repertoire from the top and he never faded in the third

Yeah that’s why I was comparing it to the 1st and 2nd. Spencer definitely fades a little in the 3rd. But he was a leech in the 1st and 2nd tonight. 

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

Piccinnini was closer to getting pinned or teched than he was to winning that match. 

If other wrestlers were held to the same standard that Spencer Lee is... oh boy.

This isn’t about standards or criticism. Observation stands : Lee was tired in the third. 

Just now, BigTimeFan said:

Call it whatever you want. He wasn’t the same energy level third period as first and second. 

Scoring 10 points against arguably the #2 wrestler in the nation can be exhausting. I bet if he hooked an ankle then faked a half Nelson to hold on he’d have plenty left in the third. 

instead, he’ll just have to settle for his 5th bonus point win against a top ten opponent and winning Senior Nationals this year.

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

Scoring 10 points against arguably the #2 wrestler in the nation can be exhausting. I bet if he hooked an ankle then faked a half Nelson to hold on he’d have plenty left in the third. 

instead, he’ll just have to settle for his 5th bonus point win against a top ten opponent and winning Senior Nationals this year.

Should have gone with the double collar.